Least Deserving Beloved Logo

OnWis97

wnyd2zhh84f50ux4uxyqbktbh.gif

One of the worst. Always hated this logo.

I love Chief Wahoo.

Cool story, bro... but that's not the point of this thread.

I think Wahoo sucks too, but I really can't take anyone who thinks Wahoo is a great logo seriously.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember when I was a kid, before I knew anything about baseball, and I watched "Major League". I kinda liked the Indians logo because it was so ridiculous.

Then I found out it was an actual logo used in real life...

35jftc3.jpg

The ONLY reason why this is still on their helmets instead of the new Tiger is because this logo has somehow reached "IF YOU MESS WITH IT WE WILL BURN THIS SUMBITCH DOWN TO THE GROUND" status

The L-S-U letters made out of electrical tape don't help any, either. Use letters or use a logo, but don't use both at the same time. In this case, neither those letters nor that logo should see the light of day.

Such a terribly messy logo. It looks like a 3 year old splattered paint over a blank picture of a tiger. The eyes are the worst part about it though, one is a single eye on its own, and the other connects to the stripes. It's a horrible logo.

You guys do realize that this is simply a digital reproduction of a potentially hand drawn or painted logo from several decades ago? You guys talk as if it's something someone designed in 1995, on 12 cups of coffee. Yes, it is firmly caught up in tradition, but understanding where it came from and it's significance, can tone down your "hatred" for it. Just saying...

Green Bay Packers. I mean who else makes a logo using only the first letter of their first name?

What else can you really do with a name like the Packers?

I think the point is that they should have used some sort of "GB". I never really thought much about that until someone here pointed out that the "G" would be like an "S" on the San Francisco 49ers helmet or an "N" on the NY Giants helmet. Now it bugs me and renders a logo that I thought was "meh" quite bad.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Green Bay Packers. I mean who else makes a logo using only the first letter of their first name? Do the Giants have an "N"? Do the 49ers have an "S"?

gbhelmet.jpg

The G actually stands for "greatness", not Greenbay.

That's just an urban legend.

I agree with the Nordiques and Indians logos.

I thought the Rams' G stood for greatness.

St%2BLouis%2BRams%2BHelmet.png

35jftc3.jpg

The ONLY reason why this is still on their helmets instead of the new Tiger is because this logo has somehow reached "IF YOU MESS WITH IT WE WILL BURN THIS SUMBITCH DOWN TO THE GROUND" status

The L-S-U letters made out of electrical tape don't help any, either. Use letters or use a logo, but don't use both at the same time. In this case, neither those letters nor that logo should see the light of day.

Such a terribly messy logo. It looks like a 3 year old splattered paint over a blank picture of a tiger. The eyes are the worst part about it though, one is a single eye on its own, and the other connects to the stripes. It's a horrible logo.

You guys do realize that this is simply a digital reproduction of a potentially hand drawn or painted logo from several decades ago? You guys talk as if it's something someone designed in 1995, on 12 cups of coffee. Yes, it is firmly caught up in tradition, but understanding where it came from and it's significance, can tone down your "hatred" for it. Just saying...

Yes, and it's still awful. The fact that you're willing to defend it kinda goes along with the point of the thread. grinning.gif

Do the Detroit Tigers still use this?

LION.jpg

I'm not sure that they ever did, actually. But that's beside the point.

35jftc3.jpg

Yes, but the point is that it's a bad digital reproduction of a hand drawn logo from several decades ago. They just ran it through a vector generator like Illustrator's Live Trace, which poorly recognizes complex images. That's why it has so many strange angles and jagged lines, and why none of the stripe colors have any relation to one another.

Had they paid a professional graphic artist to manually trace their old hand-drawn logo, it would probably be quite cool.

Apparently, this is what it's actually supposed to look like.

lsulax.jpg

LAXLSU7276A%20(1).JPG

Don't know where they screwed up and got this.

a2079181343a707b2f8b3c_m.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Here's one:

baltimore-orioles-cartoon-bird.jpg

To me, this is probably the most overrated logo in the MLB.

I'd rather have a messed up try at an Ornithological correct bird than a cartoon bird that looks like it has a double chin.

But for me, this is the most overrated logo in MLB

Milwaukee-Brewers-Logo.png

Death to the Ball-In-Glove logo :P

Yes to both. Never understood the love of the cartoon Oriole or the Ball-In-glove.

35jftc3.jpg

You know it's bad when the logo looks worse the bigger it is.

Is the tiger constipated or having a stroke?

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Apparently, this is what it's actually supposed to look like.

lsulax.jpg

LAXLSU7276A%20(1).JPG

That makes perfect sense - run a smallish version of that through some automated computer trace, and you get their current mess.

Much better!

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

35jftc3.jpg

clemson-tigers_medium.jpg

"HEY GUYS HEY GUYS DON'T TELL DABO BUT LSU GAVE ME A MIRROR, SOME 8-BALLS AND A MACBOOK WITH PHOTOSHOP TO DESIGN THEIR NEW LOGO AND AFTER I WOKE UP FROM BEING BLACKED OUT THIS IS WHAT I SAW ON THE SCREEN"

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I don't like the helmet design either way, but I gotta wonder how they dropped the ball on the quality of the logo.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

%7Boption%7DBiG

I don't get the love for it. It's generic and inferior to any look they had after it.

It's better than the muddled 94-96 Motre Bame hat logo.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived