Changes expected in Cleveland

canzman

In his introductory press conference new Browns owner, James Haslam, III, hinted that stadium naming rights and possible uniform changes could be coming in the future.

Haslam stated that ?it?s a marketing world we live in? so one would assume these changes are more a matter of when then if.

"link"

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm, by those comments maybe he wants to improve the brand by making an acutal logo and even going as far as putting it on the helmet. They do need a logo, and no, the B football sucks.

As far as uniforms go, the 1999 set is perfect. No darker brown, no wordmark under the collar, striped socks worn with every combo, and white facemasks. That is what they should always look like. I imagine they will either veer slightly from what they currently have or go back to a look they previously wore (other than the white helmet set). I think the fans would riot if he sends them out there in clownsuits looking like Bowling Green.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I consider myself a traditionalist, but my reaction to the topic was "oh no, not the Cavs", as I like their simple look (particularly the white-free roadies). Then I thought "oh good, the Browns." It's weird for me that a two-year old uniform from a meaningless team meant less to me than the Browns' traditional look. That said, I hope they leave it alone. They can get a better logo if they want and even stick the wordmark part below the collar and the logo on the back (like the Vikes), but I really hope they keep the basic theme together, i.e., Brown and Orange and the blank helmet. The blank helmet is as much a part of their identity as the Rams' horned helmet or the Raiders' shield.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The only things I'd like to see the Browns with are orange pants for a home game every now and then and a Brown-White-Brown alternate. I think those would really look fantastic

OK, I admit it. I did not watch the video. But I would guess if he really discussed changing the uniforms, it's gotta be bigger than pants color. I hope not.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The only things I'd like to see the Browns with are orange pants for a home game every now and then and a Brown-White-Brown alternate. I think those would really look fantastic

OK, I admit it. I did not watch the video. But I would guess if he really discussed changing the uniforms, it's gotta be bigger than pants color. I hope not.

I never watched it either, but those are just my hopes. The Browns don't need some hip new ultra modern look. Their set is perfectly fine. The brown and white combo is actually one of my top 3 favorites in the NFL despite my being a Bengals fan

Manchester-City-icon.png

Well, not that this matters much but... ***SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT***

CLEbrowns_NPC.png

(Except with the stripes up on the armholes.)

Enough of a change without really changing all that much. (Except axing the white pants altogether. #unpopular opinion)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Jimmy Haslam is an alumni of Tennessee. He said how he liked how both the Browns & Volunteers both have orange in there colors. I got a feeling that he's gonna make orange the Browns main color with brown and white as secondary colors.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

CLEbrowns_NPC.png

Enough of a change without really changing all that much. (Except axing the white pants altogether. #unpopular opinion)

Man that's good stuff!!! You should send that to Jimmy Haslam ASAP!!!

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

CLEbrowns_NPC.png

I'd go with white pants on the road and I'd keep the stripes the same as they are now. For some reason it looks goofy to me when white is the color of the outermost stripes. I'd also change to a normal block font, but other than that, this is what the browns should be wearing.

I will laugh for days if this new owner puts a logo on the helmet. Cleveland would freak out worse than they did when lebron left.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Bring back the white helmet!

motley_marion.jpg

Though I would highly recommend a (brown) facemask and cleats instead of Chuck Taylor's.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

He overpaid for them so of course he is going to have to sell stadium naming rights.

Just out of curiosity what makes you the expert in how much a franchise is worth? Just because you don't like them? Good call on that one!

In his introductory press conference new Browns owner, James Haslam, III, hinted that stadium naming rights and possible uniform changes could be coming in the future.

Haslam stated that ?it?s a marketing world we live in? so one would assume these changes are more a matter of when then if.

"link"

Finally a owner that is wanting to change the uniform! I am liking this guy already!

spacer.png

I really hope he doesn't change anything too much if he actually does make changes. Not for tradition's sake, but because I think they're some of the best in the league. They definitely need a primary logo that isn't their helmet though. Out of the logos they've had in the past as alternates, I think brownie would look great as a primary. And I wouldn't be against a helmet logo, but nothing they have now would look good on a helmet.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I really hope he doesn't change anything too much if he actually does make changes. Not for tradition's sake, but because I think they're some of the best in the league. They definitely need a primary logo that isn't their helmet though. Out of the logos they've had in the past as alternates, I think brownie would look great as a primary. And I wouldn't be against a helmet logo, but nothing they have now would look good on a helmet.

I agree, they need a primary logo and a helmet logo. The new Cleveland Browns have been one of the least publicized teams and brands in the NFL over their existence.

He overpaid for them so of course he is going to have to sell stadium naming rights.

Wouldn't he just name it Pilot Stadium or Flying J Field or something?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

As a Steelers fan, I even want them to have some kind of logo. It never has to touch the helmet, but maybe somewhere on the uniform someday, though I appreciate the stripes they use.

Maybe they'll loosen up a bit with their jersey choices and have a broader range, like the Steelers' recent throwback choices, or even bring an orange jersey into the rotation.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived