Changes expected in Cleveland

canzman

this thread is going to get chaotic. let me help it get started: identity is great as it is, no major changes needed. B/ball logo is great and orange pants suck

It is so gonna be Clevejacked.

You can't Clevejack something that's about the Browns to begin with.

For better or worse, that's the joke.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this was their best season (uniforms wise):

2003_Cleveland.png

[via gridironuniforms.com]

1980_Cleveland.png

This is their 1975-1983 uniforms. This one was much better for it's time and would look good even in this time because the colors, the stripe patterns matched. Except for the sleeves, but the sleeves were really well done.

At least it's not what they tried to do in 1984

1984_Cleveland.png

[via gridironuniforms.com]

Actually, I would like to see what the Browns uniform would look like if they changed the orange to rust.

Make this happen.

15565197_large.jpg

Duracell? Old Taylor Made? I think Harley ran into this issue with their 105th anniversary bike. It's a great color, but the Browns would surely become known as the 'coppertops' wearing helmets like that. I fear it might also diminish some of the contrast and visual impact their uniform has.

Maybe would work better for the proposed Tennessee Copperheads.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Here is "What I would do". I sort of threw this together, so focus more on the design then quality.

browns-2.png

I just don't see how this is any better than what they have? That new helmet would be the laughing stock of the league.

So, then, it would be at least a slight upgrade, no? :P In all seriousness, I love that uniform. Put the same brown numerals that are on their throwback helmets on this white helmet and it's even better. Maybe even striped socks? I don't know, but I've always liked the idea of a white helmet with a stripe that matched the one on their pants, as either a pseudo-throwback or as the basis of a radically new look. I still don't want them to change at all, though, save for the removal of the AL patch and the addition of stripes to the brown socks.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Actually, I would like to see what the Browns uniform would look like if they changed the orange to rust.

Make this happen.

15565197_large.jpg

Duracell? Old Taylor Made? I think Harley ran into this issue with their 105th anniversary bike. It's a great color, but the Browns would surely become known as the 'coppertops' wearing helmets like that. I fear it might also diminish some of the contrast and visual impact their uniform has.

Those of us who like to talk color theory often speak of how we like a nice contrast. One of the interesting things about the Browns' color scheme, at least in my opinion, is that their orange and brown mote or less clash with each other a good bit. It's kind of a strange visual conflict (and I don't know if anyone else sees and/or agrees with that), but every now and then you need that...makes for more visual interest. And sometimes I really wish more teams saw that.

All that said...I personally would love to see the Browns try to incorporate thsy metallic rusty orange. I'm sure HGI could replicate that effect on the helmets...but I don't know that Nike could, or would, replicate that fabrication on their pants, since flat matte fabric seems to be their thing.

this thread is going to get chaotic. let me help it get started: identity is great as it is, no major changes needed. B/ball logo is great and orange pants suck

It is so gonna be Clevejacked.

You can't Clevejack something that's about the Browns to begin with.

Ohh yes you can.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived