2012 NFL week by week Uniform Match-ups thread

canzman

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dolphins are wearing aqua Thursday night. Bills will be in white. Unless the tweet I saw was a total lie.

Dolphins are the away team so I'm not sure why the Bills would be opting to wear white at home which would then put the Dolphin in aqua. I know the Bills throwback is white this year but they already reported that those will be worn against the Rams on December 9th

Dolphins are wearing aqua Thursday night. Bills will be in white. Unless the tweet I saw was a total lie.

Dolphins are the away team so I'm not sure why the Bills would be opting to wear white at home which would then put the Dolphin in aqua. I know the Bills throwback is white this year but they already reported that those will be worn against the Rams on December 9th

Yeap .. It's official and has been confirmed by Bills Equipment ... Buffalo will definitely be in their white away jerseys with blue pants on Thursday night.

https://twitter.com/...3098624/photo/1

The Bills opted to wear this set so that the home fans can see the look in real-time, rather than just what was seen on television at Arizona and Houston. The Bills will still be wearing their all-white 1965 faux throwback with the grazing Bison logo helmet against the Rams.

It's been a long time since the Dolphins have worn their aqua jerseys against the Bills ... If memory serves me correctly the last time was in 1999 for Buffalo at Miami on Monday Night Football as we all know the Dolphins always choose to wear Aqua at home for night games only.

This photo was tweeted by Bills Equipment ... If only the socks were white on top rather than royal they'd be oh so perfect, minus the toilet-seat collar of course.

bills_away_bluepants_2012-1.jpg

Nope. Rules stipulate that if you choose a throwback it must be a part of the uniform sets for 5 seasons. The next time they can adopt a new throwback is for the 2017 season.

I'm not so sure that's true. The Bears wore orange alternates, then went with the navy throwbacks with the orange striping, numbers, and nobs as a tribute to the Monsters of the Midway era, then back to the orange alternate, and now they're wearing the navy throwbacks again.

Not only that, but before the Bears went with that orange alternate they wore a different orange jersey, one that was a throwback from the 40s which they wore against the Cowboys in Dallas on Thanksgiving Day.

Yeap .. It's official and has been confirmed by Bills Equipment ... Buffalo will definitely be in their white away jerseys with blue pants on Thursday night.

https://twitter.com/...3098624/photo/1

The Bills opted to wear this set so that the home fans can see the look in real-time, rather than just what was seen on television at Arizona and Houston. The Bills will still be wearing their all-white 1965 faux throwback with the grazing Bison logo helmet against the Rams.

It's been a long time since the Dolphins have worn their aqua jerseys against the Bills ... If memory serves me correctly the last time was in 1999 for Buffalo at Miami on Monday Night Football as we all know the Dolphins always choose to wear Aqua at home for night games only.

This photo was tweeted by Bills Equipment ... If only the socks were white on top rather than royal they'd be oh so perfect, minus the toilet-seat collar of course.

bills_away_bluepants_2012-1.jpg

Nope. Rules stipulate that if you choose a throwback it must be a part of the uniform sets for 5 seasons. The next time they can adopt a new throwback is for the 2017 season.

I'm not so sure that's true. The Bears wore orange alternates, then went with the navy throwbacks with the orange striping, numbers, and nobs as a tribute to the Monsters of the Midway era, then back to the orange alternate, and now they're wearing the navy throwbacks again.

Not only that, but before the Bears went with that orange alternate they wore a different orange jersey, one that was a throwback from the 40s which they wore against the Cowboys in Dallas on Thanksgiving Day.

There's a difference between the alternate and the throwback. I forget which team it was but they had both the alternate and the throwback listed in the style guide. If memory serves me correctly I do believe it was Arizona. They had the black alternate and the red classic throwback listed.

There's a difference between the alternate and the throwback. I forget which team it was but they had both the alternate and the throwback listed in the style guide. If memory serves me correctly I do believe it was Arizona. They had the black alternate and the red classic throwback listed.

Only partly true. A team can only have one "third uniform" option either an alt or throwback. The only exception to this rule is in the case of a special anniversary season like the NFL 75th Anniversary or the AFL 50th Anniversary season. During a normal season only one "third option" is allowed. A team's anniversary is not considered enough to allow multiple options for alternates.

The first time the Bears wore the 40s throwbacks they were exempt from the 5-year rule because they were a throwback used as part of an anniversary. That means that the orange jerseys were considered the alternate for the 5-year rule, just taking a break for one year. This year the Bears decided to bring the 40s throwback back as their alternate jersey. Since it's not an anniversary and they're just wearing it as an alternate, the 5-year rule would apply to these.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

My educated guesses for this week are the following...

-Rams wearing navy jersey's with white pants.

-Jets wearing white jersey's with green pants.

-Ravens in white jersey's and white pants at Pitt (its become their go-to "look" in Pittsburgh recently)

-Jaguars go back to black pants this week on the road

-Saints in white jersey's and gold pants.

I also agree that the Panthers likely go back to grey pants this week with the black jersey's. I think we'll see the black pants again, in the next Carolina road game. They will look 1000 times better with the white jersey's and black pants, instead of that toilet paper soft all white look, that got old about 10 years ago.

If only the socks were white on top rather than royal they'd be oh so perfect, minus the toilet-seat collar of course.

The Bills uniforms are far, far from "perfect".

They are better then the crap they used to wear. But they could use a lot of "tweaking".

'a lot' of tweaking? I don't agree, but you never elaborated on what tweaking you deem necessary.

The only tweaking I see necessary are the socks for the blue pants, and to revert back to the tri-colored collars that were on last years Reebok jerseys, both the white and royal jerseys.

The gray face-mask is fine, as are the thin navy blue outlines on the numbers, nobs and stripes ... IMO. That part is more of a personal preference thing.

Archived