Dolphins considering new logo

gdu

Shameless plug alert... :P

MIAdolphins_NPC.png

ARE THESE THE DOLPHINS NEW UNIFORMS FOR 2013?

That'll be the headline on every significant sports blog by Monday. Be careful Buc... :P

Thanks for recoloring the cleats and gloves (since no one seems to on this template), but you left the Miami "U" logo on the inside of both cleats.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MIAdolphins_NPC.png

ARE THESE THE DOLPHINS NEW UNIFORMS FOR 2013?

That'll be the headline on every significant sports blog by Monday. Be careful Buc... :P

Thanks for recoloring the cleats and gloves (since no one seems to on this template), but you left the Miami "U" logo on the inside of both cleats.

Like the uniforms but I think they have to use a slightly modified original logo for the helmet. This modern one is good on its own but doesn't stand up to the original especially given its stellar history.

I'm almost positive that if the Dolphins changed to this modern logo, there would be a cry out for the "throwback" in a year or two and then a full call for the old look. Too much history to abandon.

Those Agency-esque numbers don't fit to me. Nor, for that matter, do the drop-shadowed ones they have now. It would have to be some sort of Art Deco-inspired number set if it's not to be good old straight-up varsity block (my preference for a heritage franchise like the Fins). When you have the best team of all time, you should probably try to look like them as long as you can, wonky anthropomorphic dolphin and all.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Thank the LORD!

I've been saying it since they introduced it in the mid-90s. DOLPHINS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE MEAN like the logo has it looking...

Hankslament.jpg

LMAO!!! I knew somebody was going to bring up Hank Hill getting sexually asaulted at the dolphin show.

"The dolphin's the one who should be ashamed of himself!"

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Those Agency-esque numbers don't fit to me. Nor, for that matter, do the drop-shadowed ones they have now. It would have to be some sort of Art Deco-inspired number set if it's not to be good old straight-up varsity block (my preference for a heritage franchise like the Fins). When you have the best team of all time, you should probably try to look like them as long as you can, wonky anthropomorphic dolphin and all.

I don't think anybody who didn't play on that team actually believes they do. That aside, I agree that they should wear something close to that look. Also, the "sleek" dolphin logos posted here are not good for this team. They would look great on corporate letterhead, but not for an NFL franchise.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Dolphins' logo is outstanding exactly as it is. I could possibly see removing some of the Navy shadowing. Anything beyond that amounts to little more than "logo redesign to spur merchandising-fueled cash-grab".

My thoughts exactly. The Dolphins logo is great. Leave it alone.

BB52Big.jpg

On 7/13/2012 at 3:18 PM, Buc said:

That is tremendous. Love the simplicity/sleekness of the logo.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I like their color scheme as is, maybe they should lose the drop shadowed numbers. What they really need to the logo is this:

n3Zovx.gif

Which is why the Dolphins need to remove the helmet from their logo.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Although something like that is quite nice, I think this would backlash, Buffalo Sabres, New York Islanders, San Francisco 49ers style. As cheesy as their logo is (a Dolphin wearing a helmet with a picture of itself on it), it's classic. A minor tweak would be fine, but a complete change would start a riot.

dolphin-logo.png

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

Ok, let's play devil's advocate here.

Among whom, exactly, just would this "riot" start? Aside from Tnak and maybe a scant few others up in here, exactly how much of a fanbase do the Dolphins have outside of Miami? Are we sure the riot wouldn't just consist of Creamerites and maybe a few hard-core Dolphanatics? (I mean, I'm a Florida native, and even I can't recall having seen too terribly many Dolphins fans during my 22 years of living down there.)

Just a differing perspective, I suppose.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The .gif that RH has posted is definitely giving me seizures!

On topic, it's about time that the 'Fins update their logo and uniform set.

I hope the logo that they conjure up with is similar to Buc's concept.

I was under the impression that the Dolphins had a fairly wide fanbase beyond Miami at one point, at least as far as Miami teams go. Could've just been Marino fans, or people who needed to claim an NFL team while the Saints and Buccaneers were radioactively bad.

How did Tank wind up a Dolphins fan, anyway?

Probably the same way fans here in CT became Dolphins fans...TV. I seem to remember the Dolphins being on a lot in the '80s when they were good and the Jets and Patriots were both terrible.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

People who didn't want to be Saints fans more than likely became Cowboys fans more so than Dolfans.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I always thought some sort of modified Clarendon font for the numbers would pair nicely with their current script wordmark.

Although something like that is quite nice, I think this would backlash, Buffalo Sabres, New York Islanders, San Francisco 49ers style. As cheesy as their logo is (a Dolphin wearing a helmet with a picture of itself on it), it's classic. A minor tweak would be fine, but a complete change would start a riot.

dolphin-logo.png

Yeah, I was confused by that comment too. It's always been an M, hasn't it?

I always thought some sort of modified Clarendon font for the numbers would pair nicely with their current script wordmark.

Clarendon? Noooo. Slab serifs don't match their wordmark or any sort of South Florida aesthetic at all. They'd have to be sans-serif if anything.

Archived