2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't forget Doug Baldwin who managed 800 yards last year. (I'm pretty sure Tate is entering his 3rd year)

I just remember that in Seattle, Tate likes to B&E to steal bear claws and other donuts.

Top Pot had an opportunity to rename its Maple Bars "Golden Bars." I'm disappointed they didn't. They're pretty amazing donuts, but I'm kind of grossed out seeing them stacked up like this:

top-pot-doughnuts-maple-bar-poster-thumbnail.png

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I heard that T.O had a tryout in Seattle yesterday and ran a 4.45 in the 40.

Now for a 38 year old man who is trying to get back into the game, that's good and all. I just don't want him to become 'Team Cancer T.O' once again and throw either Flynn, Jackson and/or Wilson under the bus (although at this point, I think many Seattle fans wouldn't mind seeing Jackson getting thrown under a Sherman Tank for all they cared)

I heard that T.O had a tryout in Seattle yesterday and ran a 4.45 in the 40.

Now for a 38 year old man who is trying to get back into the game, that's good and all. I just don't want him to become 'Team Cancer T.O' once again and throw either Flynn, Jackson and/or Wilson under the bus (although at this point, I think many Seattle fans wouldn't mind seeing Jackson getting thrown under a Sherman Tank for all they cared)

Forget a tryout, he's signed.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I dunno how he did it, but Terrell Owens is now a Seattle Seahwak.

Not sure either but Seattle must have seen something in him.

Amazing how Owens was able to go from the Cincinnati Circus, to teamless, to Arena League reject, back to (quite possibly) a starting NFL wide receiver. I kinda gotta give the guy props for staying in shape and not giving up.

6uXNWAo.png

Jags were finally able to get Blackmon into camp. Now if we can just get MJD back on this coast...

I could see that holdout getting pretty ugly. Probably already has.

He has a legit point I would say in claiming he should be the highest paid back in the NFL and why the Jaguars are so anti renegotiating Jones-Drew's I'm not really sure. I get the concept of not wanting to set a precedent, but do you really want to cut your nose off to spite your face because without MJD the Jags might as well just throw in the towel before the season even starts. There's just no way they can replace or make up for what he brings to the team.

Jags were finally able to get Blackmon into camp. Now if we can just get MJD back on this coast...

I could see that holdout getting pretty ugly. Probably already has.

He has a legit point I would say in claiming he should be the highest paid back in the NFL and why the Jaguars are so anti renegotiating Jones-Drew's I'm not really sure. I get the concept of not wanting to set a precedent, but do you really want to cut your nose off to spite your face because without MJD the Jags might as well just throw in the towel before the season even starts. There's just no way they can replace or make up for what he brings to the team.

Here's what I know about MJD: the Saints chose Reggie Bush #2 overall and everybody would have thought them insane had they taken MJD instead...except in retrospect of course. MJD has had a much more productive career.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Ted Thompson is opening the wallet again. Looks like Cedric Benson is coming to Green Bay.

I don't think Benson will be a gamebreaker for the Packers, but he doesn't need to be. I like Ryan Grant, but he was injured more than Paul Molitor towards the end of his career. Either way, this article sums up my thoughts.

After a poor performance by presumptive starter James Starks in the preseason opener at San Diego -- in which he had a drop, a fumble and five unremarkable carries -- the Packers clearly feel they need to upgrade at running back. Or perhaps just create some competition. If the signing of Benson is meant to be a kick-in-the-pants wakeup call for Starks, it makes a little more sense. Perhaps, too, promising second-year man Alex Green, who tore his ACL last October, hasn't progressed in his recovery as well as the Packers hoped. There's no denying Benson adds a veteran presence to a very young position ? after Starks, there are only 21 NFL carries among the rest of the running backs.

An aging, well-tread runner with a fumbling problem and a history of legal trouble wouldn't seem to be the sort of player general manager Ted Thompson would target. Especially when a fresher, more reliable and admired player with whom the Packers are intimately familiar remains available. But Packers fans have learned to trust Thompson, and if Benson is given a nonguaranteed contract that would allow the team to freely cut him at the end of camp if he's unimpressive, then it's a more reasonable move.

Ochocinco headbutted his wife after finding a receipt for some condoms in her car. HBO's Hard Knocks just got a hell of a lot more interesting.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

85 is still playing??

Yep. He basically took last season off after failing to stick with the Patriots.

---

Update to that situation, I guess it was Ochocinco's wife who found the condom receipt.

Johnson and his wife went to a restaurant for dinner. They returned home and she found a receipt for a box of condoms, Engle said.

An argument ensued, Engle said.

"It gets pretty heated," Engle said. "By the time they get home here in Davie it's pretty heated. She alleges he leaned over and head butted her. He says she leaned towards him and that they butted heads. Needless to say she has a good laceration on her forehead.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

85 is still playing??

Yep. He basically took last season off after failing to stick with the Patriots.

---

Update to that situation, I guess it was Ochocinco's wife who found the condom receipt.

Johnson and his wife went to a restaurant for dinner. They returned home and she found a receipt for a box of condoms, Engle said.

"It gets pretty heated," Engle said. "By the time they get home here in Davie it's pretty heated. She alleges he leaned over and head butted her. He says she leaned towards him and that they butted heads. Needless to say she has a good laceration on her forehead.

Stick with the Patriots? He played for them the whole season, including in the Super Bowl.

85 is still playing??

---

Stick with the Patriots? He played for them the whole season, including in the Super Bowl.

He had 15 receptions the entire season. I guess when I said "stick" I meant as in he didn't do enough to be brought back.

twitter

Ted Thompson is opening the wallet again. Looks like Cedric Benson is coming to Green Bay.

As an owner of the team, I'm a little pissed that I wasn't consulted on the matter. Mr. Thompson can be expecting a phone call. B)

Seriously though, I'm not too crazy about this move. It's not that hard to find a good RB on the scrap heap these days. Why take a flier on a guy who can't hold on to the ball and may be trouble?

BB52Big.jpg

85 is still playing??

---

He had 15 receptions the entire season. I guess when I said "stick" I meant as in he didn't do enough to be brought back.

I see, just seemed like you were saying that he took the year off and wasn't on a team. I also think the fact that the Pats nabbed Brandon Lloyd had a little (not a lot mind you) with their decision not to keep Johnson around.

Archived