2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

I love how you bash CBS for picking games when you have no idea either.

Firstly, I'm not a nationwide sports journalist.

Secondly, who honestly predicts 16-0 for any team?

If you didn't correctly predict all 32 NFL team's records, I'm totally calling out your whiny ass.

Don't know why you're labeling this one guy as "CBS Sports", anyway. Should the Patriots and Packers make the Super Bowl, are you going to give credit to this guy? Just curious.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were actually two two-minute warnings at the end of the Eagles Ravens game. After practically every penalty they had to huddle, and incorrectly stopped/started the clock several times, marked off the wrong penalty yardage and had to adjust, and sme guy in a black jacket actually ran on field into their huddle a few times to set them straight regarding these things. This was the longest non OT game I've ever been at. There were a ton of horrible calls (and they announced the wrong num of timeouts several times) as well. It's not like these guys haven't worked at the college level so I don't get it. I'm shocked that the biggest pro sports league in the US would put those guys out there

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If anyone's watching the Dallas-Seattle game, the refs just missed Golden Tate launching into Sean Lee's neck and nearly knocking him out. Instead they called a penalty on the Cowboys for tapping Wilson out of bounds. It's funny how the NFL loves to talk about a "safer" game then has refs turn an eye to that. It's still the same game and they still love the "big" hits. I almost can't watch the NFL with these morons reffing the games.

Edit: Here's what I'm talking about. No penalty

golden-delivered-9-16-12.gif

If anyone's watching the Dallas-Seattle game, the refs just missed Golden Tate launching into Sean Lee's neck and nearly knocking him out. Instead they called a penalty on the Cowboys for tapping Wilson out of bounds. It's funny how the NFL loves to talk about a "safer" game then has refs turn an eye to that. It's still the same game and they still love the "big" hits. I almost can't watch the NFL with these morons reffing the games.

There was a penalty flag on the play, but it was unnecessary roughness against Dallas. :lol:

6uXNWAo.png

Turns out that was the only highlight Dallas had all game. :)

BTW: Boo hoo. Get the hell over it... sore loser.

Really not seeing where the penalty is on that block. He hit him in the chest, as he intentionally lowered himself so as not to contact his head.

Hey guys, the Rams really should've traded Bradford and drafted RG thr...SHUT UP NO, BRADFORD'S BETTER AND THE RAMS FRICKIN' BEAT HIM AND HIS TEAM!!!

RamsWin.jpg

Hell, let's bring back Chizuru-sama too.

ChizuruMokyu2.jpg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I thought it was a clean hit. Its not like he nailed him from behind or even the side. He hit him right under the chin strap and he can't be considered a defenseless player. Not Tate's fault Lee wasn't looking at him.

If anyone's watching the Dallas-Seattle game, the refs just missed Golden Tate launching into Sean Lee's neck and nearly knocking him out. Instead they called a penalty on the Cowboys for tapping Wilson out of bounds. It's funny how the NFL loves to talk about a "safer" game then has refs turn an eye to that. It's still the same game and they

still love the "big" hits. I almost can't watch the NFL with these morons reffing the games.

I thought it was a clean hit. Its not like he nailed him from behind or even the side. He hit him right under the chin strap and he can't be considered a defenseless player.

Not Tate's fault Lee wasn't looking at him.

That was a weak call on the unnessecary roughness on the Cowboys right after that.

Also what an idiot Josh Morgan was, gifting the game to the Rams. Getting Finnegan benefitted the Rams today in that situation.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I thought it was a clean hit. Its not like he nailed him from behind or even the side. He hit him right under the chin strap and he can't be considered a defenseless player. Not Tate's fault Lee wasn't looking at him.

He also launched himself off the ground and used his helmet as a weapon, though.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

If you didn't correctly predict all 32 NFL team's records, I'm totally calling out your whiny ass.

How am I whining? I just thought it was dumb that someone would actually predict an undefeated season for any team considering how rare an accomplishment that is. The only person here whining is you, like you've done for no real reason after so many of my posts.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

How am I whining? I just thought it was dumb that someone would actually predict an undefeated season for any team considering how rare an accomplishment that is. The only person here whining is you, like you've done for no real reason after so many of my posts.

It's a general statement. A vast majority of your posts are either gross exaggerations or whining/complaining-related.

He also launched himself off the ground and used his helmet as a weapon, though.

That's exactly what I'm saying. Tate basically sets and launches himself helmet-first right into the top of Lee's chest. That's the kind of hit that can seriously injure someone. (A la Hines Ward on Keith Rivers a few years back.) I'm not being a sore loser or anything, the Cowboys got killed today. But I just think it's silly how the NFL is trying to make the game "safer" but then they have officials not call blatant penalties like that.

Archived