Washington Redskins

AnthPollock

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice work! The only comment I'd make is I'd like to see a version without the highlights on the face. They're that small and the logo that strong that I'm not sure you really need them and it would help cut your pallette by one colour.

All in all a fantastic job.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Honestly, I'm not really feelin' this... mainly because I think the Indy Indians' identity might be the best example of how to execute a Native American themed identity. Instead of making the logo/mascot an actual person, try looking into some of the first peoples who inhabited Indiana and go from there. Look for things like what types of art they made or what animals are significant in their mythology and try incorporating things like that into the teams' identity.

A generic indian head... meh.

That's helpful.

Anyways, I think it is a VERY well designed logo and as for the design of it on its own, you already fixed what was my only complaint (the facial highlights). I will say that I do prefer the current logo for Indianapolis' identity only because it's such a unique logo and carries the identity so well, but this is still a fantastic concept that looks sharp. Well done.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Make the X in the ear ring into a W, and maybe see if you can hide the elements of the DC flag in there. That'll take it from "generic Indian head" to Redskins logo. Would it be culturally insensitive to put two stripes of warpaint under the eye with three dots above it (representing the flag)? The second question then is, can that be made to look good? The face looks great now, would that ruin it?

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived