College Basketball 2012-13

cajunaggie08

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the Michigan VCU game CBS just mentioned that multiple players on Michigan have had their jerseys ripped. If I heard right, the team can't get enough replacements in time, so they'll have to wear versions from last year in the future. LOL

It was reported that too many blue jerseys got ripped against Minnesota, and so if they end up being the lower seeded team going forward (potentially next round) they will be wearing last year's blue uniforms.

This is interesting because they do have a blue version of the adidas 'impact camo' uniforms that they wore for a game in the B1G tourney. I guess they would rather wear out-dated uniforms from last year than the new adidas stripey suits.

This looks like Adidas attempt at cheeky slogans like Nike has done for the CFB Bowls

That's one thing that was bad when Nike did it and is still bad now. Plus, who wants to celebrate making the Sweet 16? I'd get it if this was a mid-major that maybe hasn't been there before or only has made it a couple times, but major teams should be expecting to make the Sweet 16 every year.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

This looks like Adidas attempt at cheeky slogans like Nike has done for the CFB Bowls

That's one thing that was bad when Nike did it and is still bad now. Plus, who wants to celebrate making the Sweet 16? I'd get it if this was a mid-major that maybe hasn't been there before or only has made it a couple times, but major teams should be expecting to make the Sweet 16 every year.

Picture-2.png

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

whats the effect on the auburn hill wordmark? looks like someone colored it in with a marker

It's a decal. Those are scuff marks from the shoes.

Is that right? I thought the whole point with the standardized courts was that there were no longer decals on the court surface.

Iona is wearing black uniforms....dont think they have ever worn these before.

Couple days late on this, but apparently Iona brought out the black uniforms because the NCAA wouldn't allow them to wear their standard road uniforms, which had maroon numbers on a maroon jersey.

whats the effect on the auburn hill wordmark? looks like someone colored it in with a marker

It's a decal. Those are scuff marks from the shoes.

Is that right? I thought the whole point with the standardized courts was that there were no longer decals on the court surface.

They're no longer on the playing surface, but they still use them on the baselines. They use decals because they reuse the floors in different cities. It's cheaper to use decals than to repaint the baselines every year.

Archived