2012 NFL week by week Uniform Match-ups thread

canzman

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First time the jets are in all green at home since the 2010 season and the first time they are worn this season.

Finally. I absolutely hate white pants on them (regardless of their jersey top). I also strongly dislike the all-white look on the white helmet teams of the Bills, Titans, and Colts. Works well with Miami though.

I think most of the projections for Week 12, are likely correct.

I do think that this was supposed to be a week, where Philly wore their black alts. But maybe that has changed. Would love to see them in the black jersey's with green pants again. Although, I've been waiting for them to wear green jersey's with green pants for a long time too. Probably won't happen until next year, when Reid is out the door.

Also, if Carolina is to break out the black pants on the road, this week would make perfect sense in prime-time.

I think Jacksonville goes back to the white pants with the black jersey's this week.

The Jets green pants are truly terrible, especially when paired with the green jersey. They don't look good with the white jersey either.

It won't happen, but the green pants should be burned after yesterday's game. They've been worn too often in the past for this to be the case, but since the green-on-green combination hadn't been broken out for awhile prior to yesterday, I kind of hope it becomes associated with that nightmarish game in people's minds. I doubt it will though.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

I think most of the projections for Week 12, are likely correct.

I do think that this was supposed to be a week, where Philly wore their black alts. But maybe that has changed. Would love to see them in the black jersey's with green pants again. Although, I've been waiting for them to wear green jersey's with green pants for a long time too. Probably won't happen until next year, when Reid is out the door.

The Jets green pants are truly terrible, especially when paired with the green jersey. They don't look good with the white jersey either.

It won't happen, but the green pants should be burned after yesterday's game.

If my memory serves me right the Eagles only wore the dk green mono once . It was a MNF game in 1997 against SF and I thought they looked horendous in that get-up. I have a hard time understanding why anybody would like that look that they'd actually be waiting a long time to see it again, but to each his own I guess.

Last night it looked like the the Jets pants didn't match the jerseys. I hate the mono look on them too, but their white jerseys with green pants aren't half bad IMO.

I also strongly dislike the all-white look on the white helmet teams of the Bills, Titans, and Colts. Works well with Miami though.

I only remember Tennessee wearing all-white Titans gear one time only, so I don't know why that's an issue. It's not like they wear it often or even occasionally.

As a kid I always hated the Bills in all-white and loved it when the blue away pants were introduced in 1973. In 2009 when they wore the white on white throwbacks for AFL-50 I loved the look. The black cleats made all the difference. Get ready, in a fortnight the Bills will be wearing them again against the Rams.

09000d5d812a1f90_gallery_600.jpg

I wonder if the Colts will wear their white throwbacks at home this week.

p13273358dt.jpg

Nope ...

Bills equipment already tweeted the photo from the locker room at Lucas Oil Stadium. Buffalo will be in their white jerseys with blue away pants.

Nice looking Colts jersey tho' ...

A8gDWUrCEAIxbTq.jpg

I wonder if the Colts will wear their white throwbacks at home this week.

p13273358dt.jpg

Nope ...

Bills equipment already tweeted the photo from the locker room at Lucas Oil Stadium. Buffalo will be in their white jerseys with blue away pants.

Nice looking Colts jersey tho' ...

A8gDWUrCEAIxbTq.jpg

Comment begging Bills to wear proper socks with blue pants

Comment begging Bills to wear proper socks with blue pants

I couldn't agree with you more ...

All they have to do is change the top of the socks above the striping from royal to white. Dunno why they can't get that right, they simply need to just take note of the socks that NE, KC, CHI, or NYJ wear when those teams wear their colored pants.

It is official that today the Seahawks will finally wear Blue-Blue-Grey as many on this board have been hoping would happen.

https://www.facebook...awks?ref=stream

They already wore them at Carolina, earlier in the year.

Most of us have been waiting for the 'Hawks to finally wear their wolf grey jersey's. Or those white pants, which we all saw they had at their intro and have yet to wear with any combo.

The Seahawks, like most stodgy NFL teams, seem to be settling into basically one uniform at home and one on the road. Which is sad, since they have so many different options they could use.

Of course, nobody will top Tennessee as far as being stodgy and ridiculous with their lack of uni combos. They are clueless.

It is official that today the Seahawks will finally wear Blue-Blue-Grey as many on this board have been hoping would happen.

https://www.facebook...awks?ref=stream

They already wore them at Carolina, earlier in the year.

Most of us have been waiting for the 'Hawks to finally wear their wolf grey jersey's. Or those white pants, which we all saw they had at their intro and have yet to wear with any combo.

The Seahawks, like most stodgy NFL teams, seem to be settling into basically one uniform at home and one on the road. Which is sad, since they have so many different options they could use.

Of course, nobody will top Tennessee as far as being stodgy and ridiculous with their lack of uni combos. They are clueless.

I forgot about that game...thanks for the reminder. As for sticking to one uniform at home, I am glad they stick with the monochrome blue at home as I believe it is their best look.

spacer.png

The Seahawks have temporarly left the arena league and rejoined the NFL, by leaving the ugly monochrome at home. Now, with the gray pants, they look semi-professional. Only semi, because those uniforms have such terrible color placement... looks like the three main pieces were put together by groups with no contact with each other except for a memo that said "Shoehorn this pattern in somehow."

I might be the only person who prefers the Bills white-on-white look. I was honestly hoping they'd never introduce the blue pants, since the white-on-white look is superior, and it wouldn't open the door to a hideous blue-on-blue look.

The blue pants aren't bad by any means (well, when paired with the white jersey and white socks), but I still prefer the white pants for the Bills in all cases.

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

Interesting that the Chargers are wearing their new-age powder blues with their old-school script wordmark in the endzone. Conflicting themes since the powder blues are no longer throwbacks but now alternates.

Thank you!! I noticed the exact same thing. It's a great word-mark, but should only be used when wearing the GENUINE throwbacks, not those cheap imitation alternates that they try to pass off as throwbacks.

Now this below is what I call a nice looking SD throwback:

09000d5d812a4c73_gallery_600.jpg

Seahawks ... I thought they at least looked tolerable today and in the game at Carolina with the gray pants. I absolutely loathe that monochrome combo that they continue to wear at home. The prior shade of seahawk blue used from '02-'11 was so much better than the generic navy they switched to this season. The only problem was the overkill with the monochrome look and the navy sleeves. It was the most unique shade of blue that no other team uses and gave them their own identity. Very bad uniform change IMO. All it needed was a tweak job.

Archived