2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy, do the Steelers sure get their fair share of calls going their way.

That's why I call them "The Lakers of the NFL." :P

Add in that their highest-profile player has also been accused of sexual assault, and you might be able to see my line of thinking. /tangent

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

I don't understand how the bears can run like 3 stories about how "we are so much better prepared at the backup position than last season" then resign McCown. But personally, I am happy to have him back (rather have Cutler but I like McCown)

They signed him to be the second stringer in the event Cutler has to miss games. They only have two QBs on the roster now. Nothing to see here, other than the possibility that Cutler has to miss a game (although that decision is likely a few days away).

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Wait, how can you get flagged for an unsportsmanlike celebration if there wasn't a touchdown? I mean, without the successful achievement to be celebrated, semantically speaking, it cannot be a celebration. It's just, I dunno, generally being a spaz, and there's no penalty on the books for generally being a spaz.

I think I mentioned it before, but I remember a play from a college game several years ago where something like that happened. The player scored a TD and proceeded to do a ridiculous dance, earning him a flag. Unbeknownst to him, the play was called back for an inconsequential hold on the other side of the field. Third and 35. Out of field goal range.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

A reason why Rex won't play Tim Tebow over Mark Sanchez, according to Jets teammates, "HE'S TERRIBLE."

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1201722

Well, guess what, Jets? That quarterback you are defending, Mark Sanchez, he fcuking terrible too! Need proof? YOU GUYS ARE 3-6!!! Actually, you ALL suck. Everyone BUT Tebow is the reason you are 3-6. Give me a goddamn break. PLAY TEBS OR FIRE REX!

6uXNWAo.png

A reason why Rex won't play Tim Tebow over Mark Sanchez, according to Jets teammates, "HE'S TERRIBLE."

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1201722

Well, guess what, Jets? That quarterback you are defending, Mark Sanchez, he fcuking terrible too! Need proof? YOU GUYS ARE 3-6!!! Actually, you ALL suck. Everyone BUT Tebow is the reason you are 3-6. Give me a goddamn break. PLAY TEBS OR FIRE REX!

I hate Tebow with the passion of a thousand Christs. That said, you are dead on. Yeah, Tebow may be terrible but Sanchez isn't exactly golden arming it.

Wait, how can you get flagged for an unsportsmanlike celebration if there wasn't a touchdown? I mean, without the successful

achievement to be celebrated, semantically speaking, it cannot be a celebration. It's just, I dunno, generally being a spaz, and there's no penalty on the books for generally being a spaz.

I think I mentioned it before, but I remember a play from a college game several years ago where something like that happened. The player

scored a TD and proceeded to do a ridiculous dance, earning him a flag. Unbeknownst to him, the play was called back for an inconsequential hold on the other side of the field. Third and 35.

Out of field goal range.

I remember last year in the Raiders-Packers game when the Raiders stripped Rodgers and ran back the fumble, but got called for clipping on the return. However, it got changed to an incomplete pass, but the penalty still counted, which gave the Pack a first down. It just seems stupid because that clipping penalty wouldn't have happened had the call been correct in the first place.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I don't think putting Tim Tebow in the game is going to do anything in terms of making the team better.

This is already one of the most limited offenses in the NFL in terms of their ability to spread the field, so I don't see how putting in another QB who's only going to make that an even bigger weakness can work out for the better. You put Tim Tebow in the game and your going to see teams lining up eight and nine guys in the box on every play that's not an obvious passing down.

ESPN can talk about Tim Tebow all they want. I think its obvious nobody on the Jets roster or coaching staff thinks Tim Tebow can be an NFL starting QB and I wouldn't be surprised if nobody else in the NFL does either.

It's funny, because the Steelers definitely get calls more often than some teams, just like a few other "favorite" franchises. But when they played the Giants and had about three awful calls go against them in one quarter (phantom pass interference, "helmet-to-head" hit unsportsmanlike on Ryan Clark where he didn't come close to hitting the receiver in the head, maybe one other one that I forgot)

They got all the calls in Super Bowl XL and the Seahawks got screwed (Matt Hasselbeck is still upset about it), but almost didn't make it to that very Super Bowl because of this.

The only thing more predictable than blown calls are the Steeler fans claiming a conspiracy against them one week, then the Steeler hate-boner parade coming out the next. It's awesome to witness.

The Steelers have a huge fan base. I find it strange that they aren't well represented on this board. There seems to be more Jags and Bengals fans than Steelers fans. I always assumed it was because the average Steelers fans can't read. :lol: JK

A lot of Steeler fans aren't exactly great ambassadors for the city, but I always just sorta figured that was true for most fans of the NFL. It's impossible to quantify which teams have the "worst" fans, but I'm sure most people would rank the Steelers pretty high. Everyone has a bad experience with one. To me, though, it's hilarious to follow a franchise that inspires such passionate adoration and loathing every week.

That Tim Tebow stuff is great. I, for one, cannot understand how desperate a fanbase must be to actually root for that guy to play. The only compliments he ever gets from coaches or players are guarded or backhanded.

What's the over/under on days until the Jets release and the Jags sign Tebow?

And no, I am not really for this move even as a Tebow and Jag supporter.

They paid a lot to get him. I think/hope they hang on to him for that reason. I also don't think the Jags will trade for him next year. The Jags have too many holes to fill.

What's the over/under on days until the Jets release and the Jags sign Tebow?

And no, I am not really for this move even as a Tebow and Jag supporter.

That's assuming the Jags would even want Tebow which I'm not so sure they would.

They have a 23 year old QB that's shown a really good amount of progress and they spent a first round pick on him. Your going to admit failure on a first round pick that's showing signs of growth after two years in exchange for a project? I don't think a single GM would put himself in that position unless they were 100% sold that Tim Tebow is going to be a ten year franchise QB. Because if you do that and it doesn't work out, your out of a job.

My money is on Tim Tebow staying with the Jets for another year unless he changes positions. He'll get offers as a backup, but I don't see a single team out there looking at Tim Tebow as a potential answer to their QB situation either long or short term. He'll be on a team come next year. I have no doubt about that. Just not as anyone's starting QB.

I can't see any team wanting to take a risk on Tebow at this point. The Jets have the worst starting quarterback in the league, yet they still refuse to play him. With Tebow not really having played this season, I can imagine there would be a good amount of rust for him to shake should another team even want his as their starter. And to top it all off, Tebowmania is all-but dead and jersey sales will definitely not be what they were 6-12 months ago. Even if Gabbert's throwing arm fell off, Jacksonville would still probably say NO.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived