Changes expected in Cleveland

canzman

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Orange Jersey actually didn't have the orange showing through between the stripes.

51773120_display_image.jpg?1292456654

Also, I still love this look... pair it with striped socks and its a winner. Extra credit if they make the pants a matte-material..

2812957.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934A2752006EF5F0ED2859148CF1830F555A5397277B4DC33E

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Joe Banner (former head of the Eagles from 1996 until now) will be running the Browns, and will obviously have a lot of influence on all of this.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think this is the best the Browns have looked since coming back to the NFL.

2926151_display_image.jpg?1287248170

I prefer the white facemask and the pants stripe looks more pleasing to me than the current orange-brown-orange pants stripe. As much as I usually love striped socks, I don't like them with the all-white browns uniform. The brown socks look better.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The sleeve stripes were "priceless" back in the days when the sleeves were still this long:

JimBrown1.jpg

Nowadays, though, nothing can convince me that those huge-ass stripes look good on any modern template.

105995993_display_image.jpeg

h-uniform.jpg

The Steelers' and Lions' stripes look even worse, but I digress.

It's not an optimum look, but I don't mind it. This sort of thing comes with the territory of technology advancement. I've always taken it with a grain of salt and accepted it for what it was. Surely someday there will be a jersey that makes sleeve designs look good again.

No they don't. The Browns are an old team in an old city and have to look the part.

You mean a dying city, with 3 horrible professional franchises that haven't won anything in 100 years?

The Browns uniforms are terrible. Completely out-of-date and antiquated. Synonomous with losing and drab football.

There are some teams that can pull of a "older" look. The Packers. The Bears. The Raiders. The Giants. Those are legendary, winning franchises and their uniforms still "work" today. The Browns? Nope.

S-can those sorry-ass striped socks and those goofy looking sleeve stripes. Both look like they belong with leisure suits and bell-bottoms.

Keep the helmet the way it is. The Browns have a unique identity. They are known for not having a logo on their helmet. Nobody in the NFL does that. Keep the grey facemask, even. Or go with a brown one. Doesn't really matter. Both look better then the white one they used to wear.

Modernize the rest of the uniforms. Keep the brown jersey's. Another unique feature of this team to any in the NFL. Bring back orange pants. With the exact same striping on the helmet. White pants also will have the exact same striping. Modernize the number font. White number trimmed in orange would look good on the brown jersey. Brown number trimmed in orange on the white jersey.

Go with solid brown socks with both pairs of britches. Just looks modern and clean. Black shoes.

And don't be afraid to wear a orange alternate either. Not with the drop-shadowing of the old orange alts. Same look as the brown and white jersey's.

Brown and orange can work, if you do it right. The Browns right now are a mess. Clean them up and they can look "cool" again.

I think most people would agree they're also synonymous with some of the greatest teams and players of all time, which is part of the beauty of them. The Browns uniforms, from inception to present, may be more consistent than any other team's. Aside from the first few years in the white helmet, and the hiccup in 1984, the Browns have nearly always been an orange helmet with a five stripe design on the sleeves and socks, one-color block numerals and simple striped pants. The orange pants are about as flashy as they've ever gotten over the years. Some people don't like the Browns' look, but their fans are attached to it, and that's what matters the most.

9157018-large.jpg

Here is actually the 1999 Cleveland Browns! :P

Why Chris Palmer didn't call a timeout there before they bearly got that field goal off, I will never figure that out. But Dawson made it. And the Browns revenged the opening night drudging by beating the Steelers at Three Rivers. What a wacky victory. But I will still take those 1999 unis over the current drab Browns garb.

Isn't this the exact same uniform they currently wear, except for the facemask? I'd even argue that the lighter brown makes these 1999 uniforms more drab because there's not as much contrast.

I definetly thought the team had it right in 2002 with these bad boys...

Cleveland02.gif

Mostly, it's just the orange jersey.

Super sexy IMO.

I would love to see maybe the same traditional set used while they add a super-sleak and modern orange alternate to satisfy those people who can't stand the tradition all day long.

One thing I've never understood is why the striping pattern is different on the Home and Alt, as compared to the Away.

you mean there should be 2 brown stripes instead of the 3 on the orange? they're using the same stripe and technique on all 3; theres 3 colors and whatever the jersey color is gets left out of the stripes

They fixed the brown and white striping to be consistent and I like the current uniforms minus the facemask. To me a grey mask is a lazy attempt to be traditional. I'm gonna ZonaJack and put hte Cardinals on watch with thier lazy gray mask that honestly should be black (ugh) but I think should be red.

Isn't a white facemask on the Browns' uniform a lazy attempt to be modern, then? On the Cardinals, I can see your point, but the style of the Browns' uniform fits extremely well with the traditional look of a grey facemask.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Well, not that this matters much but... ***SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT***

CLEbrowns_NPC.png

(Except with the stripes up on the armholes.)

Enough of a change without really changing all that much. (Except axing the white pants altogether. #unpopular opinion)

I'm mostly cool with this, but I HATE that logo they used... not your fault.

