2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

There is not an artificial intelligence that exists to this day that is 1) unhackable and 2) able adequately process and interpret the sheer amount of information seen on a given football play.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Green Bay's offense may look like 11 Terminators Sunday based on what I've seen from the Saints defense. I truly fear GB may do something obscene like roll up 600-700 yards of total offense and hang 50 or 60 on Spags and Co.

Either that or the Saints will win. And if somehow they do, that will leave NO and GB sitting at 1-3. Who would have imagined that?

Hey, a guy can dream. :D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Great, now Packers fans are going to think they were the ones who did it.

I don't know anyone suggesting that.

Personally, I think the deciding factor was Steve Young. Mike Turico, Chucky and all the other very high-profile talking heads going on and on, on national television, about what a disgrace the end of the game was. These are people with very loud voices, and I think some owners might have been convinced to re-consider their line in the sand.

Great, now Packers fans are going to think they were the ones who did it.

I don't know anyone suggesting that.

Personally, I think the deciding factor was Steve Young. Mike Turico, Chucky and all the other very high-profile talking heads going on and on, on national television, about what a disgrace the end of the game was. These are people with very loud voices, and I think some owners might have been convinced to re-consider their line in the sand.

I think there were alot of factors involved. I wouldn't completely discredit fan dissatisfaction. I don't think there was ever going to be any kind of mass exudes, but yeah I think there were at least a few fans out there that weren't going to take it anymore and I think it had some effect. I think politics may have played a factor in it as well. When you have both Obama and Romney saying this needs to stop as well as other high ranking politicians, that's not going to go ignored. The NFLPA is another group that can't be ignored by the owners. And while they didn't take any action, they certainly were starting to stomp their feet and complain.

I do tend to agree though that the biggest factor was the media making it the story of the NFL to start the season, as it should have been. But I think even more then that, alot of outlets were making the NFL out to be a joke with the replacement refs. When you starting getting laughed at, that's people stop taking you seriously. I think that's when the owners started to say if we don't fix this now, we're going to have a real problem on our hands in terms of how our sport is perceived. That Monday Night game I think was the last straw. There was no way they could keep going with the replacement refs and not keep hearing the criticism and the jokes which were only going to get louder.

Browns-Ravens has got to be one of the most unwatchable NFL rivalries ever. Twentysome games between the two teams, and not one memorable game that I can recall. Plus, I'm sure Baltimore has won all but two or three in the series.

6uXNWAo.png

Browns-Ravens has got to be one of the most unwatchable NFL rivalries ever. Twentysome games between the two teams, and not one memorable game that I can recall. Plus, I'm sure Baltimore has won all but two or three in the series.

Ravens are now 20-7 all-time against the Browns, but haven't lost a game to them since the Bush administration.

The Browns look like early contenders for worst team in the NFL this year. Rookie QB, no running attack and a bad defense. Just feel bad for Trent Richardson because he is going to get abused there with nothing to show for it in all likelihood. Him and Greg Little are really the only offensive weapons the Browns have at this point. Gong to be another long fall and winter up in Cleveland.

They was that one weird game in 2007 when the Browns made that weird field goal which went off of multiple posts and had to be talked about by the refs. Other then that, just mostly yawners.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

No sooner do the regular officials come back, than they have a scare with the helmet-to-helmet hit on Josh Cribbs. Fortunately he got up under his own power.

It didn't look like helmet-to-helmet. Perhaps it was the angle but to me it looked like his shoulder hit Cribbs' helmet.

I didn't see the hit, but I have to wonder how it being shoulder-to-helmet instead of helmet-to-helmet makes it better. I don't think you were trying to infer that it was, but still. If it was a hit to the head (with a shoulder or whatever) I hope that drew a personal foul penalty and a fine.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Ravens are now 20-7 all-time against the Browns, but haven't lost a game to them since the Bush administration.

The Browns look like early contenders for worst team in the NFL this year. Rookie QB, no running attack and a bad defense. Just feel bad for Trent Richardson because he is going to get abused there with nothing to show for it in all likelihood. Him and Greg Little are really the only offensive weapons the Browns have at this point. Gong to be another long fall and winter up in Cleveland.

This is why I was saying that drafting Weedon and Richardson was a mistake. They needed to draft O-Lineman before they can even THINK about drafting runningbacks and Quarterbacks. Otherwise, it'll be the same team, with new names.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

_

_

_No sooner do the regular officials come back, than they have a scare with the helmet-to-helmet hit on Josh Cribbs. Fortunately he got up under his own power.

_

_It didn't look like helmet-to-helmet. Perhaps it was the angle but to me it looked like his shoulder hit Cribbs' helmet.

_

_I didn't see the hit, but I have to wonder how it being shoulder-to-helmet instead of helmet-to-helmet makes it better. I don't think you were trying to infer that it was, but still. If it was a hit to the head (with a shoulder or whatever) I hope that drew a personal foul penalty and a fine.

_

_No flag, no fine. It was a clean hit, by the time he launched his shoulder Cribbs was still falling. It was an inadvertent hit to the head, it happens. No need to throw flags and dish out fines, let them play.

Archived