Locker Room thread

gdu

I like that Minnesota has the biggest locker room in the NCCA. Compensating much, Gophers?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And to show I'm not playing favorites. Here is Texas' locker room.

5932708.jpeg

If I'm not mistaken, that is the old locker room and Texas' was rennovated prior to last season.

Its the pic I pulled off of Texas football website. The caption under it states that the locker room was rennovated in 2011. I would guess its an accurate pic or Texas needs to update their website.

TCU went really basic with the locker room. It will be interesting to see how things turn out with it since the locker room is on the same level as the main concourse and the only barrier between it and the concourse is a fogged out window. That wasn't really thought out. There are a lot of TVs in there though.

Really digging the mirrored logo on the ceiling and carpet.

Meh... it's old now that almost every school that remodels their locker room ends up using at least half of that same exact idea.

starting to see that now too. it looked cool with Minnesota because it was the first one i saw like that, then there was Texas and im getting the feeling its more common than i thought. they're all well done though

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Meh... it's old now that almost every school that remodels their locker room ends up using at least half of that same exact idea.

starting to see that now too. it looked cool with Minnesota because it was the first one i saw like that, then there was Texas and im getting the feeling its more common than i thought. they're all well done though

Texas had it before Minnesota. They installed the Longhorn in the carpet (below the ceiling Longhorn) after winning the Rose Bowl. The coach of Minnesota when they designed their new lockerroom was former Texas assistant, Time Brewster.

And to show I'm not playing favorites. Here is Texas' locker room.

5932708.jpeg

If I'm not mistaken, that is the old locker room and Texas' was rennovated prior to last season.

Its the pic I pulled off of Texas football website. The caption under it states that the locker room was rennovated in 2011. I would guess its an accurate pic or Texas needs to update their website.

Looks like you are right. I hadn't been in the locker room since they were doing the rennovations. I figured it would look a little more different than it did. Here is a pic from 2005:

UT%20locker_room.jpg

Please, no one post Penn State's locker room!

Interesting what the Gophers did with roping off their logo. "No one step on the M!"

That's a good thing, if someone were to accidentally step on the logo they might actually win more than 7 games in a season.

Tf9TG.jpg

Interesting what the Gophers did with roping off their logo. "No one step on the M!"

That's a good thing, if someone were to accidentally step on the logo they might actually win more than 7 games in a season.

i think they will still win 6-7 games a year

they get indiana and purdue every season (VERY winnable) , plus hawaii if they can schedule that, plus four other games against maybe lackluster opponents and you have a winning season; O'Brien is also an excellent coach from what i have seen and i wouldnt rule out an upset either; they have the facilities to keep their players trained and ready to play. most teams play maybe 40-50 guys a year anyway

EDIT: whoops thought you were talking about Penn St

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

they get indiana and purdue every season (VERY winnable) , plus hawaii if they can schedule that, plus four other games against maybe lackluster opponents and you have a winning season; O'Brien is also an excellent coach from what i have seen and i wouldnt rule out an upset either; they have the facilities to keep their players trained and ready to play. most teams play maybe 40-50 guys a year anyway

O'Brien has never been a coach, he's been a coordinator. And they're going to be terrible and fast. They wont get any good recruits for the next two years (why would you go to a school that can't play a post season game or even win a league championship?) and their poor play will lead to even more players not wanting to go there. Joe Pa's corpse isn't around that program anymore so there goes their biggest recruiting ploy.

Look at what happened to IUBB a few years ago, a coach got fired, a few scholarships got taken away and a few players and recruits bailed for greener pastures. It took IU three years to get back to national prominence and that's with a coach who came in with a proven track record at creating NBA prospects and competitive NCAA tourney teams.

Take all that and multiply it by x1000 and you have what the NCAA did to PSU. This is the slow death penalty. I expect this to cripple the program for possibly a decade, even if they have a decent showing this year, but they might never fully recover.

Appalachian State:

SLFTWNADEXMMWBI.20091029170447.jpg?DB_OEM_ID=21500

CGJBEIGVZFFESTX.20090911014142.jpg

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

O'Brien has never been a coach, he's been a coordinator. And they're going to be terrible and fast. They wont get any good recruits for the next two years (why would you go to a school that can't play a post season game or even win a league championship?) and their poor play will lead to even more players not wanting to go there. Joe Pa's corpse isn't around that program anymore so there goes their biggest recruiting ploy.

Look at what happened to IUBB a few years ago, a coach got fired, a few scholarships got taken away and a few players and recruits bailed for greener pastures. It took IU three years to get back to national prominence and that's with a coach who came in with a proven track record at creating NBA prospects and competitive NCAA tourney teams.

Take all that and multiply it by x1000 and you have what the NCAA did to PSU. This is the slow death penalty. I expect this to cripple the program for possibly a decade, even if they have a decent showing this year, but they might never fully recover.

this is a BCS PROGRAM though, not a lower tier program. they have way more resources than IUBB (cant even tell you what that stands for) , and O'Brien was a hell of a coach (coordinators COACH their players as well) in the NFL otherwise he wouldn't of had the job in the highest tier of football.

lets wait til after year 1 before we jump to conclusions.

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Oregons is ridiculous. Awesome graphics. Everything just wow. Well it's impressive if that can even be considered a locker room

They have a freaking 2 story locker room.

:blink:

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

this is a BCS PROGRAM though, not a lower tier program. they have way more resources than IUBB (cant even tell you what that stands for) , and O'Brien was a hell of a coach (coordinators COACH their players as well) in the NFL otherwise he wouldn't of had the job in the highest tier of football.

lets wait til after year 1 before we jump to conclusions.

Indiana University Basketball. The comparison is direct and apt. Coordinators in the NFL don't hire, recruit or coach anything other than their specialty. See: Charlie Weiss. And year one wont be a good barometer, year two and three will.

This isn't a good place for this convo, so I'm done with it here. PM me or let it go.

Back to regularly scheduled locker shots.

Yep, Okie State does the same thing... Still a great looking locker room tho.

120531-locker-room-16x9-12p.nbcsports-story-612.jpg

cowboys1.jpg

90758391980.gif

Texas had it before Minnesota. They installed the Longhorn in the carpet (below the ceiling Longhorn) after winning the Rose Bowl. The coach of Minnesota when they designed their new lockerroom was former Texas assistant, Time Brewster.

i just meant in this thread, i have never seen either before today. looking at them more theres no way id walk under one of those things. id be afraid it would fall on me.

/logophobia

new idea! does anyone have their logo on the ceiling with lights inside it so it shines on the floor instead of being sewn into the carpet? if not ©Brandon Moore 2012

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived