Houston Texans Concepts

cajunaggie08

I went to the Texans' practice this past weekend and they had a display commemorating the team's 10th anniversary. One of the items was a logo concepts sheet. The top of the sheet had variations of the now primary logo while the rest seem to be attempts at finding a secondary logo (which they still haven't found a good one.) sorry for the poor pic quality as it was a rather sunny morning, but the sheets were framed under a tent so the glare was terrible. Another item of note that was on display was a recept for the team sent from the NFL to Texans' owner Bob McNair showing that their invoice was paid in full. Gotta be a nice feeling to be able to clear a $700,000,000 check.

4da30731.jpg

3500738a.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The below logo was "introduced" in 2006. It just sort of appeared one day. It's used very sparingly around the stadium and I think it may have been used on the tv score bug one season for preseason broadcasts. I've never seen it on merchandise or sideline apparel. It's the only secondary logo the Texans have ever had. None of the above concepts ever made it to use other than this logo looks like a combination of some of them. I see the same state outline on a concept that is circled with a yes next to it.

TexansSecondary.jpg

So many of those are better than what they have now. I really like the HT logo with the wide H. It reminds me of a logo for them I drew up a while ago. The Texas flag football is probably my favorite of them all though. I love that logo.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

The Texas Flag Football is clever, but would be better without the T in it and maybe just two vertical lines flanking it, so the football is the crossbar of an H.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So many of those are better than what they have now.

So many? Really? The Texans logo is probably the single logo most people on here will agree is a modern (post 2000ish) classic.

I think the H(texas)T logo, that's circled in the middle right frame of the first picture, could easily be one of my favorite logos if it were used. I'm a sucker for negative space used well in design. Also I am thankful someone had the sense to nix the full body bull logo, it looks like the primary slapped on to a clipart bull.

Those alternate logo concepts are all pretty damn crumby if you ask me.

But then again, I don't really think the Texans are a team that needs an alternate logo. Their primary is great and does more than enough IMO.

I really like the circled HT logo on the right in the second row. That one is really the only secondary presented that would work.

The head logo seems so abstract and flowing, that having a full body variation would take away from it, and be hard to really pull off well, IMO.

The below logo was "introduced" in 2006. It just sort of appeared one day. It's used very sparingly around the stadium and I think it may have been used on the tv score bug one season for preseason broadcasts. I've never seen it on merchandise or sideline apparel. It's the only secondary logo the Texans have ever had. None of the above concepts ever made it to use other than this logo looks like a combination of some of them. I see the same state outline on a concept that is circled with a yes next to it.

TexansSecondary.jpg

That would look good on a cap!

Wow haven't seen these in years. The first year the Texans were around before the draft I was invited over to interview some executives. Those drawings were in an office along with other primary logos. Also many different color combos. I remember maroon and navy, green and gold, maroon and gold etc. Glad they went with navy and red. If they would fix the shape of Texas in the HT secondary I would like it better.

Wow haven't seen these in years. The first year the Texans were around before the draft I was invited over to interview some executives. Those drawings were in an office along with other primary logos. Also many different color combos. I remember maroon and navy, green and gold, maroon and gold etc. Glad they went with navy and red. If they would fix the shape of Texas in the HT secondary I would like it better.

They actually had the color concept display there as well. It showed the current Texans logo in all the options that were being considered. While there are too many teams with red or blue as their color in sports, I can't see a team named the Texans being anything other than red, white, and blue. The green and yellow Houston Texans from the WFL still look odd to me.

TexansSecondary.jpg

That would look good on a cap!

They had them a couple years back, I still have mine it's all white. I still wear it although it's beat down cuz that logo does look great ESP with the white. Is it still considered an alt logo?

I'm a die hard texans fan and I've never really cared for the team name but the logo is great and after looking at what it could have been I feel grateful they choose the right one. Also it's cool to see that fans of other teams like it as well.

I'm a die hard texans fan and I've never really cared for the team name but the logo is great and after looking at what it could have been I feel grateful they choose the right one. Also it's cool to see that fans of other teams like it as well.

I'm tellin' ya, it's a pretty spot on identity.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived