2013 NHL Winter Classic

jncox9

This is my idea for the 2013 NHL Winter Classic. It's been about 6 months since the announcement and no logos, jerseys, etc. have been released. First off, here's my concept logo.

WCLogo-JustinCox.png?t=1342547538

The logo features the Big House in front of the Detroit skyline and a forest of trees to give the Winter feel. The original inspiration was from the Big Chill at the Big House's logo.

Detroit Red Wings

DetroitWC-JustinCox.png?t=1342547535

The Wings uniform is a mix between the 1927-28 uniforms and 1932-34 jerseys with a new/simlistic look. A Detroit Cougars inspired logo is used on the shoulders and the brown pants and gloves give the uniform a retro feel.

Toronto Maple Leafs

TorontoWC-JustinCox.png?t=1342547536

The Maple Leafs uniform is a brand new twist on the Leafs look from the 30's as well as some additions from other eras. Lastly I added the Toronto Arenas inspired shoulder patches honoring Toronto's first NHL team.

As always I would love to hear any C&C you have!

I like the logo, but it should say Ann Arbor, not Detroit.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Both jerseys and the WC logo are great, but they would look even better with snow white in lieu of vintage white, especially in Detroit's case. Other than that, my only suggestion would be to get rid of the hem and lower sleeve stripes for Detroit. Still though, I'd be thrilled if the Leafs made that their WC jersey (without vintage white, of course).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

One thing overwhelmingly strikes me as odd about the logo you made and that is how the sides are just curves that have nothing to do with the buildings or trees. I would try doing an arched treeline and arched skyline to match the curve of the top of the stadium so that it all kinda bends down til it just disappears behind the banner. i think that'd give a more cohesive feel to it all.

P.S. I loved what Phoenix Design Works did for The Big Chill so I hope they get the Winter Classic logo design work too.

Archived