2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, before we continue to crucify Bill Belichick, John Harbaugh actually had kind things to say about Belichick after the AFC Championship game. Among the excerpts:

“Before the game, we talked, and he said maybe we should just skip the postgame handshake because it’s such a circus,” Harbaugh told Peter King of Sports Illustrated. “I said I didn’t know, I thought we should do it. It’s just the right thing to do. And we did.

“He was so classy, so gracious. Complimentary about how we played, about our game plan, about how tough it is to play us. I told him how much we pattern our organization around theirs, how much we study them.”

The article also makes a great pont - was there this much backlash when Peyton Manning skipped out on his interview last week, too?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

So, before we continue to crucify Bill Belichick, John Harbaugh actually had kind things to say about Belichick after the AFC Championship game. Among the excerpts:

“Before the game, we talked, and he said maybe we should just skip the postgame handshake because it’s such a circus,” Harbaugh told Peter King of Sports Illustrated. “I said I didn’t know, I thought we should do it. It’s just the right thing to do. And we did.

“He was so classy, so gracious. Complimentary about how we played, about our game plan, about how tough it is to play us. I told him how much we pattern our organization around theirs, how much we study them.”

The article also makes a great pont - was there this much backlash when Peyton Manning skipped out on his interview last week, too?

Peyton Manning is not a coach.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

No, but there probably should have been. I get that he's the coach of your team Brass, but you've got to be able to see how his actions through the years could be seen as arrogant and petty at times.

No, but there probably should have been. I get that he's the coach of your team Brass, but you've got to be able to see how his actions through the years could be seen as arrogant and petty at times.

I get how his actions in the past have been perceived as arrogant, but when the coach of an opposing team calls him "classy" at the way he handled the loss, that does speak volumes for the situation. There are a lot of things behind the scenes that we don't see but we assume we know the whole story. This is one of them.

I honestly don't see the point of having to do media interviews, and with the way the media screws things up, every personnel on a sports franchise should have the opportunity to reject interviews or press conferences.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Not as much, but Peyton was definitely criticized quite a bit. Belichick gets criticized more because he has a LONG history of poor sportsmanship, even dating back to his Cleveland days (IIRC, he had quite a few "refusing to shake hands after a loss" incidents with the Browns).

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I honestly don't see the point of having to do media interviews, and with the way the media screws things up, every personnel on a sports franchise should have the opportunity to reject interviews or press conferences.

I'm pretty sure no coach in the league wants to do interviews after a loss, but you know what? They suck it up and do it anyway because it's expected of them and it's the right thing to do. Belichick is not above the rules (he found that out the hard way) and he's no more special than any other coach, besides winning a few more games than some of them.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Was it an on-field interview Belichick brushed off? Those are stupid. Either way, it doesn't matter if it's dumb. Football is dumb. You still have to do your job.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The Pro Bowl is a joke. I know he got screwed by awful QB play and he is still one of the best in the league, but how the hell is Larry Fitzgerald with 798 yards and 4 TDs on the team? I really don't care about it, but it just cements the fact that the game is a joke.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I just look at the Pro Bowl as a fun exhibition one last go around to see some football before the super bowl. It's like a live action fantasy football game. I don't get the hate that it gets. I get the ambivalence since it is a 'who cares' game but not sure on the hate that it gets.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

A little different but was it all that awful when Cal and A-Rod swiched positions?

I thought it was a nice gesture. However, I agree with McCarthy, why was Saturday a pro-bowler anyway? It had to have been because he was retiring right?

Archived