College Basketball 2012-13

cajunaggie08

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Georgia Tech's new uniforms. Awful.

tech5.JPG

Kennesaw State in the road blacks. This year their home jerseys are gold. No whites.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/photos?gameId=323142633&photoId=2540074#photo_2540074

Hate to disagree with you there, but I personally love those GT unis.

I like both teams' uniforms. Tulane's especially, because Tulane is gonna make a uniform matchup halfway good no matter what team or sport they are playing.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Georgia Tech's new uniforms. Awful.

tech5.JPG

Kennesaw State in the road blacks. This year their home jerseys are gold. No whites.

http://espn.go.com/n...4#photo_2540074

Hate to disagree with you there, but I personally love those GT unis.

I can't see many other elements of the uniform, but just judging from the Wordmark and Numerals, I love those GT uniforms. The only thing that may hold them back, is the retro styling of the wordmark and numerals, if they are indeed paired with more modern elements in the striping, side panels, etc.

I disagree with the comments on the GA Tech-Tulane game. I've loved Tulane's color combo but this set doesn't utilize the light blue well enough. The white striping is gaudy, in my eyes.

I love GA Tech's set. I like the wordmark that is similar to that used on the Tech Tower. The drop shadow is beautiful.

GeorgiaTechVG09-158.jpg

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Georgia Tech looks awful, but Tulane looks fantastic.

Says the guy who likes their football uniforms.

Their football uniforms tie in with their name and the design has an actual purpose behind it.

Their basketball uniforms are a typical ugly modern Russell template with out-of-place classic shadowed block fonts.

It's a shame, because the same side panels the football team uses would look great on a basketball uniform too.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Georgia Tech looks awful, but Tulane looks fantastic.

Says the guy who likes their football uniforms.

Their football uniforms tie in with their name and the design has an actual purpose behind it.

Their basketball uniforms are a typical ugly modern Russell template with out-of-place classic shadowed block fonts.

It's a shame, because the same side panels the football team uses would look great on a basketball uniform too.

The block font and shadows are not at all "out of place". See my previous post.

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Make the Black alternate blue, and you've got a very solid uniform set. It seems like most College combinations are really great, until you get to that one uniform, that just makes you wonder "why?"...

+1.

I understand the need to have a contrast against home whites -- and black is quite literally as far from white as possible -- but it's silly.

I wish Tulsa would emphasize red more across all sports, too. The Gold/Blue/Red makes a unique color scheme, but they under utilize the red, IMO.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I really hate the new uniforms the Kentucky Wildcats are wearing tonight. I do like the 8 stars on the back of the jersey, but the lack of the blue on shorts besides the UK logo sucks!

New Uniform

I was about to ask, are these full time...or just a one time thing

Not sure yet as some sources are saying they are one time uniforms, while others are saying new. I suppose it is yet to be determined. I would think they would have wore these new unis during team pictures if they were gonna be around for the year.

2012-2013RosterPhoto.jpg

Apparently those uniforms the 'Cats wore against Maryland were a one-off because they are wearing the uniform pictured above tonight. Thank goodness.

spacer.png

I can honestly say that the balance of Gold / Anthracite / White / Black with Mizzou is top notch in terms of the use of Anthracite / Black. None of it seems forced, and the way the Gold is used is just beautiful. Probably one of my favorite looks in College Basketball...

Mizzou wore previously unseen black uniforms Friday night.

Nicholls_St_Missouri_Basketball_84938_team.jpg

Nicholls_St_Missouri_Basketball_84934_team.jpg

Those look like Anthracite to my eyes, but either way I wonder if they replcaed the ones we saw at the unveiling since these numbers would be much easier to read.

Mizzou wore previously unseen black uniforms Friday night.

Nicholls_St_Missouri_Basketball_84938_team.jpg

Nicholls_St_Missouri_Basketball_84934_team.jpg

Those look like Anthracite to my eyes, but either way I wonder if they replcaed the ones we saw at the unveiling since these numbers would be much easier to read.

They wore the other black/anthracite jerseys for their Black/Gold scrimmage a few weeks ago. If they scrapped those I wouldn't be mad. These are much better.

EDIT: After taking a look at the photos from their scrimmage, I think they're are just going to have two dark sets. The jerseys unveiled in the off-season are clearly black on black, while these are definitely anthracite.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Archived