NCAA Football 13

shstpt1

Uniform Store. I like it. I'll be purchasing an Xbox soon and then getting NCAA. Weeee.

I just hope its less a store and more of a free download site.

I believe it is free. If EA starts charging to fix their :censored:ups, the fanbase will be pissed. That would be a bad way to destroy what little fanbase they have left right before they stop making college football games.

The article specifically states that it's for home/away updates, so I think we may have to pay for PC unis/one-offs, though I think they'd probably take the Tiger Woods approach and sell them in packs, not individually.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now, if only EA's exclusive contracts would end as well. Competition is the only thing that will spur EA to make a decent college football game.

You've got your wish on the NCAA contract.

EA files $27 million settlement in lawsuit, cannot renew current NCAA license

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/21/ea-files-27-million-settlement-in-lawsuit-cannot-renew-current/

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

No, EA had an exclusive contract with the NCAA. Part of the issue surrounding the lawsuit is that EA had exclusive licenses for all of the major football leagues. They were monopolizing the market.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'm sure Sony or Sega could make a profit. Or the BackBreaker folks could dial down the injuries and use their superior collision engine. That's something NCAA definitely needs to fix. My d lineman made a tackle be basically breathing on the quarterback.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

We won't see EA make a game with a new engine until the next generation of consoles comes out. No point in developing a new engine for current hardware when that hardware will be obsolete in a few years.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Most engines are applied to templates not hardware. Makes them easy to translate as the hardware changes. However I still doubt we would see that happen. Though Madden is stating they are using an improved collision engine and FIFA 13 is supposed to have an updated engine as well.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

No, EA had an exclusive contract with the NCAA. Part of the issue surrounding the lawsuit is that EA had exclusive licenses for all of the major football leagues. They were monopolizing the market.

Alright, I wasn't aware of that.

I'm sure Sony or Sega could make a profit. Or the BackBreaker folks could dial down the injuries and use their superior collision engine. That's something NCAA definitely needs to fix. My d lineman made a tackle be basically breathing on the quarterback.

I'm not going to disagree with you but the games won't be any good. Everyone else is so far behind EA at the point, it's going to take a few years and installments just building a better engine and getting unique features for any other game is be good.

We won't see EA make a game with a new engine until the next generation of consoles comes out. No point in developing a new engine for current hardware when that hardware will be obsolete in a few years.

No doubt, the new consoles might be rolling out next year. It's already been 7 years since the 360 released and 6 since the PS3.

Still interesting that the CFL couldn't get a game off the ground. I remember a critic getting pissed that the LFL can get a game but they couldn't.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Alright, I wasn't aware of that.

Yep, they have exclusive licenses with the NFL, NCAA and AFL. You'll notice that only two of those three actually have games, which is why EA got in trouble. They owned the AFL license but weren't using it, i.e. 1/3rd of their monopoly was solely for the purpose of preventing the competition from competing.

I would have thought AFL1 folding would have officially ended the deal. But since the new league pretty much assumed the debt I guess it makes sense they'd keep the license as well.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

In all fairness the AFL games were terrible and they didn't sell very well. I bought one a few years back and it was the worst EA football game I've ever played.

In all fairness the AFL games were terrible and they didn't sell very well. I bought one a few years back and it was the worst EA football game I've ever played.

Ah the rare single post - double post, I heard rumors of it's existence but never thought I'd actually see one in real life.

Anyways, although EA's NCAA franchise has been average at best and lacked the improvements I've hoped for over the years I've grown attached and would be really sad to see it go. With that said I think the best thing for it would be if they had a non exclusive license and had to compete year in and out for superiority. Then maybe we'd start to see some of those improvements every once in a while.

On another note, what is this jersey store you speak of? Is it real? Is it new? Is it in the game or online? TELL ME MORE IM DYING TO PLAY WITH NEW JERZEEEEEEEZZZZ

South Alabama doesn't play enough 1-A games this year I think. That might explain the slight. I don't know how hard it'd be to code them into the game in season 2 of a dynasty

They don't play enough FBS games this year? 12 of their 13 games are FBS opponents.

South Alabama wasn't included because they didn't officially become a FBS school until the after the cut-off date. Texas State and UTSA were officially FBS way before South Alabama. You can't really blame EA for that, they have a cut-off that school have to be in by and they didn't make it. They will be in the game next year though.. I follow the NCAA series and video games in general pretty closely so I hear about these things..

EDIT: Also on the Uniform Store, EA said that it's going to be completely free of charge.

USA had an established plan to join the FBS and their Sun Belt foes in football before UMass, UTSA, and Texas State ever considered moving up. USA's final goal has been FBS since they started putting the program together in 2008.

If you followed the games as closely as you say you do, you would have heard EA say it was a mistake. There's no reason they left them out other than they forgot this was USA's first FBS season. UMass, UTSA, and Texas State all had their moves receive more media attention because they happened recently. USA didn't receive they same attention because their deal has long been done and didn't involve the flavor of the month topic that was/is realignment.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

EA never had exclusive rights, other companies just didn't really profit from making College Football titles. If they lose the license then we likely won't see another College Football game for a long time :(

You're actually partially right about EA and the NCAA. EA never had exclusive rights to NCAA basketball. The reason 2k dropped out of basketball was because they said it wasn't profitable for them.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

Archived