Penn State considering uniform overhaul

kajeet

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously the State Penn pic I posted was a fake, but it could be similar to something if they do make changes.

I like the Keystone S concept a lot.

Penn State did not wear their lion logo on their helmet against Florida State in the Blockbuster Bowl; I'm trying to find a picture of the game as well.

No just no some uniforms just aren't meant to change, like Texas, Alabama, Michigan(their primary not the under the lights),oklahoma. These jerseys are iconic they haven't changed since their creation it's like when we were kids there must be something that was old but iconic to us(ie a build/restaurant) and if it got torn down we would be sad. Somethings just aren't meant to change even if something as bad as the Sandusky scandal happened

For those schools, the general design has remained the same, but they each have added names to the backs of the jerseys over time.

Penn State will have some visible change when they hit the field on September 1, though it sounds like whatever bigger changes they were planning might not have been worked out in time for this season.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/penn_state/20120727_Penn_State_considers_changes_to_football_uniforms.html

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Penn State will have some visible change when they hit the field on September 1, though it sounds like whatever bigger changes they were planning might not have been worked out in time for this season.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/penn_state/20120727_Penn_State_considers_changes_to_football_uniforms.html

My guess is that for 2012 you'll see simple changes like names on the back of the unis and a logo on the helmet.

Strictly as a logo / uniform enthusiast, I think it sucks that they're making changes. We need teams with uniforms like Penn State, just like we need Oregon. There will still be Alabama, but even they've worn alts in the past few years. Not sure who would take Penn State's place at the far right of the uniform political spectrum.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Strictly as a logo / uniform enthusiast, I think it sucks that they're making changes. We need teams with uniforms like Penn State, just like we need Oregon. There will still be Alabama, but even they've worn alts in the past few years. Not sure who would take Penn State's place at the far right of the uniform political spectrum.

How long until someone misinterprets this and calls you pro child molestation?

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

If Paterno would have just retired at the end of last season and passed away without any of this controversy I'd be in full agreement with you. I actually love Penn State's uniforms from a purely aesthetic point of view. But those uniforms are so ingrained into Joe Paterno's legacy and the Penn State culture that led the coverup happen that think it's best for them to throw them away and start fresh all over again.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

psu.png

+1 and a white version as well.

I get that designs like this look cool from the side, and even the front. But the way the two logos would connect in the back would look very awkward. The Seahawks are one of the only teams that have a logo that would make a design like this work all the way around.

If I'm wrong let me know, but doesn't their current design predate Paterno's arrival to the program by some considerable margin?

To a fair degree. The biggest change is that numbers are no longer on the helmets, though they were when Paterno started there.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Yeah, a youth mark may not be the best idea if you get my drift, even in jest.

I should clarify...presenting that mark was for the silliness of it; not any kind of sick joke about Sandusky.

Hope no one was offended.

Archived