College Basketball 2012-13

cajunaggie08

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Saturday Northwestern broke out black jerseys for the first time this season. They've worn black a handful of times over the last few seasons so this was hardly a surprise. Unlike the football team, who seem to play worse in alternate uniforms, the basketball team plays better in alternates. Last year we beat MSU in black and on Saturday we beat the spread against IU (that qualifies as good this season).

8405870811_41886e1118_n.jpg

Wow. Lazy is an understatement for this Nike jerseys. They slapped a logo on the front and called it a day. I think it's pretty apparent that the Nike design team does not care about basketball one bit.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

On Saturday Northwestern broke out black jerseys for the first time this season. They've worn black a handful of times over the last few seasons so this was hardly a surprise. Unlike the football team, who seem to play worse in alternate uniforms, the basketball team plays better in alternates. Last year we beat MSU in black and on Saturday we beat the spread against IU (that qualifies as good this season).

Not bad at all IMO.

Really disappointed in these Nike jerseys. I was hoping it would just be the Adidas schools that would have terrible templated alternates this year, but that was too good to be true. I'd give these the edge over last year's Nike alternates since they at least use school colors (in most cases) instead of all being the same color. And I'm happy that we haven't seen one for Illinois yet. Though I guess it helps that the only logo we have is a block I.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Orlando Magic number font

Wow. Lazy is an understatement for this Nike jerseys. They slapped a logo on the front and called it a day. I think it's pretty apparent that the Nike design team does not care about basketball one bit.

They focus there attention on the material and cut of the uniform rather then the design aspects. A logo on the front makes it stand out enough for people to look into it and see the new technology

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

They focus there attention on the material and cut of the uniform rather then the design aspects. A logo on the front makes it stand out enough for people to look into it and see the new technology

There's no way that Nike, a company that has been at the forefront of uniform design and design in general just pushed that aspect aside to focus on the material. Especially since they general public wont care what its made out of, and only how it looks. Plus is the technology that much more advanced that they need a series of jerseys to just draw attention to it?

Design wise I dont like them but to say they aren't designed isn't true. Just not to many of our liking. It seems to be becoming a trend so Nike tapped into that. Inspired by their own work from the 90s, or that awful Spurs jersey.

I do kind of like the idea of pro combat basketball uni's.

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

False. See Pro Combat Rivalry football uniforms.

I find it funny how the preferences of the general member base here for basketball uniforms is way different from football uniforms. I don't think too many people would be shaken up about Nike coming out with a series of uniforms for schools that were plain.

These are pretty much bare-bones basketball jerseys and no one likes em

I find it funny how the preferences of the general member base here for basketball uniforms is way different from football uniforms. I don't think too many people would be shaken up about Nike coming out with a series of uniforms for schools that were plain.

These are pretty much bare-bones basketball jerseys and no one likes em

The issue for me isn't that they are plain. My issues are that they are ugly, use the same template for every team, have a giant logo instead of a word or wordmark and (for Texas, specifically, they use black which has an awful history in Texas basketball uniforms).

Black ops unis for Duke:

BBekHWbCUAAkd2-.jpg

BBekTenCYAEykXb.jpg

I know this Maryland's basic trend, but why can't they just release these at the beginning of the year? Do they even wear their regular ones anymore, or do they release their "pride" uni's and essentially abandon their old stuff...

PICK A F***ING JERSEY!!!!!!

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Archived