2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you call back a penalty that's an obvious block in the back? These refs just keep screwing up, but since both sides are screwed, it evens out I guess.

If this was a high school game I would say these officals did a below average job.

But to have this quality of officiating for an NFL game is a disgrace. And I don't like criticizing officals because I think they have a much tougher job and a much higher skill set then people give them credit for. But for this game its warranted. People are going to focus in on the block in the back call because it led to a TD, but I've seen a non call on a false start, a bad roughing the passer call, and a guy getingt a 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalty for adjusting his helmet after a play. I would regard all of those as worse calls.

Wait, wait... WHAT?!?

Please tell me that's not true... Tell me it's not true. Oh good god... These refs blow chunks!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it is indeed true.

The reason the call was made is that Smith flipping his helmet off and onto the ground instead of fixing it on the spot. Granted, it still shouldn't have been called.

Technically it was the right call if your looking at it just from what the rule says. But from the perspective of what the rule is intended for, which is to prevent showboating, it couldn't have been more wrong. I saw no attempt made by Smith to celebrate the play.

I hate the 49ers...but...a Packers loss probably benefits the Saints more in the long run so whatever.

It's funny - well, not really 'cause the joke is on me - but I keep thinking the Niners really just aren't that good, and they just keep doing s**t like this. :cursing:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Russell Wilson just lost to the worst team in the NFC. The media can now stop knobbing him to death. Thank you.

Excuse me? Wilson didn't lose the game for Seattle, thank you very much. It doesn't help when you have three chances inside their five and the Seahawks cannot convert.

The last play? Edwards should of caught that ball, not let it slip through his fingers.

Still, even though Seattle lost, it was a valient effort. It will take time... It's the first week of the season, people. No need for such half-assed comments like the one Cujo posted.

Packers got outplayed, simple as that. Thursday comes quick. Also NFL needs to swallow their pride and pay the actual refs. Something as simple as making sure the people who make the game run smoothly, not getting what they want is a joke.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

SF 30

GB 22

Sorry NEW ERA, infrared, etc!

It's way too early to be overly concerned, but I really hope what we saw from the Packers D today was just a bad day. Which leads me to my next point...

Russell Wilson just lost to the worst team in the NFC. The media can now stop knobbing him to death. Thank you.

We don't know who's the best/worst anything after one week.

Also... "Knobbing him to death?" (That's rich coming from a Jets fan.) "Rather burn in hell for eternity than live in Cleveland?" And so on... Everything is such an extreme with you, Curt. We already have a Lights Out. Stop stealing his act. :D

BB52Big.jpg

Packers got outplayed, simple as that. Thursday comes quick. Also NFL needs to swallow their pride and pay the actual refs. Something as simple as making sure the people who make the game run smoothly, not getting what they want is a joke.

The more these replacement refs are seen, the stronger the NFL referees leverage gets.

The NFL has basically none left. They really need to man up and admit defeat on this one. These replacement referees are a stain on the game.

spacer.png

Archived