Locker Room thread

gdu

Wow, a lot of these places are freaking beautiful. And Oregon's of course is absurdly nicely done. Sensors in the room to match the outdoor lights? What didn't they think of?

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had our logo on the floor of our locker room in high school and we weren't allowed to step on it. Dumbest thing ever. Don't put it on the floor if you don't want people to step on it.

PvO6ZWJ.png

We had our logo on the floor of our locker room in high school and we weren't allowed to step on it. Dumbest thing ever. Don't put it on the floor if you don't want people to step on it.

It doesn't get any more hokey than "don't step on the logo, it's bad luck".

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Funny you say that as Virginia Tech doesn't have their logo on the floor of their locker room. upside.gif

Funny you say that as Virginia Tech doesn't have their logo on the floor of their locker room. upside.gif

pics or it didnt happen!

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Did it ever occur to y'all that it might just be a discipline thing?

This type of thing is common in basic training barracks (as well as many combat line units). My barracks had our platoon logo painted onto the middle of our floor; grunt terminology calls it the "kill zone". No one except Drill Sergeants were allowed on it (not even our Company Commander was allowed on my platoon's particular kill zone). Any part of the sole of your boot even slightly nibbed the edge of the paint?40 push-ups, off-top. (It should be noted here that, unless the new one has gone into effect by now, 40 push-ups in two minutes is the minimum standard for males age 17-26 [?] for the current [?] Army Physical Fitness Test...so imagine doing an impromptu 40 for violating the kill zone.) Anyway, that's what I'm reminded of when I see those logos on the floor like that. It also makes perfect sense in football..."out if bounds", anyone?

(By the way, I'd also like to say this thread was my idea?yep yep. :P)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I hear that Auburn has the Crimson Tide logo etched into their toilets.

:vaderandluke:

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

For the first few years you could step on the Blue Jackets logo and they sucked. Then good old Cap'n Adam Foote made everyone stop and they still sucked. It's carried on to this day, and now they suck even more.

Stepping on a logo isn't good or bad luck. If you suck, you suck.

Manchester-City-icon.png

I hear that Auburn has the Crimson Tide logo etched into their toilets.

:vaderandluke:

Um, That's false, unless they've added those since when I was in there last year...

Oh no, it's totally true. I was in no way, shape, or form being any bit sarcastic. Far be it from me to make a joke online. :boogie:

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

This has been a college thread so far ... but in the big league, the Jags just dropped $3mil on renovating their locker room.

JaguarsCampLockerRoom_0.jpg

video tour: http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Jaguars-locker-room-tour/9dadaa72-8824-434e-a75f-42913d28bd1b

Damn. You think they'd at least take a picture that doesn't have a redskins player on the tv screen(s).

Nice revonation by the Jaguars, but that logo rendition on the ceiling looks so cheap. It's like the "IKEA version" of what other teams have done.

Atleast hire a sign company to produce some 3D level to it, and place it in the center of the damn space...

This has been a college thread so far ... but in the big league, the Jags just dropped $3mil on renovating their locker room.

JaguarsCampLockerRoom_0.jpg

video tour: http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Jaguars-locker-room-tour/9dadaa72-8824-434e-a75f-42913d28bd1b

Why did they spend all that money when they will be in LA in a few years.

Most likely because they plan on being in Jacksonville in a few years

Manchester-City-icon.png

yeah. is it also bad luck to step on the logo on the field?

Archived