2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

I had thought that if the winning touchdown came on the last play of the game and the XP wouldn't make a difference (since you can't return them for points), then they didn't bother with the XP. Was that bad officiating, a new rule change I wasn't aware of, or was I imagining that from the beginning?

Yeah my roommate tied his fantasy game because of that since Green Bay's D went from 13 to 14PA.

Oh...so the fantasy mob will also show up at Goodell's door tomorrow with torches and pitchforks. Good! Good!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Packers fans are probably too midwestern-y to do it, but after the first bad call next week against them, I hope Packers fans go Ravens fans on the refs.

I know, I know, not the same crew in GB next week, but the whole premise of the replacement refs necessitated by NFL greed needs to be highlighted as often as possible. And Packers fans have more to gripe about than any other fanbase.

spacer.png

I'll play devils advocate here. If the Packers would've tried to knock it down (as they are taught to do in that situation) this might have been avoidable.

Nah, Golden Tate would have knocked the other guys down too if they tried that.

Hope Finnegan shows him what's what Sunday.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Pretty funny how, in all this outrage, people have forgotten that the regular refs are responsible for the Tuck Rule Game, Super Bowl XL, and the Hochuli Game.

Trust me, I haven't forgotten. In my opinion, "regular" NFL officials are the worst officials in professional sports. But I'll still take them over this nonsense. I'd rather have the idiots who get it right 65-70% of the time over the idiots who are getting it right 45% of the time.

BB52Big.jpg

What makes things worse is as the players reach midseason form which is already starting the calls will only get worse, because these refs can't keep up with the games speed now.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

You can't be a fan of any NFL team (SEA/CHI/DET included) and be okay with what just happened.

One that's gone relatively unnoticed (because it didn't end up effecting the game) is that in the Bengals-Redskins game the official got on the mic and told the clock operator to run off ten seconds for injury timeout from 1:07 to 57 seconds left in the game. The clock operator didn't and the officials didn't notice. Still, the skins got two extra plays including a hail mary.

The regular refs aren't perfect, but they get the basic stuff like that or they would've gotten the call that ended the Monday Night game correct.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Packers fans are probably too midwestern-y to do it, but after the first bad call next week against them, I hope Packers fans go Ravens fans on the refs.

"Too midwestern-y" to chant bull- :censored:? That's horse-:censored: Clearly, you've never been to a Browns, Bengals, or Steelers game. And you have no :censored:-ing clue when it comes to how we talk here in the :censored:-ing Midwest.

BB52Big.jpg

"Too midwestern-y" to chant bull- :censored:? That's horse-:censored: Clearly, you've never been to a Browns, Bengals, or Steelers game. And you have no :censored:-ing clue when it comes to how we talk here in the :censored:-ing Midwest.

Well, that clearly didn't come off the way I intended.

Oh well.

spacer.png

Pretty funny how, in all this outrage, people have forgotten that the regular refs are responsible for the Tuck Rule Game, Super Bowl XL, and the Hochuli Game.

Trust me, I haven't forgotten. In my opinion, "regular" NFL officials are the worst officials in professional sports. But I'll still take them over this nonsense. I'd rather have the idiots who get it right 65-70% of the time over the idiots who are getting it right 45% of the time.

I'll take equal-opportunity dumbasses over crooked dumbasses who always seem to favor certain teams.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I wanna hear this reaction on Basically a Sports Show.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I'll take equal-opportunity dumbasses over crooked dumbasses who always seem to favor certain teams.

Fair point. These replacements are equal opportunity hacks. They don't seem to have a preference for who they :censored: over.

BB52Big.jpg

I wanna hear this reaction on Basically a Sports Show.

My guess is you'll hear something similar. Gotta tune in to find out. B)

Are you going to get a streak started with the new show? Our #1 contributor spot is open.

BB52Big.jpg

Per deadspin, the source of 86.9% of my posts, here is the Lingerie Football League's announcement regarding replacement official Craig Ochoa:

Because of the LFL's perception it is that much more critical for us to hire officiating crews that are competent, not only for the credibility of our game but to keep our athletes safer. Due to several on-field incompetent officiating we chose to part ways with with a couple crews which apparently are now officiating in the NFL. We have a lot of respect for our officials but we felt the officiating was not in line with our expectations.

We have not made public comment to date because we felt it was not our place to do so. However in light of tonight's event, we felt it was only fair that NFL fans knew the truth as to who are officiating these games

http://deadspin.com/5946112/

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Wow. So many arrogant Seattle fans defending the refs as this was a "simultaneous catch." So much blowup on the ESPN I40 boards.

Wait a minute... you're judging NFL fanbases based on ESPN. comment. boards.

And they cannot b!txh anymore about SB XL after this screw job.

They absolutely can. The freaking Super Bowl trumps an early regular season game a million times over.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

At this point, they deserve their NBA team relocating for being such jack@$es.

Yeah, that makes sense. A sizable contingent of any fanbase would do the same thing; don't kid yourself.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived