NBA Redesign Part II

floydnimrod

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in the process of fixing teams/working one teams/working on school stuff, but don't worry, I'll get the necessary updates posted.

In the meantime, here's the Miami Heat. I wanted something modern, but not too modern. I feel like this is what Nike would try with the heat scripts (the font reminds of me of something Nike used). I went with the same font for the numbers. As you can probably tell, I changed the color scheme, to fit more of a flame color.

miamiheat.png

For the Pacers I wanted to go back to the uniforms from the mid to late 80s, but still keep the Navy instead of Royal Blue (another team in the series will have Royal Blue and Yellow). I didn't want to copy the uniform exactly, so I added a little something to the shorts to represent the logo. As for the numbers on the shorts, I wanted to do something a little "race car-ish," and that's what the numbers are: the side numbers on a race car.

indianapacers.png

The Atlanta Hawks will be posted next.

Love these tops!

ujsignature.png

really like what you've done with the Pacers and Magic. on the Magic though the word mark on the jersey is too low, its creating a tangent with the point of the star. and keep the Magic's word mark as it was, what you've done with "Orlando" is pretty bad

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• 2 weeks later...

Here's mt Portland concept. I wanted to use a new font, and I wanted to use a new color scheme. I used the current Cincinnati Reds font for numbers and wordmarks, as I think it gives the team a more 'Western' look. I was going to use black and gold before I used it for Brooklyn, and then Black and Orange (which I'm using for Charlotte), so I settled for Maroon, Gray, & Black.

In terms of Jersey design, I added the striping to the back of the uniform, though it does create a weird look when 'connecting' to the shorts. I also moved the thin gray stripe to in between the colored stripes on the jerseys.

Should I keep it the same? Remove the back jersey stripe? Remove the shorts stripe?

portlandtrailblazers.png

Let me know what you think!

I'll post the Hornets, and hopefully some updates, this weekend.

Just wanna say that your whole concept has been very solid. More hits than misses. Keep it up; I wanna see what you do with New Orleans!

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

For New Orleans, I think making the sleeve stripes yellow would help, so I'll get going on that.

In the meantime, here's my concept for the Minnesota Timberwolves.

minnesotatimberwolves.png

I have a "backup concept" that eliminates the black and brings more green/gray into the mix. I don'y know which ones works best. Let me know if you'd like to see it.

In the meantime, here's my concept for the Minnesota Timberwolves.

minnesotatimberwolves.png

I don't know if it is the shade of green used or the line weight but the green trim kind of resembles green mold growing on the white parts of the jersey. The green and white don't go well together.

Archived