Brooklyn Nets rebrand

raysox

I was busy on vacation.

So in Brooklyn I saw my fair share of new Nets gear. I thought with the right LOGOS they could be super sweet. But their logos look rushed and generic, so I did the opposite and did something cool.

The cursive script was what I first wanted, I have that script, and cleaned it up and added a tail. Then I sketched a net, but the strings were interwoven with eachother as you can see below. I pieced the identity together with a circle logo and Brooklyn script. You guys better like it, inkscape crashed and I had to redo the whole concept.

Nets.png

Has the jerseys been released yet? Not even sure. I did a simple design similar to the last ones. The pattern up the side match the net design, and I put the design in the middle to see. Nothing special here!

NetsUnis.png

I really like the jerseys, colour palette and scripts.

I also like the idea behind the net logo, but the 'BRK' doesn't feel right. "BKLYN" or "BK" make much more sense if you're going to use a short-form for the city name. Other than that, the net logo is awesome.

The primary logo needs to be blown up and restarted. Each individual piece doesn't seem to fit with the other... the tiny net logo seems randomly added, and the 'Nets' script seems like it's off-balance within the roundel.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I really like the jerseys, colour palette and scripts.

I also like the idea behind the net logo, but the 'BRK' doesn't feel right. "BKLYN" or "BK" make much more sense if you're going to use a short-form for the city name. Other than that, the net logo is awesome.

The primary logo needs to be blown up and restarted. Each individual piece doesn't seem to fit with the other... the tiny net logo seems randomly added, and the 'Nets' script seems like it's off-balance within the roundel.

Ditto

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

No offense, but the net looks like a wastebasket.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

The net on the the Primary should be dumped. Also, I agree that BRK isn't the best way to go. Maybe BKN or something else would fit better.

The jerseys though, are fantastic.

Keep working on this.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

These are awesome, much better than what the team went with. I really like the net in the primary, so I hope you don't take it out. My only real suggestion is changing BRK to BK or BKLYN like others have already said.

spacer.png

I agree with some of the other posters that the net kind of has a wastebasket feel to it, but it seems kind of inevitable when it gets simplified. The BRK isn't a good option; seems like it's short for "brick" imo.

spacer.png

I think that it's a great logo, but marketing wise I think the nets need a logo or at least an alternative logo that screams "Brooklyn".

The one thing good I can say about the Thunder logo is that it is a big ole OKC.. And that is what the thunder wanted.. It didn't really matter what the nickname was they wanted to promote that they have a team in OKC.

Your nets logo says and represents the team name Nets will, but I don't think it reflects Brooklyn enough, and that's what the nets really need.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Really nicely done, raysox. The "BRK" as the arreviation has been mentioned by others...I agree that either "BK" or "BKLYN" would be better. My only other gripe is the netting on the side of the jersey. I like the idea, but it's a bit distracting. I don't know if simply making it thinner would help, or maybe making it a smaller section.

As I said, really solid work. It's really nice to see a simple black and white logo.

I really like what youve done here. So much better than what they have. Youve managed to make an all black logo work. I assumed the Nets were going to go with a cool old-school script in their logo. It just seemed like a Brooklyn team should have a cool script and you've done that here too. Nice job! I just cant believe the lame font choice that the Nets really went with. Youve even kept a little bit of the old New Jersey Nets court (zigsags) and put it on the jersey sides. The Secondary logo is also nice and clean. It could go without the circle, but eitherway.

I wish the Nets would change their mind and go with this or something similar but of course it's too late.

Archived