Xodius' NHL Concepts

Xodius

Well, I guess it's time to have a central place for all my concepts now that I have a lot more free time on my hands. By the way, you might have seen my concepts on HJC under 'Thallos'.

Los Angeles Kings

New Jersey Devils

Florida Panthers

Tampa Bay Lightning

Anaheim Ducks

Dallas Stars

Toronto Maple Leafs

Ottawa Nationals

Here's New Jersey:

NewJerseyDevils.png

I was originally just playing around with stitching designs just to mess around and hoped to come out with something off the charts. What I came up with is far from it, but I like how it turned out. I haven't seen too many NJ black concepts that I'm too fond of. Some are far too simple that don't translate well to black, and others are far too busy with too much going on.

I felt that aside from the traditional hem and arm stripes, I'd add some subliminal designs to add that extra "pizazz" to such a simple identity that New Jersey has developed since day 1 without going too overboard.

OttawaSenators.png

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both this and your Kings design are extremely superb! I am very critical of seeing Kings designs just because people try way too hard. You understand what works and this Devils' design is awesome and I'd love to see it on the ice. Keep them coming because these are some of the best NHL designs I've seen on this site!

• 2 weeks later...

LOVE the red jersey, no complaints on that one. On the white jersey I would try making all the blue striped areas red and the red striped areas blue because your red jersey suggests that your intention is to have red be your primary color. Other than that, really solid concept. The Devils jersey would make a perfect alt, by the way, nice job on that too.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

I think I'm satisfied with the color scheme. I figured the logo itself features a lot of navy, so I find it's only fitting to have navy be prevalent in the away jersey. Thanks though, I appreciate the critique.

Any more C&C?

OttawaSenators.png

Tampa Bay was sort of a challenge to do. I was contemplating whether to go with their winning look (black and white w/ blue) or the current look. Too often I see TB concepts that look a bit tacky and I didn't want to go that route. Personally, I like the simple 2 color look the Lightning have currently developed for themselves, but as an expansion team with a modern logo, I felt their jersey design did not fit (nor did the pre-Edge designs). So I tried some new stuff to help define the Lightning look without looking too tacky.

Concept-Home.png

Concept-Away.png

OttawaSenators.png

i actually like that a lot! That template isn't all bad as long as teams do something different with it. I actually grew to really like Tampa's last set before this redesign, and i think you're right on in keeping their jerseys a little more modern. I like what you did with not inverting the logo between the two. Excellent.

This is a nearly perfect Lightning set. I liked the new design far better than their old threads, and you made it really work on this template which ordinarily I am not a fan of. The only thing I would get rid of is the horizontal lines inside the numbers, because they are a little distracting, but other than that really nice job on these.

Cohenj.png

Thanks for comments guys. I appreciate it.

I always loved the purple and eggplant look for Anaheim. Currently they sport a dark, dated look that doesn't pop well. Now that LA has gotten rid of purple, the lack of purple in the NHL was troubling. I didn't exactly want to go back to the Disney era, or get stuck with their current look, so I decided that a complete design overhaul was necessary. I think people will either hate this next one, or love it and I won't be surprised if that is the outcome.

Concept-Home-1.png

Concept-Away-1.png

OttawaSenators.png

I like the overall look alot, surprsingly. The one thing I would work on is that I think on the hem of the jersey 4 different colors of striping is one or two too many. Try using just the first two colors on each and see how itl looks. While out of the box, this idea is pretty good.

Cohenj.png

Lightning is awesome, get rid of the lines in the numbers and youre golden... as for the ducks, i like it for the most part, I don't like the green foot though. I'd say make the jade a little bit brighter to pop more, and make the foot "D" orange.

Archived