2012 NFL Throwbacks

tohasbo

The only kind of pie I really like is pumpkin pie. I will eat an occasional piece of apple pie, but that's about it. Other than cheesecake, I'm not a big fan of cake either.

Cheesecake is a pie!

What about a nice pecan pie?

I'm going to go ahead and coin the phrase "piejacked".

And since these posts will likely be split off into a piejack thread, I will say that pecan pie is freaking awesome. Heated up with a scoop of vanilla on top is even better.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only kind of pie I really like is pumpkin pie. I will eat an occasional piece of apple pie, but that's about it. Other than cheesecake, I'm not a big fan of cake either.

Cheesecake is a pie!

Oh, Lord, pecan pie is a beautiful creature,

If you don't know what chess pie is, head to a southern state, get one, and find yourself another reason to live.

Chess pie? Do you mean cheese pie?

I also love key lime pie. You scrape the whipped cream off and then scrape the pie filling off and then, and only then, do you eat the crust.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I love the Jets "Titans" throwbacks...

...And?

...and since there was a few people mentioning their hatred for said uniform, i put my two cents in.

Do you have a problem with this? Does this bother you? I certainly hope not. Comments on a message board about a team's uniform should not evoke such stirring emotions from a grown man.

No. You ended the sentence with an ellipse, so I thought you had more to say. And my emotions are hardly stirred.

This exchange highlights the perils of message boards/texting/email etc. as a primary communications method. I see Old Roman's point, the ... would've also left me wondering what came next. And JQK, I'm not bashing you but while I see your POV to a point, not sure how you got Old Roman as bowing up and throwing down out of that.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Chess pie? Do you mean cheese pie?

I also love key lime pie. You scrape the whipped cream off and then scrape the pie filling off and then, and only then, do you eat the crust.

Oh, no... I mean Chess Pie!

From wiki...

"Chess pie is a dessert characteristic of Southern U.S. cuisine. According to James Beard's American Cookery (1972) chess pie was brought from England originally, and was found in New England as well as Virginia. Recipes vary, but are generally similar in that they call for the preparation of a single crust and a filling composed of eggs, butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. What sets chess pie apart from many other custard pies is the addition of corn meal. Some recipes also call for corn syrup, which tends to create a more gelatinous consistency. The pie is then baked. The finished product is often consumed with coffee"

Greatest pie ever.

Cheesecake is a pie!

Yet it's called cake? :blink: Well, I guess that means I like two kinds of pie now. Pecan pie is not for me. You know, I've never tried sweet potato pie. I wonder if it's any good.

EDIT: I used to like chocolate pie. No idea when or why I stopped liking it. And how could I forget coconut cream pie? That's three.

BB52Big.jpg

Cheesecake is a pie!

Oh, Lord, pecan pie is a beautiful creature,

If you don't know what chess pie is, head to a southern state, get one, and find yourself another reason to live.

GOD. YES. I can't get enough of Pecan and Chess pie. Proud Southerner here. :D

But I'm sure they prefer a Boston cream pie. I don't. Too rich!

I also sort of turned my back on the banana cream pie. Had kind of a bad one with gross bananas, and haven't been back since. Lemon meringue pie has never done me wrong, at least.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

There better damn well be a pie segment on this week's Logocast, or I'm cancelling my subscription.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This is a brilliant idea... anytime a thread gets too out of control, say Spleen and Nuordr are arguing over which of them is less extreme, we just launch a Piejack! Problem solved.

(By the way, I can't believe it took us this long to get to Lemon meringue! Damn, I may have to go buy one!)

• 3 months later...

I just want the Titans' Oilers throwbacks from 2009 to come back!

Apparently the fans in Tennessee don't like the Titans to wear them because they're no longer the Houston Oilers and the first few seasons when they played in Memphis they didn't have an identity of their own. I had long wished that the Houston team would have got the Cleveland deal and kept their colors, logo, and history when they returned to the NFL in 2002.

The fans in Houston don't want anything to do with them, which for those reasons they were the lowest selling team-apparel of the 8 teams from the AFL-50 Legacy season in 2009. Even worse than Denver's if you can believe that one.

Archived