I worked up a concept a little while back incorporating the same cool grey Oklahoma State uses, and I think that would be an awesome addition to their current set.

Orange Jersey actually didn't have the orange showing through between the stripes.

51773120_display_image.jpg?1292456654

Also, I still love this look... pair it with striped socks and its a winner. Extra credit if they make the pants a matte-material..

2812957.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1934A2752006EF5F0ED2859148CF1830F555A5397277B4DC33E

Co-sign on both of these looks as well.

Kristopher "Baze" Bazen

www.krisbazen.com

Just heard that the Browns new owner will make a slight change to the color orange of the Browns. Instead of a burnt orange, it will be more of a light orange. (think Tennessee volunteers)

I didnt hear that. Have a link?? Interesting if true...

It's not an optimum look, but I don't mind it. This sort of thing comes with the territory of technology advancement. I've always taken it with a grain of salt and accepted it for what it was. Surely someday there will be a jersey that makes sleeve designs look good again.

What's your thought on racing-style neck-to-cuff vertical stripes? Basically just take the same horizontal stripe but run it vertically. IMO the helmet and pants stripes are vertical, so it's no different. They seem to be getting more lax when it comes to TV numbers (at least with throwbacks), so maybe eventually they won't be required. Or, just make them a little smaller and put them in a brown box or circle patch (unless they don't look too bad when just placed on top of the stripe.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

What's your thought on racing-style neck-to-cuff vertical stripes? Basically just take the same horizontal stripe but run it vertically. IMO the helmet and pants stripes are vertical, so it's no different. They seem to be getting more lax when it comes to TV numbers (at least with throwbacks), so maybe eventually they won't be required. Or, just make them a little smaller and put them in a brown box or circle patch (unless they don't look too bad when just placed on top of the stripe.)

I think it would be great for a couple teams to do it. I don't know about the Browns, necessarily, but I think what the Titans have is not the best example of it. Maybe Texas A&M and Mississippi State will convince more teams and designers to go down this route.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think this was their best season (uniforms wise):

2003_Cleveland.png

[via gridironuniforms.com]

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

2003_Cleveland.png

While I posted the uni's from 2002, THIS is the set I should have posted, because everything on here is perfect.

And to here the guy who was running the Eagles is now running the Browns...eh, why should I be excited about a guy who couldn't get anything done in Philly with fantastic rosters from 1997-2012? Not much of a step forwards or backwards, more like sideways...

signature1b.png

signature2qx.png

2003_Cleveland.png

While I posted the uni's from 2002, THIS is the set I should have posted, because everything on here is perfect.

And to here the guy who was running the Eagles is now running the Browns...eh, why should I be excited about a guy who couldn't get anything done in Philly with fantastic rosters from 1997-2012? Not much of a step forwards or backwards, more like sideways...

I much prefer the stripes they have on their brown jerseys now, without the brown spacing between the stripes.

Hey, if Buc can do a shameless plug for a new uniform, I'll do my own shameless plug for a new logo!

BrownsRichardsC.jpg

i like this a lot

I don't mind it, but I think the extruded letterform takes a timeless aspect away from it... I could be wrong though.

Kristopher "Baze" Bazen

www.krisbazen.com

Hey, if Buc can do a shameless plug for a new uniform, I'll do my own shameless plug for a new logo!

BrownsRichardsC.jpg

i like this a lot

I don't mind it, but I think the extruded letterform takes a timeless aspect away from it... I could be wrong though.

I thought the same thing. It's a bit too slick to fit properly within their identity.

BrownsRichardsC.jpg

I don't remember seeing this before...I see what Kris and Andy are getting at with the dropshadow effect kinda conflicting with the "traditional" lineage of the Browns' long-lasting identity (if that makes any sense). That said...that'd be a great starting point for a new Browns logo...an actual REAL logo, at that, or at least as a compliment to a reworked elf.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

He overpaid for them so of course he is going to have to sell stadium naming rights.

Just out of curiosity what makes you the expert in how much a franchise is worth? Just because you don't like them? Good call on that one!

Yeah, he except that he really didn't. What he paid was pretty much market value for the Browns. The Browns revenue is appx. 250 million a year. Normally, a business sells for around 4x the revenue. So the Browns cost him a billion dollars, or four times their revenue. He didn't overpay. If anything, he got a deal.

With the way NFL franchise values keep climbing, he could make a very nice return on that investment in as little as 5 years. Especially when you consider that he's only in for 700 million right now. He has some deal where he pays the Lerners for the final 300 million a few years down the road. This guy made a gazillion dollars off truck stops. My guess is he doesn't make a lot of dumb financial decisions.

On topic: In my opinion, the Browns have never looked bad. I just hope "changes" doesn't mean "we're going to switch from a great look to clown suits." I'd be fine with bringing back the orange pants and white facemask. Other than that, leave well enough alone if for no other reason than the Browns uniforms drive a certain member of this community crazy. I won't name names but suffice it to say that his initials are the same as the Denver Broncos. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Archived