2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

Breaking news from Atlanta...Falcons scrap plans to call their new stadium Futility Field at One-and-Done Park.

Yes, I'd hoped to use that following another Falcon failure but hey, you play the cards you're dealt, right? :D

Indiana, let it go.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So much for waving the Wolf Gray flag there...

It sucks to know that Carroll tried the seemingly idiotic practice of icing the kicker. Come on, dude... He shanked the first kick. If he didn't call timeout, then it would be another storied chapter in the book called 'How Atlanta Can't Win a Playoff Game in the Mike Smith Era'

But... The silver lining is that Seattle fought back down 20 to put themselves in this situation. Hell, making the playoffs was a big shock. It's been a good season and it sucks to see it end like this, but yet I can't help but feel happy to know that they made the playoffs, won 11 games and made it to the divisional round. Next year, maybe they can win the division.

If Houston wins this game, that means there is no more outdoor football for the 2012 season.

That's a depressing thought. I remember how much I hated the 2009 playoffs, when there were only three games played in outdoor venues (NY Jets vs. Cincinnati, Baltimore vs. New England, and NY Jets vs. San Diego). This time of year, football is meant to be played in the bitter cold elements.

Of course, as someone who has no love lost for the city of Boston and their teams, I'm not exactly rooting for New England here.

That's annoying.

spacer.png

What a game in Atlanta earlier but if I'm the Seahawks before that last play, I'm setting up for a field goal then icing my own kicker. I can then see if he's got the leg for it then, and if he doesn't, then I try the hail mary. Just a thought.

That being said, what a bad job by the Texans after that return.

If Houston wins this game, that means there is no more outdoor football for the 2012 season.

That's a depressing thought. I remember how much I hated the 2009 playoffs, when there were only three games played in outdoor venues (NY Jets vs. Cincinnati, Baltimore vs. New England, and NY Jets vs. San Diego). This time of year, football is meant to be played in the bitter cold elements.

Of course, as someone who has no love lost for the city of Boston and their teams, I'm not exactly rooting for New England here.

That's annoying.

Playing "in the elements" is nice and all, but there's something to playing the most important games of the year in venues where weather isn't a factor.

What a game in Atlanta earlier but if I'm the Seahawks before that last play, I'm setting up for a field goal then icing my own kicker. I can then see if he's got the leg for it then, and if he doesn't, then I try the hail mary. Just a thought.

That being said, what a bad job by the Texans after that return.

I highly doubt a guy they just signed off the streets this week is going to kick a 65-yard FG.......

That's annoying.

Playing "in the elements" is nice and all, but there's something to playing the most important games of the year in venues where weather isn't a factor.

But playing in "the elements" have produced some of the best playoff games in NFL history. Top 10 weather games

That's annoying.

And I don't like that, and this is also why I'm glad the Super Bowl is in the Meadowlands next year. I would love next week's NFC Championship more if the Falcons weren't playing in their dingy dome. Outdoor football > indoor football.

spacer.png

Ravens

Patriots

Raiders

Patriots

Patriots

Steelers

Colts (beat Ravens)

Patriots

Steelers (beat Ravens)

Colts (beat Ravens)

Steelers (beat Ravens)

Patriots (beat Ravens)

Ravens, Patriots, or a team that beat the Ravens

Let's just not have 75% of the AFC at this point.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Ravens

Patriots

Raiders

Patriots

Patriots

Steelers

Colts (beat Ravens)

Patriots

Steelers (beat Ravens)

Colts (beat Ravens)

Steelers (beat Ravens)

Patriots (beat Ravens)

Ravens, Patriots, or a team that beat the Ravens

Let's just not have 75% of the AFC at this point.

I was confused when I saw Raiders then I remembered.

Archived