Peoria Rivermen

jncox9

This is my concept for the Peoria Rivermen contest.

PeoriaRivermenJerseyEntry-JustinCox.jpg?t=1342202804

I have never been a fan of their logos so I designed my own. The primary is a cross between the primary and secondary logo. I wanted to keep the overall jersey design pretty simple but I also added the sublimated rope pattern to set it apart from other designs. I would really appreciate and C&C you have!

Nice to see I'm not the only one that thought to complete the wheel and stick the secondary logo inside <_<

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

It looks pretty good. I might suggest losing the dark navy "stripes" in between the gold and blue since they will likely be drowned out anyway by the lighter colors.

My other thought is one of personal taste; I've never been that fond of the navy used by the Blues and Rivs in their alternates, so would it be possible to flip the blues in the jersey and stripes?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Gotta agree on the blue inside the yellow stripes being in danger of vanishing in the darker blue. Kinda like the old blue and black Preds alternate.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

I've read of the few comments I received and made some changes. I switched the shades of blue and added white inside the striping. Which version do you like better? Once again, any C&C is much appreciated! Peoria2-JustinCox.jpg?t=1342289526

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my third entry.

Peoria3-JustinCox.jpg

I wanted to make a yellow jersey for the contest and I thought blue arms would look good. I am not a fan of nicknames on jersey but for some reason I have never had a problem with the "RIVS" jersey. I altered that logo to create a diagonal script and added a simplified version of my primary logo to the shoulders. I would love to hear feedback on all three jerseys. Thanks!

Here is my third entry.

Peoria3-JustinCox.jpg

I wanted to make a yellow jersey for the contest and I thought blue arms would look good. I am not a fan of nicknames on jersey but for some reason I have never had a problem with the "RIVS" jersey. I altered that logo to create a diagonal script and added a simplified version of my primary logo to the shoulders. I would love to hear feedback on all three jerseys. Thanks!

That looks awesome. I'm a sucker for yellow jerseys.

Archived