2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

It looks like we will get 3 of 4 teams returning to the final 4 this year.

First time since the back-to-back Buffalo/Dallas Super Bowls of 1992-1993.

1992 = Buffalo @ Miami, Dallas @ San Francisco

1993 = Kansas City @ Buffalo, San Francisco @ Dallas

Before that was 1986-1987 when the Broncos lost back-to-back vs the NFC East.

1986 = Washington @ NY Giants, Denver @ Cleveland

1987 = Minnesota @ Washington, Cleveland @ Denver

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over the last 12 seasons (since Super Bowl XXXVI), 11 teams will have represented the NFC in the Super Bowl.

In that same time, only four teams have repped the AFC (NE, PIT, IND, OAK). Should Baltimore win next Sunday, that would make five.

NFC Champions since 2001:

Rams

Buccaneers

Panthers

Eagles

Seahawks

Bears

Giants

Cardinals

Saints

Packers

Giants

49ers or Falcons

Why stop at Super Bowl 36? Just go back one more and include the Ravens-Giants.

Okayyy.....

6uXNWAo.png

Yeah, it actually hurts the stat, since that would mean three times in the past thirteen seasons, the Giants would have represented the NFC.

Going back to XXXIV would hurt even more, since now the Rams are on there twice.

Starting at XXXVI was a pretty good (if cherry-picked) starting point for that list.

True, but if the Ravens win next week it'll be 5 teams representing the AFC in that span anyways.

Including that Super Bowl might hurt the point he was trying to make, but not by much.

Whoever wins the Falcons-Niners game will make the NFC South or NFC West the only division since the 2002 realignment to have every member appear in the Super Bowl in said span.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Whoever wins the Falcons-Niners game will make the NFC South or NFC West the only division since the 2002 realignment to have every member appear in the Super Bowl in said span.

The Rams' last SB appearance was the 2001 season

There's a time and place for weather playing a part in a football game, but not the Super Bowl. I feel this is a reasonable compromise. Dome games suck, for the most part.

But as that commercial says, all the important games are played in the cold!

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

There's a time and place for weather playing a part in a football game, but not the Super Bowl. I feel this is a reasonable compromise. Dome games suck, for the most part.

But as that commercial says, all the important games are played in the cold!

Commercials always lie.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I don't seem to recall anyone raving about how awesome the conditions were in Super Bowl 41 between the Bears and Colts was -- you know, the game played entirely in the rain.

As far as the Super Bowl goes, I say let the two best teams go at it on a fair playing field. Pristine conditions. No elements.

6uXNWAo.png

As far as the Super Bowl goes, I say let the two best teams go at it on a fair playing field. Pristine conditions. No elements.

Hence why I think giving Super Bowl 48 to the New York City area was a stupid idea. At least the Colts' home had a retractable roof, just in case, for SB 46.

The Rams' last SB appearance was the 2001 season

Thanks. Don't know how I missed that. I stand corrected, only the NFC South will have sent every member if the Falcons win.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

As much as I HATE seeing the Pats win, the thought of a rematch in the AFC Championship game in what is possibly Ray Lewis' last game vs the one team that has given him fits his whole career is pretty damn intriguing.

So was the plotline of the Ravens vs. Peyton Manning, and look how that turned out. Then again, the Pats always get the bounces and clutch plays when playing the AFC teams at home in the playoffs. So expect an epic duel at Foxboro.

Come on now, you know Cujo uses ripping people on the boards as a way to boost his ego. Let him have his moment.

What's this, the third time in the last several months you've tried to bait me into some drama? Time to move on, hoss.

6uXNWAo.png

If any team should've gone to the Super Bowl last year, based on the CCG's, it should've been the Ravens. They were one Lee Evans dropped pass from winning, and one Billy Cundiff chip shot from at least forcing OT. The Niners weren't quite in such close position.

Kyle Williams' two fumbles say otherwise...

Over the last 12 seasons (since Super Bowl XXXVI), 11 teams will have represented the NFC in the Super Bowl.

In that same time, only four teams have repped the AFC (NE, PIT, IND, OAK). Should Baltimore win next Sunday, that would make five.

NFC Champions since 2001:

Rams

Buccaneers

Panthers

Eagles

Seahawks

Bears

Giants

Cardinals

Saints

Packers

Giants

49ers or Falcons

Here's what I noticed: what is it with CBS and hosting the dynasty eras of the NFL? They got the majority of the dominant NFC era of the 1980s and early 90s, then is reaping the current AFC domination by the Steelers, Pats, Ravens and Colts right now.

Archived