Dolphins considering new logo

gdu

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take this with a grain of salt, but I read on my NFL Mobile app that the Dolphins aren't looking to change colors, and those who have seen the logo proposals say they're more akin to the old Dolphins Stadium logo than to what they currently have.

Sigs are for sissies.

Take this with a grain of salt, but I read on my NFL Mobile app that the Dolphins aren't looking to change colors, and those who have seen the logo proposals say they're more akin to the old Dolphins Stadium logo than to what they currently have.

If that's true, then it will be hot garbage. The dolphin now is fine. Take away the navy and clean it up a little. Going to abstract corporate letterhead :censored: might work for the Marlins, but I would hope the Dolphins are above that.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

It's already fairly abstract. A "Heat" logo kind of has to be.

I contend that the abstract, streamlined modernity of the Marlins suits Miami just as much as the hokey datedness of the Dolphins. Both aesthetics are very much in play in South Florida. Keep the Dolphins looking like the Dolphins, please.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Yeah, as nice as some of the Dolphins Stadium inspired concepts look, they were beaten to the split-fish (okay, mammal) punch by the Marlins. To go with something like that now just seems wrong, IMO. It's not like the black and gold of Pittsburgh. One team doing it is enough.

I really think if the Dolphins drop navy and darken the aqua to a tone they can live with -- and actually wear -- they'll be fine. Own it. But don't stray too far from the original. Modernize, don't rebuild.

I say there's a 99% chance grey will be involved in the dolphins new logo, helmet, or uni or all 3. Nike is greyifying everything. At least an actual dolphin is grey.

I think the correct word is "Anthracite"... which, applied to the Dolphins, would rhyme with "Atrocious" :cursing:

The Dolphins Stadium inspired logo concepts are computer generated bulls#%t. If the Dolphins switch to that logo, they might just as well switch to the AIFL.

It's just so... plain.

Mn476.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Someone mentioned on sports radio today -- or perhaps it was a commercial -- that the Dolphins were the HBO "Hard Knocks" team. Not to call the integrity of reality TV into question, but perhaps some wild concepts will surface to add to the "drama." I don't know how far afield these shows go (no pun intended). I only saw the first season, and the only thing I remember is that the Ravens tight end thought his girlfriend looked like Britney Spears.

as a long time dolphins fan I would like to see a change. their look has gotton stale not "classic" I would like to see a navy jersey with teel and orange highlights. I would also like too see something other than a white helmet. Unfortunatly all I think well get is a something like a shift in the angle of the dolphin and maybe some new sleeve stripes

They really need to use more aqua in any future set. There should not be a white on white option. If they insist on wearing white at home during the day, it should be white on aqua. Ideally I'd like for them to wear aqua over white at home, but whatever.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 2 weeks later...

The Dolphins Stadium inspired logo concepts are computer generated bulls#%t. If the Dolphins switch to that logo, they might just as well switch to the AIFL.

It's just so... plain.

Mn476.jpg

Buffalo Dolphins? Miami Bills? Dolphin/Bison?

5660299338_f9de1a078e_z.jpg

5659732257_11a2c8d0d4_z.jpg

They really need to use more aqua in any future set. There should not be a white on white option. If they insist on wearing white at home during the day, it should be white on aqua. Ideally I'd like for them to wear aqua over white at home, but whatever.

I dunno, I think the Dolphins can look pretty sharp in all white. I'd prefer aqua at home, too, as the whole "make them wear dark jerseys so they're more uncomfortable in the humidity, except that we're all wearing pounds upon pounds of equipment under our specially-engineered performance fabric" trick hasn't really made Dolphin Stadium an impenetrable fortress, now has it.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's just so... plain.

Mn476.jpg

Buffalo Dolphins? Miami Bills? Dolphin/Bison?

I really doubt that's happening....

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm probably in the minority, but this life-long Dolphin fan preferred the uniforms that Miami introduced in the mid-90s. I liked the block numbers with the shading. I think the darker shade of aqua with the addition of the navy blue looked good. I personally do want to see a major overhaul of the logo or the uniforms.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

• 2 months later...

Archived