Lights Out's NFL: Revisited

Lights Out

I think the hot pink actually looks really good, I also wish some major pro team would use it, and the Panthers offer a good opportunity. Pants striping also looks great. The one thing I don't like is the number font. I don't think it's so much the font itself, but the fact that it is tilted on its side a little, try standing it upright and I think it will look better. Nice, daring job on this set.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Light's Out, I would just like to say, this is probably the single greatest NFL concept thread I've ever seen. You've come a long way, and I would dare say you are now one of the best CCSLC has to offer, even though that might not mean much coming from me. Major props, I hope you continue. :)

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

The Panthers are definitely the only team that could pull of a pink identity, for obvious reasons.

I'm also not crazy about the Bills adopting the Sabres colors. The Bills actually have a good history and huge fanbase for the size of their market. They needs to keep their own identity.

87Redskins.png

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS

9PTHO.png

o8Gra.png

Unlike most people on here, I actually like the direction that the Jaguars took on their current uniforms. Unfortunately, however, the execution on the real uniforms is somewhat lacking. For this concept, I kept the general idea of their current striping pattern, but added touches of gold here and there and made the striping connect on the back of the jersey. I kept the custom number and NOB font but made the numbers match the wordmarks better. On the road jersey, I brought back the teal numbers from their glory days. I kept my absolute favorite part of the Jags' redesign, the teal-flaked helmets, and also gave the pants a teal sheen to match. I also added in a subtle jaguar-spotted panel on the sides. I couldn't quite make this design work on the ProCombat template, so I went traditional.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

CINCINNATI BENGALS

x2iPh.png

WGFnD.png

If the Cowboys have the league's ugliest mess of an identity, the Bengals are neck-and-neck with the Patriots for second-ugliest. I'd say the Bengals' current uniforms were dated, but they were never in style in the first place. Their current font is too similar to the Bears', and the design features many of the same unnecessary elements that Reebok ironically forced into the NHL's "Edge" uniforms a few years later - awkward panels, seemingly-random coloration, and a design that just doesn't flow together. It's a damn shame that one of the best helmets in the NFL is currently wasted on one of the league's worst uniforms.

I got rid of all the ugliness and went back to their classic uniforms - tiger-striped blocks on the shoulders and pants. I kept the current wordmarks and used them on the chest, while selecting number and NOB fonts that I felt looked good with the wordmarks. I also brought back the black pants from 2003, but instead of a black monochrome combo, they'd be strictly for use on the road.

(The tiger stripes came from this graphic, for the record.)

I like this because it's exactly what they would be wearing. The only update from the 80's set are the black socks with the black jersey (good move) and the number font. I wouldn't have gone with that font myself, but it sorta looks like a version of the champion font they wore at the time.

This would look really good with an orange alternate too.

Nice work.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I really like the direction you went with the Jaguars, I never liked their old set too much. The one thing I don't like is that the stripes on the jersey extend into that horizontal line on the back, that just looks sorta out of place. Really nice job here.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

ST. LOUIS RAMS

nicqe.png

nyBkD.png

The Rams currently have one of the most boring, dreary uniform sets in the entire league. Their unnecessarily-dark colors look horrible, especially in the cavernous dome they play in, and the striping is really stale and generic. Their current uniforms also come with the baggage of early playoff losses to the Saints (who had never won a playoff game before) and Vick's Falcons, a Super Bowl chokejob to the Patriots, Warner leaving, Bulger's career being wrecked by injuries, losing out on a playoff spot to the 7-9 Seahawks, etc. I decided to bring back their Greatest Show on Turf-era uniforms, as those are iconic and have a better color scheme. Everything stays largely the same as it used to be, other than the custom name and number fonts.

Spot on. I was going for a different approach than you but with the ram horns on the sleeves idea.

ARIZONA CARDINALS

vybCd.png

7WO7d.png

The Cardinals' identity is another trainwreck from the era of obnoxious Reebok piping and panels. Even their updated logo doesn't look good compared to the classic bird. For this concept, I decided to bring back the sleeve design from their early-'90s road uniforms while also applying it to the home uniforms. Were those sleeves cluttered? Absolutely... but the clutter was part of its charm, IMO. I kept their custom font and current wordmarks as those look fine the way they are. Finally, as with the Lions, I decided to take a risk on a zany helmet. I think it works better than their boring white helmet with gray facemask.

Could of do without the red helmets. It looks to Arena Footbally or more so like how the college football helmets are now.

ATLANTA FALCONS

p7sNK.png

zQG4M.png

Atlanta's current uniforms were decent when they first came out, but quickly became stale. Arizona switching to similar uniforms didn't help matters. I decided to freshen up Atlanta's look and simplify it a bit. Firstly, I decided to go back to the Jerry Glanville-inspired black-dominant color scheme, because it's more distinctive. Secondly, I used shoulder striping based around the logo, and thirdly, I used a custom inlined number font that matches better with the wordmarks.

Hmmmm. Not quite well. Go back to the block numbers and keep the silver pants though. A minor fix and it will be great.

NEW YORK JETS

eFaVp.png

XG5Ms.png

This is another concept that I felt worked better on a non-ProCombat template. This is basically a modernized version of their current uniform, but the striping pattern is more horizontal and looks better on a modern uniform cut. The kelly green, black, and '70s logo return, and the jet is used prominently as striping. I also used a custom font that matches better with the wordmark.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

NEW YORK JETS

eFaVp.png

XG5Ms.png

This is another concept that I felt worked better on a non-ProCombat template. This is basically a modernized version of their current uniform, but the striping pattern is more horizontal and looks better on a modern uniform cut. The kelly green, black, and '70s logo return, and the jet is used prominently as striping. I also used a custom font that matches better with the wordmark.

I think it'd be better to just keep 'Jets' underneath instead of 'NY'. Would seem to just be copying the Giants.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

While I dislike the Jags striping, I think you did just about as good of a job as you could with it. I especially love the pants.

The Jets are amazing. I cringed at first, but after looking at it more, I love the direction you went. I always loved their 80s color scheme and logo better.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived