Least Deserving Beloved Logo

OnWis97

Green Bay Packers. I mean who else makes a logo using only the first letter of their first name? Do the Giants have an "N"? Do the 49ers have an "S"?

gbhelmet.jpg

The G actually stands for "greatness", not Greenbay.

That's just an urban legend.

I agree with the Nordiques and Indians logos.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's one:

baltimore-orioles-cartoon-bird.jpg

To me, this is probably the most overrated logo in the MLB.

I'd rather have a messed up try at an Ornithological correct bird than a cartoon bird that looks like it has a double chin.

But for me, this is the most overrated logo in MLB

Milwaukee-Brewers-Logo.png

Death to the Ball-In-Glove logo :P

Disagreed on both accounts. Love both logos quite a bit! :P

There's quite a few people who love the Braves logo but it just doesn't do anything for me. Then again, it's much better than this...

539.gif

balitmoreorioles_sig1.png

Before this slips away from everyone, I believe the original idea was basically "logos that get more love than they deserve" not just logos you don;t like.

I wouldn't have even bothered, man...you know full well how these types of threads tend to go. (And we already on page 2.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

35jftc3.jpg

The ONLY reason why this is still on their helmets instead of the new Tiger is because this logo has somehow reached "IF YOU MESS WITH IT WE WILL BURN THIS SUMBITCH DOWN TO THE GROUND" status

Holy :censored: ! This is worse than Savannah State's and its a Div. I FBS team that's using it. I wish they should change the logo without listening to what the fans say about it.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

270.gif

That LSU logo is terrible, but the amount of love this one gets boggles my mind continuously

+100 Looks TERRIBLE.

Green Bay Packers. I mean who else makes a logo using only the first letter of their first name? Do the Giants have an "N"? Do the 49ers have an "S"?

gbhelmet.jpg

Please tell me you're kidding, right? You know that that's 100 percent, unequivocally not true.

is wikipedia spreading that nonsense again? :rolleyes:

270.gif

That LSU logo is terrible, but the amount of love this one gets boggles my mind continuously

+100 Looks TERRIBLE.

Please tell me you're kidding, right? You know that that's 100 percent, unequivocally not true.

is wikipedia spreading that nonsense again? :rolleyes:

Doesn't Chicago's "C" stand for cool, and the Baltimore "B" stand for Badasss!

Amazed that no one posted this yet.

browns_logo.gif

I don't know many people that love the Browns helmet as a logo. Everyone loves the helmet itself, but I've heard so many people, Browns fans included, say that they should get a real logo instead of putting the helmet on all their merchandise.

T1oYViW.png

Amazed that no one posted this yet.

I don't know many people that love the Browns helmet as a logo. Everyone loves the helmet itself, but I've heard so many people, Browns fans included, say that they should get a real logo instead of putting the helmet on all their merchandise.

Agreed. I would say the elf is more of the "beloved" logo by fans...

203.gif

3.5 on the mothership

Which is about 4 more points than it deserves.

Adding silver was undoubtedly the worst mistake in franchise history from an aesthetic point of view (even worse than their Edge uniforms). I understand that it was used only minimally, but honestly, what were they thinking? With respect to the actual logo, again, what were they thinking? Had it been stylized to form a maple leaf, even an abstract one, I'd understand. However, it was just a cheap-looking monogram that was un-recognizable from TV and didn't fit in at all with their identity.

----------

145.gif

I don't really find anything particularly wrong with this logo, but I don't get the whole "OMG! Best alt logo EVAR!!1!" it gets around here.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Coming from a lifelong Devils fan; I think their logo is overrated.

New-Jersey-Devils.jpg

I think there is just so much more they can do. Though more likely my concerns would be alleviated if they put out a secondary logo that depicted a devil. I've always loved the D from their team store the "Devils Den". (Sorry I couldn't find an isolated image.)

evm3weelhgnjjxjprporixufu.gif

This could also be the focal point of a 3rd jersey, which I know has been a concept on this site.

35jftc3.jpg

The ONLY reason why this is still on their helmets instead of the new Tiger is because this logo has somehow reached "IF YOU MESS WITH IT WE WILL BURN THIS SUMBITCH DOWN TO THE GROUND" status

The L-S-U letters made out of electrical tape don't help any, either. Use letters or use a logo, but don't use both at the same time. In this case, neither those letters nor that logo should see the light of day.

35jftc3.jpg

The L-S-U letters made out of electrical tape don't help any, either. Use letters or use a logo, but don't use both at the same time. In this case, neither those letters nor that logo should see the light of day.

Such a terribly messy logo. It looks like a 3 year old splattered paint over a blank picture of a tiger. The eyes are the worst part about it though, one is a single eye on its own, and the other connects to the stripes. It's a horrible logo.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived