2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So...umm... what part of that catch wasn't simultaneous?

From the NFL rulebook Article 3, Item 5:

Simultaneous Catch. If a pass is caught simultaneously by two eligible opponents, and both players retain it, the ball belongs to the passers. It is not a simultaneous catch if a player gains control first and an opponent subsequently gains joint control. If the ball is muffed after simultaneous touching by two such players, all the players of the passing team become eligible to catch the loose ball.

Another deadspin sourced post. Christ, I'm unoriginal and useless.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

So...umm... what part of that catch wasn't simultaneous?

The part where M.D. Jennings came down to the ground with both hands on the ball against his body, while Tate did not have that level of control of the ball. Both guys need to have both hands on it or equal control at the moment of reception for it to be a simultaneous catch.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You really don't want to think this is true, but do you think its a possibility that refs surrendered to the home crowd in the whole situation, giving Seattle the call there?

I would hope not, but if you look at how malicious the Baltimore crowd was the other night, it may not be outside the realm of possibility.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

You really don't want to think this is true, but do you think its a possibility that refs surrendered to the home crowd in the whole situation, giving Seattle the call there?

I would hope not, but if you look at how malicious the Baltimore crowd was the other night, it may not be outside the realm of possibility.

Yeah, but that's Baltimore, home of the Wire. Seattle's a bunch of latte-sipping yuppies who wouldn't know animal rage if you shot them full of bath salts.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Via Sodboy's twitter, Clay Matthews shared Goodell's cell phone number on facebook.

A3nSHSaCQAAwj_g.jpg

twitter

Ok, just saw this pic

I'm converted now. I was on board with the TD until I saw that.

Tomorrow I fully expect a press conference from Goodell.

But all we'll get is a statement saying that they :censored:ed up. They're supposed to protect the shield, yet they're the ones destroying it, over some lousy benefits. Is the NFL hurting that much, they can't afford to give these referees a damn pension.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Listen to the ref make the call... he has a weak ass quiver in his voice. When he first started talking, I got excited because I though "oh, he's scared to make this call." Now I know it was probably because he felt guilty about what he was doing.

Again, I guarantee when the regular refs come back that they'll blow some call that leads to a Patriot, Steeler, or Packer win and everyone else will be bitching again. The smart thing for Goodell to do is clean house and hire actually good refs. No Lingerie League rejects, no tired old biased crooks with agendas like Hochuli and Leavy.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Ah, that sucks about the # being a fake. That would've been an incredible a-bomb by Matthews.

More fun tweets:

Guard Josh Sitton's twitter:

That was bull :censored: . This is getting ridiculous! The NFL needs to get the refs back bfr we strike and they make no money!

The nfl needs to come to gb and apologize to us for :censored: ing us! These refs r bums!

Golden tate is full of :censored: too. Saying he clearly caught that is embarrassing! :censored: ing jokers!

Johnny Jolly's twitter:

Who's next to get :censored: d by the foot locker refs.

More here:

http://deadspin.com/5946113/fine-me-and-use-the-money-to-pay-the-regular-refs-your-collection-of-angry-packers-player-tweets-[updating]?tag=feckless-in-seattle

twitter

Archived