College Basketball 2012-13

cajunaggie08

Way upthread we pondered the death of the circus font. No one who cares about Western Michigan basketball seemed to pay attention, because if they had, we would have seen this image sooner...

Western_Michigan_Gonzaga_Basketball_t620.jpg?161ad8e426d1312361ed5892fdc121cdf327258d

so that's WHAT happened to vandy's old unis......

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That mentions 2 schools who are choosing not to wear the short sleeves, and Wisconsin was neither of them. :censored:. Not only the Badgers, but it sounds like every Adidas school is wearing them? If I interpreted that correctly.

F*** Adidas.

Only 8 teams were chosen Louisville, Baylor, UCLA, Notre Dame were the only ones announced. I'm guessing Michigan will were one with out sleeves because per the article they don't want to were a jersey with sleeves.

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

In regards to the Adidas sleeved unis making an appearance in the tourney...enjoy this little teaser slideshow.

http://withleather.u...en-begin#page/1

Notre-Dame.png

All of them look horrendous. Zubaz/camo patterns all around for no apparent reason and bright highlighter colors. This is becoming a sideshow.

God, they should just keep these covered up! Why do teams agree to wear these?

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

That mentions 2 schools who are choosing not to wear the short sleeves, and Wisconsin was neither of them. :censored:. Not only the Badgers, but it sounds like every Adidas school is wearing them? If I interpreted that correctly.

F*** Adidas.

For the postseason, all of the top-tier Adidas teams (Michigan, UCLA, ND, Tennessee, Indiana, Kansas, Louisville, Wisconsin, Nebraska, etc) were given the option of wearing the new patterned jerseys with the sleeves, a sleeveless version, or to remain with what they had. What you see on the court is a conscious decision made by the school.

For the record, the original plan was for the color-out uniforms to be the Adidas postseason program, until the NCAA ruled that those uniforms did not meet regulations for not having a contrasting number. The regulations are only enforced in the postseason, so they were sent to schools to be rolled out during the season.

Completely ignoring everything else about these monstrosities... What the hell is going on with the spacing between the wordmark and number on the Notre Dame uniform?

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

BEM2CYDCMAAe1ll.jpg

yeahhhhh.... *sigh*

I was expecting better... but I really shouldn't have.

Thank God Illinois is a Nike school!

Absolutely

I'd like to think though, that Illinois wouldn't approve these in the first place. We are better than these... and actually these schools are better than these...

My park rec league team is better than these...

Ugly @$$ fonts through the entire set too. They fattened up UCLA's, which should never change from their traditional jerseys. Kansas spacing is super tight too? Numbers look screen printed too? Look at the reflection on Baylors?

BEM2CYDCMAAe1ll.jpg

yeahhhhh.... *sigh*

I was expecting better... but I really shouldn't have.

Thank God Illinois is a Nike school!

Absolutely

I'd like to think though, that Illinois wouldn't approve these in the first place. We are better than these... and actually these schools are better than these...

My park rec league team is better than these...

Ugly @$$ fonts through the entire set too. They fattened up UCLA's, which should never change from their traditional jerseys. Kansas spacing is super tight too? Numbers look screen printed too? Look at the reflection on Baylors?

Also, what happens when Baylor misses the tourney? Do they wear these in the NIT?

Even UCLA? Really? I'm really glad they won't win it this year because it would be embarrassing got then of all schools to do it wearing these. And is this just the McD's AA game pattern and sleeve stripe applied to each team? Just awful. I'm do glad my school is a Nike school.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived