And I thought Texas' practice unis were bad...

gdu

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3. Fat guys in short shorts so tight you can practically guess the player's religion with a passing glance is never an appealing look.

mal-just-shut-up.gif

Kev, I'm worried you've been watching a little too much shot put as of late.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

judging by the childish reactions, I'm assuming all of you that are shocked are under the age of 30 at "shorts & pads" practices the cutoff football pants were the norm from the 60's and well through the 80's and may have even trickled into the 90's. it really wasn't until the thigh length spandex girdle (bike early compression gear) with the pad pockets started hitting the market that actual gym shorts were worn on shorts & pads days.

s-hit some even coaches used to rock the polyester cutoffs back in the day...some of you really need to learn your history as the shoe companies have spoiled everyone into thinking there is an accessory or performance article of clothing that is 100% tailored for every possible activity and condition related to practice & games of every specific sport.

1. I'm a man. I'm 33.

2. Both the jerseys and shorts pictured are, in fact, articles of clothing specifically designed by a major athletic company for college football practices. These are not repurposed cutoffs or hand-me-downs.

3. Fat guys in short shorts so tight you can practically guess the player's religion with a passing glance is never an appealing look.

4. No one wants to see a picture of you in comparable shorts as evidence that such a look was once prevalent, so let's preemptively nip that in the bud.

2. Are you sure about the shorts? They look like they might be repurposed game pants that were cut short. It could be the seams extending, or it's fraying from the shorts. Hard to tell.

I obviously don't know for certain but I'm 90% sure these ARE cutoff pants, I'm assuming repurposed game pants. In all honesty I don't see why it's a big deal. Yes they're short but they're no tighter than what all these players wear in games. I think its a much smaller deal than some are making it.

I was thinking that they were cutoffs as well. The hems are too ragged in some instances. You're right, though. Y'all are acting like you've never seen a man's thigh before. Good thing you don't live in Europe.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Kev, I'm worried you've been watching a little too much shot put as of late.

Like you haven't been watching beach volleyball with interest.

Just stay away from gymnastics. Eww.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

judging by the childish reactions, I'm assuming all of you that are shocked are under the age of 30 at "shorts & pads" practices the cutoff football pants were the norm from the 60's and well through the 80's and may have even trickled into the 90's. it really wasn't until the thigh length spandex girdle (bike early compression gear) with the pad pockets started hitting the market that actual gym shorts were worn on shorts & pads days.

s-hit some even coaches used to rock the polyester cutoffs back in the day...some of you really need to learn your history as the shoe companies have spoiled everyone into thinking there is an accessory or performance article of clothing that is 100% tailored for every possible activity and condition related to practice & games of every specific sport.

1. I'm a man. I'm 33.

2. Both the jerseys and shorts pictured are, in fact, articles of clothing specifically designed by a major athletic company for college football practices. These are not repurposed cutoffs or hand-me-downs.

4. No one wants to see a picture of you in comparable shorts as evidence that such a look was once prevalent, so let's preemptively nip that in the bud.

if you're 33 you should know better than to run your mouth since everything I stated was correct...you obviously know nothing about the history of the sport nor have been through 2 a days as all of those photos would have been commonplace to a punk like you.

p.s. not sure if you've ever been to a football practice (intramural coed flag doesn't count) but 50% of football practice is fat sweaty guys running around and visually unappealing...as a matter of fact it can be downright disgusting.

I hate to be that guy that says this, but lighten up, man.

patriotssignature.png

if you're 33 you should know better than to run your mouth since everything I stated was correct...you obviously know nothing about the history of the sport nor have been through 2 a days as all of those photos would have been commonplace to a punk like you.

p.s. not sure if you've ever been to a football practice (intramural coed flag doesn't count) but 50% of football practice is fat sweaty guys running around and visually unappealing...as a matter of fact it can be downright disgusting.

"If I insult the other person enough, that means I win, right?"

Riatt.png

If the taped up cheerleader "Oh look my shirts too big, let me scrunch the shoulders with tape!" look doesn't give away to the fact that this is hazing, I seriously doubt some of the rational thought you guys possess....

so was ochocinco being hazed, too?

chad-johnson-zuma2.jpg

Many teams wear shorts similar to this...

No, they don't. And they haven't for a little over 20 years.

I can't say many teams do it, but LSU does.

august-2-2012.jpg

The LSU pants are at least 6 inches longer. No comparison IMO.

If the taped up cheerleader "Oh look my shirts too big, let me scrunch the shoulders with tape!" look doesn't give away to the fact that this is hazing, I seriously doubt some of the rational thought you guys possess....

so was ochocinco being hazed, too?

chad-johnson-zuma2.jpg

No, he just insisted on looking like an idiot. Or the equipment staff only had a jersey in his number four sizes too large...

august-2-2012.jpg

It looks like they're just wearing girdles.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

august-2-2012.jpg

It looks like they're just wearing girdles.

Nope. Just cheap, shiny nike football pants w/o pads. Been doing it for years.

1. I'm a man. I'm 33.

I hate to be that guy that says this, but lighten up, man.

you just made the list.

Archived