(Yet Another) Personal Monogram/Logo

NDwas

EDIT: Updated graphics in post #8 below. Or click here to go there (opens in new window).

Greetings, all -

After many failed efforts, I believe I've finally designed a great personal monogram/logo (my initials are NED). Now, I'm just praying it hasn't been done before.

This is what I've decided on, along with a couple usage samples:

ndicon.png

Here are some alternative versions that I decided not to use:

ndiconalt.png

So...how'd I do?

ScreenShot2011-12-09at052105PM.png

Tomorrow's just your future yesterday.

I don't see the D anywhere, but the shape itself is cool. Personally I'd tilt it so that the center line is straight, then encircle it with an equally thick ring.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I don't see the D anywhere, but the shape itself is cool. Personally I'd tilt it so that the center line is straight, then encircle it with an equally thick ring.

Here's the D:

ndiconD.png

And is this what you're suggesting?

ndicon2.png

I don't see the E.

It looks like an stylized H to me.

I'll agree to disagree on the E, but...any suggestions?

I agree with JP. Cool shape, but I'm really not seeing NED in it. N maybe, but it's more of an H to me. The E (I'm assuming that's upper left?) and D need more attention for this to work in my opinion. They feel like afterthoughts right now.

Here's the D:

ndiconD.png

And is this what you're suggesting?

ndicon2.png

Rotate that sucker 90 degrees and you'll have what I was thinking. Personally I'd just stick with the shape, just try to make it more of an N and not worry so much about the D, unless you're desperate to integrate it in there somewhere.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I think one of the big problems is that the N is far larger than the E and the D. That, in combination with the stylization makes it very difficult to decipher. The N is pretty stylized, but because of it's prominence, it can be pulled out. The D and the E are so small, that they appear to be flourishes on the N rather than letters themselves.

its not going to read as NED to anyone. way too abstract, (JPDesign nailed it in his analysis; and with not a single clear letterform to start with it will never read as such) but it dosent matter. call it an abstract N. its a personal mark and its finely crafted, so it will work as a personal mark weather it meets your goal of looking like NED or not. if you like it, then go with it

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Here are several other versions I've been tooling with, all with actual visual letterforms.

First one:

ndicon2-1.png

Second one, and an alt version:

ndicon3-1.png

Third one:

ndicon4.png

And an old one, but still a favorite:

ndlogo2.png

Any better? Thoughts? Suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...