Washington Redskins

AnthPollock

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9u1cb8.jpg

Added the "w" and war paint.

Slightly blockier W, like the new Wisconsin jerseys kind of W, and make all of the corners touch the edge of the circle

And with the war paint, I mean replicate this

dc_flag_l.gif

but with maroon instead of red and no white.

The warpaint looks silly if it doesn't have some meaning to it. Stars would also get lost when shrunk (and how could he draw stars anyways?) So make the stars into dots. and if it doesn't work, drop it

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

I like the addition of the war paint, but it should stand out more.

The Washington, DC flag route isn't a bad idea, but the stars would be hard to replicate with the paint. Another idea would be incorporating three stars (or dots, or something) on the front of the headdress, which could stand for DC as well as Washington's 3 Super Bowl titles

There's a lot to like in this logo, but there's room for improvement.

The simple thick-stroke technique for facial definition works pretty well, however logos of this style typically suffer from lack of definition in the eyes. Yours is no different. The eyes almost look painful. It's not the worst thing in the world, but is an area that I would consider revisiting.

Also, the shading under the chin looks like a chinstrap. Maybe that's intentional, but I think that it separates the face from the neck too much, and... well, looks like a chinstrap.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think you need to find a way to make the 'W' more pronounced. The generic style and black-on-burgundy layout takes away from it when it really should be a focus of the logo.

I'm not really sure how I could do that when the space for the W is pretty small to begin with.

Archived