College Basketball 2012-13

cajunaggie08

Wright State had there Blackout game tonight. Unfortunately there was some miscommunication with UIC and they wore red. It was difficult to tell teams apart at times

But... Wright State's colors are green and yellow. Even if they wore black, it shouldn't have clashed if UIC wore red. :therock:

It was a you had to be watching it live to see it. This picture doesn't do it justice, but from the front row there were times when I couldn't tell

NXTQLZXYXCUCDDM.20130128043007.jpg

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wright State had there Blackout game tonight. Unfortunately there was some miscommunication with UIC and they wore red. It was difficult to tell teams apart at times

But... Wright State's colors are green and yellow. Even if they wore black, it shouldn't have clashed if UIC wore red. :therock:

It was a you had to be watching it live to see it. This picture doesn't do it justice, but from the front row there were times when I couldn't tell

NXTQLZXYXCUCDDM.20130128043007.jpg

I'm sorry but there is a huge difference between red and black...

Photos have been floating around twitter for a while, but they won't be wearing the twitter handle on the jersey for the game. I highly doubt the NCAA would allow that, especially since they denied Iowa's request for tribute NOBs.

Looks like Kansas is going to be wearing the adidas monotones tonight.

BBsu1t2CcAAsaz7_zpsb8699c11.jpg

Oh those look amaizing.

Seriously? The blues don't match, not enough contrast, the school name has a red outline while the logo has a white outline and you think they look amazing?

The blues don't match because the material on the numbers is different, just like the NBA Christmas Day jerseys. In most lights, it matches. In some, it doesn't. Every color-on-color jersey has had this issue, even black ones.

Those are going to be impossible to read during gameday. How have they not figured that out yet? Or do they just not care.

I thought the NCAA made Purdue change the letters and numbers on their black uniforms a few years ago because they were too hard to read? The letters and numbers were black outlined in gold. Why is the NCAA allowing all these Adidas schools to wear these uniforms?

Maybe the NCAA doesn't mind as much if it's just a one off jersey?

And if KU was still with Nike, they'd be wearing a plain blue jersey with the jayhawk on the front instead of these.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Honesty I think the jerseys have gotten more attention now, than they would have gotten by being worn in a game. Honesty think its a win-win for Iowa, Akron, and any other school that attempts something like this. Either you get your wish and can wear the names, or you get denied by the NCAA and gain some press...

The UCLA ones at least look nicer than the Kansas ones.

Re: UIC/Wright State - it's not an issue of whether your central vision can tell in a still photo. The issue is whether your peripheral vision can tell in live action. Imagine being a guard on a breakaway and having one guy in front of you who comes up to meet you. There's a blur streaking in from your side. Is it your guy or their guy? If the red have giant black panels down the side, I could see it being confusing.

Re: UIC/Wright State - it's not an issue of whether your central vision can tell in a still photo. The issue is whether your peripheral vision can tell in live action. Imagine being a guard on a breakaway and having one guy in front of you who comes up to meet you. There's a blur streaking in from your side. Is it your guy or their guy? If the red have giant black panels down the side, I could see it being confusing.

Those are actually navy blue panels... I feel a need to point that out as one of maybe 6 people here who give a toss about the Horizon League.

Either way, only ONE Horizon League school officially uses black... if you're in the HL and you're not Milwaukee, don't wear it.

Archived