College Basketball 2012-13

cajunaggie08

I miss the old days when they played on schools regular floor. I liked seeing schools logos that you didn't normally see during the year.

They're no longer on the playing surface, but they still use them on the baselines. They use decals because they reuse the floors in different cities. It's cheaper to use decals than to repaint the baselines every year.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Old Miss have different templates for their home and away? Looks like the old Nike SoD template for the aways and the newer Nike template for the homes.

Yes. And the road blues and the road reds are different templates, too.

In the Michigan VCU game CBS just mentioned that multiple players on Michigan have had their jerseys ripped. If I heard right, the team can't get enough replacements in time, so they'll have to wear versions from last year in the future. LOL

I really don't know what's going on with those Michigan jerseys. They wear the exact same jersey in material and cut as every other adidas school in the NCAA and we haven't heard of any other team having problems.

In the Michigan VCU game CBS just mentioned that multiple players on Michigan have had their jerseys ripped. If I heard right, the team can't get enough replacements in time, so they'll have to wear versions from last year in the future. LOL

I really don't know what's going on with those Michigan jerseys. They wear the exact same jersey in material and cut as every other adidas school in the NCAA and we haven't heard of any other team having problems.

Most teams didn't have VCU players "clutching and grabbing" them all game.

But couldn't Michigan just wear their maize jerseys if they end up being the home team again? Unless they have something against wearing maize in the tournament, that seems like a better option than wearing old uniforms.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Most teams didn't have VCU players "clutching and grabbing" them all game.

But couldn't Michigan just wear their maize jerseys if they end up being the home team again? Unless they have something against wearing maize in the tournament, that seems like a better option than wearing old uniforms.

No, the NCAA rules are white vs. dark for tournament games. The maize uniforms are done for this year.

Also, I like last year's road blues better than this year's so I'm fine with my boys wearing them instead. Just don't wear those stupid blue boardshorts against Kansas.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

No, the NCAA rules are white vs. dark for tournament games. The maize uniforms are done for this year.

Marquette wore yellow against Butler who wore navy last round.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Did the NCAA change the rules about arena banners? They used to make them be rolled up or taken down or something but you could clearly see the Flyers/Sixers ones in Philly and the Sharks ones in San Jose.

The Texas banners were completely removed for the Austin regional. Never seen the rule. Maybe it only applies to schools?

Rumor has it Southern Mississippi might be sporting new uniforms in tonight's NIT game vs. BYU. Designed by Russell, a change from Nike.

changing uniform manufacturer mid season? not sure that will ever happen.

That was my thought, too. And this isn't even mid season, it is during the post season. Most college apparel contracts are through June/July IIRC.

Did the NCAA change the rules about arena banners? They used to make them be rolled up or taken down or something but you could clearly see the Flyers/Sixers ones in Philly and the Sharks ones in San Jose.

The Texas banners were completely removed for the Austin regional. Never seen the rule. Maybe it only applies to schools?

At one time it only applied to pro arenas. Expanded to all sites at some point, but has not been done at some sites the last two years, so I'm not sure what the current policy is. Could be that it is no longer a rule at all, but the folks in Austin were accustomed to taking down the banners in past years and did so out of habit.

I'm only familiar with bids for the women's tournament, which requires all ads to be covered (even those of NCAA partners), but not banners. The ad deal is easier now since 90% of what we have at UT is LED signage.

I'm only familiar with bids for the women's tournament, which requires all ads to be covered (even those of NCAA partners), but not banners. The ad deal is easier now since 90% of what we have at UT is LED signage.

Well as Im sure applies to most Arenas....UD Arena covers up there Coke ads because its the local Coke bottling company that pays for the AD not the National one

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

Well as Im sure applies to most Arenas....UD Arena covers up there Coke ads because its the local Coke bottling company that pays for the AD not the National one

The NCAA needs to lay off this, I mean what's the harm? And it's costing them $$$$ and time.

Why? It is called business, son. If you do not want to try to abide by the terms, then amend them or do not bid.

That is like saying that if the band's tour rider has specific information and the venue does not follow it, it is the fault of the artist for requesting it.

Here is the PDF for the 2014-15 Preliminary Round Specifications. Pages 14-16 explain what is required of the venue.

However, the venue and the host school can ammend the contract for certain items. Venues know what they are getting into, plus the NCAA is not letting their "Corporate Champions/Partners" get more and more TV airtime starting this year.

Sports Business Journal profiled the NCAA's intent to make their partners more visible in December.

In prior years, we only say the coolers/cups with Powerade (or Vitamin Water in some years) logos courtside. Now, we see the LED scorer's table with the logos of AT&T, Capital One, and Lowe's during game action, like it was an NBA game.

From the SBJ story:

Since the courtside rights — other than Powerade — have never been available to rights holders and sponsors in the past, the NCAA is working with Turner and CBS to determine how those rights will be managed and sold to corporate partners. CBS and Turner pay an average of $786 million a year for the NCAA’s rights as part of a 14-year, $11 billion deal. The highest level of sponsors, such as Coca-Cola, a corporate champion, can spend as much as $30 million or more a year because it owns so many categories. At the partner level, those deals range from the high seven figures to low eight figures annually.

Archived