NASL Concepts

raysox

Not trying to step on Mcrosby's toes, because I know he had this concept coming up. But I wanted to take a swing at the team too!

I was reading an article about the Cosmos, and the Islanders? gradient multicolored excuse for a logo just stood out. I went to their website, and it was almost as bad as their logo.

http://www.prislandersfc.com/

I especially like the logos in jpg with white borders around them.

Trying to replace the worst logo in the top 2 levels of the US Pyramid would be sort of easy, But I thought it would be fun to do a concept. I did the same crest shape, and put a ribbon around the logo. The original banner I had took about as much time to get wrong and delete it, than it did to do this whole logo. Puerto Rico has castles on the cliffs on the oceans, in which they have little areas like what I put in this concept overlooking the sea for enemy boats. So I made sort of a see scene with the castle, and the sea. The bottom is just a ball with a sun beam design coming out.

Islanders.png

The jerseys are pretty simple, I kept to the template with some piping to make it slightly more original. They're in the MLS style with the font I wanted to use.

IslandersUnis.png

Beautiful! That crest is really nice. I love the color scheme, as well as the scene above the ribbon. I'm not completely sold on the sunburst with the ball, since so much of it is cut off, but other than that great job.

The kits are pretty generic, but that's the MLS for ya.

If you shortened the points on the sunburst to be more like a zigzag pattern It'd probably fix the cutoff issue while still conveying sunshine. Probably more so if you changed the light blue to orange. Also not totally sold on the wave pattern, maybe try having the lines converge a bit more on one and to look more natural. Right now it almost appears to be a flag because all the lines are perfectly parallel.

Either way, great start and sexy as always.

TDZiMMB.png

I updated the sun burst on the logo above! I want to slowly rebrand some teams in the NASL, so look for that.

My team is the Tampa Bay Rowdies, currently their logo is just a green script(seen above) and the star, so I wanted to give the Rowdies an actual crest instead of just the iconic script. I went with an italian type crest which is a vertical oval. I put a ball, and the years that the original Rowdies, and the current Rowdies were started. Those go above the team's green and yellow stripes running horizontally.

tumblr_m7jrc8uO4H1qe2dhgo1_1280.png

The kits are the same as the current, but on an adidas template.

tumblr_m7jrc8uO4H1qe2dhgo2_1280.png

Wow you took the rowdies from god awful to surprisingly tolerable and classy.

I'm just wondering if you could alter the Rowdies script a little to modernize and simplify it while still keeping the same look and overall feel. Also, I feel like the smaller text in the logo is a little too small and verticle for the crest. Perhaps you could look into a new font for that?

The uniforms for both teams are incredible BTW!

2043050vl19qK6.gif

Archived