2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

He never really seemed like a Belichick guy either.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After viewing an episode of Hard Knocks the other night, it's very clear that "Chad" still has the maturity and attitude of a high schooler. Hearing news that he lost his cool and head-butted his significant other doesn't come to a surprise to me at all.

6uXNWAo.png

1st pass by Andrew Luck was a 60 yard TD throw to Donald Brown.

That sound you heard is Colts STH's buying superbowl reservations.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Ehh...just beginner's luck.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

And playing the Rams

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Ochocinco ditched by Miami, it was fun while it lasted.

twitter

Why do I have a feeling he'll be signed very soon.

I don't think so.

You may get an owner wanting to take a chance on him wanting to get some attention. But I can't see coaching staffs and GM's wanting anything to do with the guy. Just can't get away with this type of crap when your fourth on the depth chart, and he was probably a 50/50 shot to make the team even before this arrest.

I don't think so.

You may get an owner wanting to take a chance on him wanting to get some attention. But I can't see coaching staffs and GM's wanting anything to do with the guy. Just can't get away with this type of crap when your fourth on the depth chart, and he was probably a 50/50 shot to make the team even before this arrest.

Donte Stallworth killed a man and is still playing in the league...someone will take a chance on Ocho.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

And playing the Rams

Yeah it was the first preseason game. Yeah it was just the Rams. But Andy Luck still looked pretty good. 10/16, 188 yards, 2 TDs (very nearly 3) in one half of football. Nice. Very solid. Didn't get too flustered. Even when he was forced out of the pocket, I liked his movement and his decisions. He made a couple dynamite passes over the middle (albeit on the Rams 2nd teamers). More than adequete debut for Luck.

He was helped by decent showing by the retooled o-line, but I still need to see more from them especially in the running game. Brown and Carter did well receiving out of the backfield and pushing the small holes and piles the O-line made (like I said, they still need work). And the defense looked ok. New scheme. Mathis and Freeney were outside backers now.

I liked what I saw overall. They'll be better than last year (not that it'll be that hard), but how much better is still left to find out. A lot of things to take from it, but again, it's just the first preseason game.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

IIRC Matt Ryan's first pass was a TD also. Hasn't propelled him above the middle of the pack.

Nobody mentioned yet that the pass was completed behind the line of scrimmage...

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I don't think so.

Donte Stallworth killed a man and is still playing in the league...someone will take a chance on Ocho.

You say that as if he knifed the guy or something. It was vehicular homicide. Not downplaying it because obviously the guy is still dead, but he did run out into traffic.

And yeah, Luck's "long" TD pass went about 2.5 yards in the air. :P

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I don't think so.

You say that as if he knifed the guy or something. It was vehicular homicide. Not downplaying it because obviously the guy is still dead, but he did run out into traffic.

That and he was suspended for a full season. It wasn't like he just bounced back.

More importantly he wasn't 34 years old at the time like Johnson is now. Like I said even before this incident I don't think he was much more then a 50/50 bet to make the team.

Ocho's age hurts him too, a team will put up with a young All Pro with his antics, but not a veteran third down receiver on the downside of his career.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

If the crime that Ochocinco allegedly committed wasn't so cowardly and controversial, I would consider him an option for the Cowboys. But just WAY to much baggage for a team that doesn't need any more of it. But considering their top 2 receivers are two of the most injury prone players in the league, the Cowboys need a 3rd WR.

Archived