Changes expected in Cleveland

canzman

you know if they do anything its going to be a bold move. this is a brand that was once (not too long ago) so strong they had to bring it back to the NFL. the NFL has grown since then (couldnt tell how the Browns brand is as of now though). theres no reason to change the uniform to something older or slightly different. what they're wearing now is an iconic look with a lot of equity. if they want to blow it up and build for the future its not going to happen by being only slightly different. it will be something bold

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suppose this is an unpopular opinion, but I really don't like the orange pants, at least when paired with the brown jersey. They look a little better with the white jersey, but I still don't prefer that.

Personally, I think the Browns should consider going this route:

Charles+Ali+New+York+Giants+v+Cleveland+Browns+JWWO3i-68A9l.jpg

with some minor tweaks to update, namely change the helmet stripe to brown-white-brown, and change the facemask color to white. I really like the look of the numerals on the helmet, and think it'd be the best alternative to the plain helmet if they absolutely have to put something on there. Plus, no one else in the NFL has numerals as the primary decal on the helmet full-time, so that'd be a neat thing to call their own as far as the NFL goes. I don't dislike a wordmark on the chest by any means, but I think I would prefer a plain chest as shown here. As far as logos go, clean up and modernize Brownie, and boom, done.

I'm really warming up to this. I would have two options: one being this same uniform with the brown stripe removed from the pants, because I think the solid orange stripe ties to the solid white stripe on the helmet better. Then there would be an orange pant with a solid white stripe, just like the helmet. I like the current helmet, but I think the single white stripe on the old helmet is very cool for some reason.

I think that while many of us would appreciate the consistency, I think that it's lost on the average fan. In some cases it doesn't matter, because the stripes all look "normal" anyway, but with what you're proposing, the "untrained" eye might actually construe it as inconsistent.

I don't know that the untrained eye cares about or notices that type of thing, :P but with this particular uniform, I think that thin brown stripe on the pant actually picks up those thin brown numerals from the helmet quite well, because the strokes are of very similar weight. Take away the helmet numerals, and I think the solid color pant stripe is better.

Oh I definitely see what you're saying about the thin brown stripe tying in to the helmet number - I wonder if a thicker orange boarder might make it an even better match? As it stands, the thin triple stripe on the pants looks mismatched from the overall size of the multi stripe on the sleeve. A thicker orange boarder might serve the dual purpose of tying in to the helmet even more, as well as balancing out against the sleeves.

Surely possible, though I fear Brandon is probably correct. All good things must come to an end. Even the Browns' uniforms.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

you know if they do anything its going to be a bold move. this is a brand that was once (not too long ago) so strong they had to bring it back to the NFL. the NFL has grown since then (couldnt tell how the Browns brand is as of now though). theres no reason to change the uniform to something older or slightly different. what they're wearing now is an iconic look with a lot of equity. if they want to blow it up and build for the future its not going to happen by being only slightly different. it will be something bold

:winner: Great post. I feel that there's a good chance that they may make drastic changes to the uniform, despite what fans want. Especially with this quote from Tony Grossi, Haslam told me that he may enlist the help of focus groups to help him decide the future of the uniform style.

P.S. I got off from ESPN Cleveland. Here's the link: EspnCleveland

:winner: Great post. I feel that there's a good chance that they may make drastic changes to the uniform, despite what fans want. Especially with this quote from Tony Grossi, Haslam told me that he may enlist the help of focus groups to help him decide the future of the uniform style.

now that scares me. focus groups tell you about the present (if they're honest) but not about the future.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

now that scares me. focus groups tell you about the present (if they're honest) but not about the future.

I want drastic change, but bringing in focus groups scares me a little bit.

spacer.png

Not a fan but I respect the tradition their look has. I think it is one of the classier looks in the league. Honestly the only thing that MUST be done is adapting a real primary logo. The helmet is a unique feature of their unis like the Bengals' stripes but it is not a logo. I was a fan of the "B" in ball. Not too crazy and it was affective. I saw it and knew it was the Browns. Keep it off the helmet but bring it back as the primary. Maybe on the pants somewhere if it has to be on the unis.

1344308503' post='1858024']

How fitting they chose Ford, the most unreliable car company.

Source?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not a fan but I respect the tradition their look has. I think it is one of the classier looks in the league. Honestly the only thing that MUST be done is adapting a real primary logo. The helmet is a unique feature of their unis like the Bengals' stripes but it is not a logo. I was a fan of the "B" in ball. Not too crazy and it was affective. I saw it and knew it was the Browns. Keep it off the helmet but bring it back as the primary. Maybe on the pants somewhere if it has to be on the unis.

I agree as an steelers fan...pittsburgh is a rust belt city, cleveland is a rust belt city,.....Mr.Haslam cam the steelers so he understands about the history of the team and traditions and he knows he needs to get off to a good rapport with the people. I like some change for some other teams (jacksonville, Miami) and like seattle radical new look. The browns are the browns, ugly and nice at the same time, what I would like to see is the orange jersey, orange pants, and the brown pants with the white/orange/white stripe down the line of the pants and the brown striped socks with the brown jerseys

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Those practice jerseys with sponsorship are a precursor to what's to come next. A drastic change in the Browns uniforms.

I was being sarcastic, There's really no relation. Combine the record training camp attendance with all the media buzz around a new owner makes it very enticing for a company to want to put their logo on the jerseys. Not to mention a lot of other teams have had sponsors for quite some time.

The majority of Browns fans do not want drastic changes. Ive noticed the people complaining about the lack of a logo on the helmet are usually not Browns fans. Id like to see a new primary, but not on the helmet. Put it somewhere prominent on the uniform, but keep the logo off the helmet. I like the B in the ball logo. Simple, and you still know it's the Browns. Maybe do a new variation with a block C in a football.

And color changes....Fine if thats adding more orange, but brown and copper? Seriously? How about the Steelers change to black and vegas gold? I think heads would explode.

70389454.png

Those practice jerseys with sponsorship are a precursor to what's to come next. A drastic change in the Browns uniforms.

That decision (Ford on the practice jerseys) was made long before the sale of the franchise. Those sponsorship deals don't happen overnight.

The majority of Browns fans do not want drastic changes. Ive noticed the people complaining about the lack of a logo on the helmet are usually not Browns fans. Id like to see a new primary, but not on the helmet. Put it somewhere prominent on the uniform, but keep the logo off the helmet. I like the B in the ball logo. Simple, and you still know it's the Browns. Maybe do a new variation with a block C in a football.

And color changes....Fine if thats adding more orange, but brown and copper? Seriously? How about the Steelers change to black and vegas gold? I think heads would explode.

There are actually people here who think its a good idea to change the Indians to brown and red too. It's not their team so why would they care about traditions? and why would a team, bought by an owner with UT connections, get rid of orange?? Where is the contrast in copper and brown? That would be an awfully drab combination.

I like the Browns current color scheme alot.

Nice to have something unique in sports, where carbon copies are becoming the norm.

I thought the dog logo they used was pretty cool. Not saying it has to go on the helmet, but I think they should use it more.

2ly2w09.jpg

Archived