College Basketball 2012-13

cajunaggie08

The same design as the rest of the Adidas schools are getting this season. What a surprise.

But they all have a niffty cool new gradient that's unique to each team that can only been seen with a microscope. They are all totally different now...

Adidas is so tied to these d@mn templates, it absolutely pisses me off! I don't understand how you can be this lazy, and these schools not care. Especially in the world of 1000 alternates for recruits! This is 1000000x worse than having a bunch of different jerseys. It just proves they dont care... They'd rather churn our every GD combo for Maryland football, and run tradition into the ground AND THEN half @$$ their way into mass producing some uninspired template that receives about 1 min of thought. Change the color, put their F!!!ING 3 stripes on it and call it a day! And people wonder why when Nike tries something new, everyone faints. It because we have to deal with this garbage from the other companies. Give me Russell before Adidas...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The same design as the rest of the Adidas schools are getting this season. What a surprise.

But they all have a niffty cool new gradient that's unique to each team that can only been seen with a microscope. They are all totally different now...

Adidas is so tied to these d@mn templates, it absolutely pisses me off! I don't understand how you can be this lazy, and these schools not care. Especially in the world of 1000 alternates for recruits! This is 1000000x worse than having a bunch of different jerseys. It just proves they dont care... They'd rather churn our every GD combo for Maryland football, and run tradition into the ground AND THEN half @$$ their way into mass producing some uninspired template that receives about 1 min of thought. Change the color, put their F!!!ING 3 stripes on it and call it a day! And people wonder why when Nike tries something new, everyone faints. It because we have to deal with this garbage from the other companies. Give me Russell before Adidas...

For what it's worth, Maryland football is Under Armour.

But I totally understand your point.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

For all the :censored: that people on here give Nike (sometimes well-deserved, sometimes only because AAHHH EVIL MODERN UNIFORM BAD), you don't see them resorting to lame click-and-fill templates unless the school is ordering them from a catalog. It's obvious that Nike puts a lot of time and research into their designs, even if the results aren't always the greatest. Under Armour has started to do the same, to their credit.

But then Adidas comes out with boring football jerseys with big ugly letters on the front and the same boring template for every basketball program they outfit, and people practically kiss the ground they walk on (compared to what gets said about Nike on here on a daily basis). I don't understand it.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

adidas "Bleed Out" line is coming. See PDF.

Why is Alabama, Syracuse, UConn, Iowa, Oregon State and Alabama in this style guide? They are all Nike schools the last time I checked.

Missouri is there as well. I see shirts and fan apparel from Adidas, Under Armour, Nike, etc. for them all the time. The schools may be Nike in football, basketball, and other sports, but Nike doesn't have exclusive rights to make all the merch.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Why is Alabama, Syracuse, UConn, Iowa, Oregon State and Alabama in this style guide? They are all Nike schools the last time I checked.

Missouri is there as well. I see shirts and fan apparel from Adidas, Under Armour, Nike, etc. for them all the time. The schools may be Nike in football, basketball, and other sports, but Nike doesn't have exclusive rights to make all the merch.

I have seen generic companies make college themed apparel, but I never seen a company like Adidas make anything from a Nike school as I have never seen Nike create apparel from an Adidas school.

spacer.png

I have seen generic companies make college themed apparel, but I never seen a company like Adidas make anything from a Nike school as I have never seen Nike create apparel from an Adidas school.

I have an Under Armour Miami shirt and someone bought me an Adidas FSU shirt...

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

For all the :censored: that people on here give Nike (sometimes well-deserved, sometimes only because AAHHH EVIL MODERN UNIFORM BAD), you don't see them resorting to lame click-and-fill templates unless the school is ordering them from a catalog. It's obvious that Nike puts a lot of time and research into their designs, even if the results aren't always the greatest. Under Armour has started to do the same, to their credit.

But then Adidas comes out with boring football jerseys with big ugly letters on the front and the same boring template for every basketball program they outfit, and people practically kiss the ground they walk on (compared to what gets said about Nike on here on a daily basis). I don't understand it.

While I definitely agree with you about Adidas, Nike did the same thing with the NFL. Because of their jersey cut, the Bengals shoulder striping looks pretty weird (not to mention the dumb collar style). There's a bunch of schools in the NCAA that have the same thing going on.

Happens all the time. The TCU bookstore has tons of adidas and UA stuff. Nike still makes Texas Tech and A&M gear.

2.jpg

... seriously, though. That "M" looks way too much like Miami (OH)'s "M":

logoU_Miami-of-Ohio.jpg

From a distance that little stripe on the bottom doesn't read as the state flag. And I absolutely hate how the turtle is being pushed aside in favor of a bland-looking wordmark just because the turtle's design featured the "old" typeface.

Provide some examples.

I have a Nike Mississippi State hat, and they are an adidas school, have been for 5 years.

I have a Nike Mississippi State hat, and they are an adidas school, have been for 5 years.

how old is that hat? MissSt used to be a Nike school.

Clearly I was mistaken. I have just never seen any Kentucky gear made by someone other than Nike or small unknown companies.

spacer.png

Archived