2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

What's the Tebow equivalent to "Cleve-jacked"?

"Tebowed" makes the most sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMK9FKMG3Nc

Oh, not that sleaze. Change the channel. The only thing worse is Stephen "A." Smith, and the only thing worse than that is when they pretend to have an augment between them.

That's why ESPN can't be taken seriously. Well, that and Cowherd.

Talked about this during our podcast, although it didn't make the final cut. Great, great article.

How ESPN Ditched Journalism And Followed Skip Bayless To The Bottom: A Tim Tebow Story

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a huge Deadspin, but that's one of the best articles I've read on that site.

I don't think Sal Pal likes hearing about Tim Tebow or talking about him anymore then the rest of us. Can you imagine building your career on being one of the best NFL reporters for two decades and being essentially forced to spend your entire summer covering Tim Tebow, all in the name of ratings?

At the same time though can you really blame ESPN? They're owned by the same company that employees Nancy Grace. They clearly have priorities outside of reporting the best and most accurate sports stories. And I'm not saying you can't criticize ESPN. I think anyone that has to resort to yellow journalisim for their reporting needs to be held accountable. But unfortunately they are far from being the worst offenders in the grand scheme of things. Scary as it may seem what's going on with Tim Tebow may be a sign of things to come. I really hope I'm wrong on that one.

I'm not a huge Deadspin, but that's one of the best articles I've read on that site.

Agreed, deadspin's pretty mercurial in their coverage/editorials, but that read was arguably the best they've done.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Getting back to football, I'm no pro coach or anything but how is it that Green Bay's opponents don't take advantage of Rodgers' cadence? His way to signal the snap - every time, or damn near - is to say, "Three nineteeeen, threenineteenhut!" Listen next time you see them play (or right now on NFL Rewind if you have it). Wouldn't that have to be a huge advantage for the defense?

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Mike Ditka suffers a minor stroke

Not surprised that Ditka was able to shake off a stroke so easily. Incase you didn't know by now, dude is pretty much immortal. DA BEARS.

He was playing cards, presumably smoking a cigar and having a beer, "didn't feel good" and told the paramedics it wasn't a big deal.

Mere hours before this:

tumblr_mdlcp4JruW1r7lvf8o1_1280.png

twitter

Here's the deal with tebow versus guys like Warner and Reggie White. They kept it to a minimum and treated it as it was just part of their life and wanted to give thanks and do what they felt right with prayer or whatever. Tebow may or may not be doing it for publicity and is using it as a marketing ploy. I don't question his sincerity but i do think he is over the top with it. At the same time i the media now is more interested in sensationalizing his faith over his play. Even more so than 10-15 years, when a person's faith in football wasn't that big of a deal. I never saw it as a big of a deal. Yet now where everything needs to be a sensation like gangnam style, whatever the :censored: that is. So Tebow was the media sensation. Now i personally have nothing against the guy, i don't know him personally and i respect his faith. I don't like the way he carries it and the media sensationalizes it.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

No, Reggie White was a douchebag as well. Even more so than Tebow.

Tebow has merely allied himself with really scummy people who are trying to strip Americans of their civil rights. White actively worked to do that himself. White even wore a Packer uniform in one of his anti-gay ads, which forced the team to step in.

Tebow has merely allied himself with really scummy people who are trying to strip Americans of their civil rights. White actively worked to do that himself. White even wore a Packer uniform in one of his anti-gay ads, which forced the team to step in.

Tebow has only expressed the same view as the people you are talking about in regard to pro life though, and has not said he supported them in their over the top, whack ass thoughts.

All true, but Reggie's outspokenness when it came to racism prevented him from cultivating such a creepy and cultish fanbase akin to what Tebow has.

Honestly, the things that annoy me about Tebow are about 49% his fans, 50% his fans in the media, and 1% his politics. Obviously I'm, disappointed that Tebow is okay with denying people their civil rights, but no more so than I would be of anyone who wasn't a pro QB.

Tebow has only expressed the same view as the people you are talking about in regard to pro life though, and has not said he supported them in their over the top, whack ass thoughts.

The thing is it would be very easy for him to distance himself from Focus on the Family on the issues of gay rights. All he has to say is "I support their efforts in regards to the abortion debate, I don't agree with their opposition to the legalization of same sex marriages."

It seems like most Americans these days take the "I agree with some of what both the Republicans and Democrats say, but I don't really idenitfy with either party fully" stance. So I think Tebow would find most people quite understanding if he said he agrees with certain aspects of the Focus on the Family platform, but not others.

The thing is it would be very easy for him to distance himself from Focus on the Family on the issues of gay rights. All he has to say is "I support their efforts in regards to the abortion debate, I don't agree with their opposition to the legalization of same sex marriages."

It seems like most Americans these days take the "I agree with some of what both the Republicans and Democrats say, but I don't really idenitfy with either party fully" stance. So I think Tebow would find most people quite understanding if he said he agrees with certain aspects of the Focus on the Family platform, but not others.

Couldn't agree more.

Exactly. If he doesn't share their shameful positions on gay people, he has only to say so. I would take him at his word.

Until he does, he deserves his fleas for the dogs he's laid down with.

He only went in with them for the abortion thing. I'll wait until I hear otherwise before I lump Tebow in with those clowns. But yes, again, it would be great and pretty easy if he said he didn't share their views on homosexuals.

Couldn't agree more.

Exactly. If he doesn't share their shameful positions on gay people, he has only to say so. I would take him at his word.

Until he does, he deserves his fleas for the dogs he's laid down with.

He only went in with them for the abortion thing. I'll wait until I hear otherwise before I lump Tebow in with those clowns. But yes, again, it would be great and pretty easy if he said he didn't share their views on homosexuals.

That's the reasonable thing to do. Innocent until proven guilty and all that...

What does that have to do with anything? Next we'll be talking about his right to free speech.

He never said "I'm only in it for the abortions." Had he, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Instead, he chose to climb in bed with a dangerous and very scummy group of people, well known at the time for a wide-ranging agenda. If there was any thought that he didn't share that agenda, it was incumbent upon him to say so. And still is.

Getting back to football, I'm no pro coach or anything but how is it that Green Bay's opponents don't take advantage of Rodgers' cadence? His way to signal the snap - every time, or damn near - is to say, "Three nineteeeen, threenineteenhut!" Listen next time you see them play (or right now on NFL Rewind if you have it). Wouldn't that have to be a huge advantage for the defense?

'I've been saying this for two years--ever since they started mic-ing the centers.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived