Dolphins considering new logo

gdu

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Dolphins Stadium inspired logo concepts are computer generated bulls#%t. If the Dolphins switch to that logo, they might just as well switch to the AIFL.

It's just so... plain.

Mn476.jpg

I guess its a matter of personal preference in this case. This is a similar scenario to that of the Miami Marlins logo change. Some people preferred the more detailed traditionally rendered Marlin logo while others (including me) prefer the newer, simpler, and sleeker logo. I'm not saying that the Dolphins should copy the Marlins, I'm just saying that with such a beautiful and easily recognizable animal to render it may behoove them to at least think about opting for a simpler solution for their logo.

MonsterDolphin.png

Wow

Not all that bad. I could live with that.

The problem with the giant logos on helmets today are that the new styles have many vent holes in odd places. See Minnesota Vikings. Also, I believe almost, if not everyone other than a kicker and a few qbs, have chin straps that buckle above their temple.

KISSwall09.jpg

The Dolphins Stadium inspired logo concepts are computer generated bulls#%t. If the Dolphins switch to that logo, they might just as well switch to the AIFL.

It's just so... plain.

Mn476.jpg

I wouldn't consider it plain, but it definitely screams 1990's. Just needs an I.O.U. or B.U.M. Equipment clothing logo underneath it.

I can't express enough how I want the navy gone.

I'm a life long Dolphins fan, and I actually liked the uniform changes of the mid 90's. I like the darker aqua (teal), the block numbers with shadowing, the tweaked logo, and the addition of navy blue into the color scheme. I wish they would use more navy. I think it looks good with the teal.

http://www.theheadrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Dan-Marino-pic.gif

I don't care for a more abstract dolphin for the helmet logo.

To each his own. :)

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Β 

Β 

It's just so... plain.

Mn476.jpg

Buffalo Dolphins? Miami Bills? Dolphin/Bison?

I really doubt that's happening....

A Dolphin with no tail fin. Didn't they make a movie about that a while back?

I'm a life long Dolphins fan, and I actually liked the uniform changes of the mid 90's. I like the darker aqua (teal), the block numbers with shadowing, the tweaked logo, and the addition of navy blue into the color scheme. I wish they would use more navy. I think it looks good with the teal.

http://www.theheadru...-Marino-pic.gif

I agree with all the bold parts, though I wish that the Dolphins went back to their lighter (1970's) shade of aqua (the current shade looks way too close to green for my liking, especially since the uniforms are not shiny anymore) and that the shade of blue is changed to royal.

NINJA EDIT: I would also like for their white jersey to be more consistent with the rest of their jersey selection and for their striping pattern to be consistent across all of their colors (example is in my signature).

MiamiDolphinsStriping-1_zpsb1620a41.png

http://www.theheadru...-Marino-pic.gif

I agree with all the bold parts, though I wish that the Dolphins went back to their lighter (1970's) shade of aqua (the current shade looks way too close to green for my liking) and that the shade of blue is changed to royal.

The blue and aqua in your avatar look good together. Personally, I prefer darker shades of both, but either way, I feel the addition of blue with the aqua really works for the Dolphins because they both convey an "oceanic" feeling.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Β 

Β 

I know it was pretty matter of fact that the logo change is happening, but this was retweeted by the Miami Dolphins themselves:

http://thefinsiders....e-likely-coming

Dee had previously hinted that any adjustments would be more subtle than drastic, going so far as to tell fans that a Marlins-like overhaul would not be the direction the Dolphins would go, if they were to make a change.

Dee also said that the deadline for submitting changes for next season is β€œlooming” and that β€œI think fans will be very excited with what they see down the road here shortly.”

Archived