Podcast Topics?

mania

Alright, so later this week, and I'll be sure to post when it's up, we're launching the first ever (as far as I can tell) sports logo/uniform related podcast, the Logocast.

The hosts are going to be myself, Infared41, and possibly raysox.

The first part of the show will be discussing news, recent unveilings and what not, with our reactions.

The second part, I think will be just as much fun, and that will be random uniform-related topics.

These can be more broad, like just our favorite uniform sets/logos, to something far more esoteric (just off the top of my head, best use of... purple in sports).

So give us suggestions, and if we like them, we'll discuss them and give you credit for it!

You can either reply here, hit us up on Twitter, on Facebook, or send them via email to thelogocast@gmail.com.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta discuss Oregon football. Dedicate one episode just for that.

Another can be the best and worst uniforms of each of the major uniform manufacturers (NIKE, Reebok, UnderArmour, Adidas, Russell, etc.)

Best custom color (For me personally, it's Volt)

Really any of the topics we discuss here, but especially the two above.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Gotta discuss Oregon football. Dedicate one episode just for that.

Another can be the best and worst uniforms of each of the major uniform manufacturers (NIKE, Reebok, UnderArmour, Adidas, Russell, etc.)

Best custom color (For me personally, it's Volt)

Really any of the topics we discuss here, but especially the two above.

The shorter the episodes (30 minutes or less) the better. Just keep it simple. A topic you could hit on is the over-abundance or even overuse of alternates to the fact that you really can't tell what are alternates and sometimes who is playing. Another thing is the ridiculous "los" Stupidio or whatever nationality uniforms. And a third would be throwback baseball uniforms that are not only wrong, but sized for King Kong Bundy, one size does not fit all!

An easy topic: fauxbacks. Best and worst. How they're comparable to actual throwbacks.

TATC. That would be a funny one.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

how attached are you to "the logocast"?. not really feeling that name

i would actually say the longer, the better. i have no problem listening to a 2 hour podcast. longer podcast also grab more hits, people come back to finish listening. if its only 30 mins, i really dont see the point. most on the 5by5 network (my favorite podcast site) are an hour long.

i would say do a 2012 review. go over everything (or most important things) we've seen this year. Blue Jays, Orioles, Oregon's Rose Bowl helmets, whatever.

definitely 1 episode dedicated to Oregon branding.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Yeah, the interviews are definitely something I have planned. I want to go a few episodes guestless, to let the on-air chemistry kind of get right, and then introduce one every couple of weeks, depending on who we can get and their schedule. Definitely have a wish list that I'd want to talk to right away.

Building this week's agenda as we speak.

Nah, don't stick to just 30 minutes. Stick with whatever the content is. The length will largely be determined by your release rate.

It's going to help if you attach images to your podcast or create a separate video podcast alongside it. It' sabout logos and uniforms after all, it's almost kind of required to see what you are talking about to really get the most out of it.

Nah, don't stick to just 30 minutes. Stick with whatever the content is. The length will largely be determined by your release rate.

It's going to help if you attach images to your podcast or create a separate video podcast alongside it. It' sabout logos and uniforms after all, it's almost kind of required to see what you are talking about to really get the most out of it.

That's exactly what Mania plans on doing. Pictures will accompany whatever uniform we're talking about. Besides, no one wants to look at our ugly mugs, right? B)

BB52Big.jpg

I'm not sure how CCSLC-centered this podcast is, but it would be kinda cool (at least to me) if you perhaps read some of the worthwhile posts on the topics you are talking about. Not the stupid stuff like the Nike-adoring youth fan posts from nuordr (sorry for singling you out buddy :) ) or any Cleve-jacking nonsense, but if a board member makes a good point or interesting idea (like the poster that turned the Astros current cap 90 degrees), I think you could give them some on-air props. Kind of like how Paul Lukas steals little tidbits for his UniWatch blog.

At the very least, it may give the average CCSLC user a reason to tune in and help boost your listens a little.

(Paul, if you're reading this, that was MY idea to invert the Maryland Terps football/flag shoulder patterns to mimic the flag better. Give me proper due next time. :P )

I hope you guys all have two hours of your time you're willing to give up to hear 3 guys talk about the Vikings purple and the Texas Rangers uniforms.

We covered more than that...I think...didn't we mention something about the Rams in there somewhere? B)

Seriously though, other than us stepping on each other and me talking too much, I thought it went pretty well. I thought you did a particularly good job. You really know your stuff.

BB52Big.jpg

I hope you guys all have two hours of your time you're willing to give up to hear 3 guys talk about the Vikings purple and the Texas Rangers uniforms.

We covered more than that...I think...didn't we mention something about the Rams in there somewhere? B)

Seriously though, other than us stepping on each other and me talking too much, I thought it went pretty well. I thought you did a particularly good job. You really know your stuff.

Thanks man! It was pretty cool talking with you and mania. Mania is mixing and cutting out bits we don't want and it'll be out soon!

Also we name dropped a lot of people on here, so prepare to be flattered! Also there's language if you're offended or whatever. But the language basically gave me an OK to talk about the anus in the Rays fauxbacks

Archived