Ark

Charlotte Hornets.

Pullover Starter Jacket.

Teal.

Purple.

Can't get more 90s than that.

IMG00887-20120620-1934.jpg

THIS.

I have this exact Starter jacket however it's the Seattle Supersonics in dark green with red striping and white piping. Literally one of the coolest jackets ever, and I have no idea why my family has had it since it's purchase in the late 90's presumably. The logo is big, nice, and sexy right in the middle of the back, while it says SONICS on the front next to the alternate logo.

Can't find a picture of it online, but just a solid piece of 90's sports clothing without a doubt.

And honestly, if it came down to surviving alone in the wild winter, this jacket will almost do the job.

i too had that Hornets jacket. the colors and logo were legit! too legit to quit!

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Backwards pants?

Yup. Yup.

krisskros_4311.jpg

I can't believe that used to be "cool".

Aren't you quite a young guy? You'd be suprised what each generation considers to be "cool". :lol:

I just realized even though there are team scripts, the Kris Kross kids have on backwards shirts as well... Mind blowing, haha!

Well I don't remember kids going around with backwards shirts and pants. I didn't start school until 1994 and don't remember seeing kids wear this stuff. So maybe kids that were my age were smart enough to avoid this. ^_^

Im 28, and I wore my pants backwards one time, and only until I realized I had to pull them all the way down to pee, then I fixed it.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Backwards pants?

Yup. Yup.

krisskros_4311.jpg

Aren't you quite a young guy? You'd be suprised what each generation considers to be "cool". :lol:

I just realized even though there are team scripts, the Kris Kross kids have on backwards shirts as well... Mind blowing, haha!

Well I don't remember kids going around with backwards shirts and pants. I didn't start school until 1994 and don't remember seeing kids wear this stuff. So maybe kids that were my age were smart enough to avoid this. ^_^

Im 28, and I wore my pants backwards one time, and only until I realized I had to pull them all the way down to pee, then I fixed it.

thats whack.

whikity-whikity-whikity whack

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Backwards pants?

Yup. Yup.

krisskros_4311.jpg

thats whack.

We all do dumb :censored: as kids lol

Oh and zubaz pants were the :censored: too.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Backwards pants?

Yup. Yup.

krisskros_4311.jpg

thats whack.

Some of you try to rhyme, but you can't rhyme like this.

(I may've karaoke'd "Jump" once or twice) :D

I was the proud owner of both of these as a kid I think my parents actually held onto them, for some reason.

may7_jackets_gucci_mix_0047.jpg

I can't find a picture of the one I had, but it was a Bo Jackson Raiders sweatshirt with this kind of caricature.

PEWINGGREYGEN.jpg

Edit: Ho. Ly. :censored: . There's an ebay user that has a boatload of those caricature shirts (or at least re-prints them).

Link

I can't find a picture of the one I had, but it was a Bo Jackson Raiders sweatshirt with this kind of caricature.

PEWINGGREYGEN.jpg

Edit: Ho. Ly. :censored: . There's an ebay user that has a boatload of those caricature shirts (or at least re-prints them).

Link

I have a shirt like this, but it's current day Kobe so they still make them. I think the Adidas logo is on it, too.

Edit:

BBUYz.jpg

bSLCtu2.png

This exact hat:

CocksHat.jpg

I would say that this style hat is still incredibly popular today. Very much still a collegiate bookstore "staple" item. I think the reason it's still around is because it's a pretty clean design that is not gaudy or defining of a particular fad or era.

Backwards pants?

Yup. Yup.

krisskros_4311.jpg

thats whack.

I'm so glsd someone made this joke, because I was about to if no one else had.

sig2024.png

Most 90s sports clothing I've had at one point or another:

Jerome Bettis Rams jersey

Robert Brooks and Edgar Bennett Packers jerseys

Barcelona Dragons sublimated jersey

Bears Starter jacket (I remember I only got to wear it on the weekends cus I was in elementary school, and apparently elementary school kids are incapable of remembering locker combinations, as we had lockers but no locks. Oddly enough, I've been holding onto one of my cousins' old Suns Starter jacket for several years)

black Tennessee Oilers shirt

98 Tennessee Oilers jersey

this crazy ass lookin red/white Wisconsin cap with a crazy lookin badger logo I'd never seen before or since

depending on whether you think painter caps were late 80s or early 90s, a gold/white Brewers painter cap, ball & glove on top in all its glory

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

bar-f.jpg

jer-ams.jpg

DSC00298.jpg

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00308.jpg

orl-f.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

This exact hat:

CocksHat.jpg

Honestly, I was unaware that hat (and Charlotte Hornets gear, for that matter) was popular outside of the Carolinas.

You clearly have never had your mind in the gutter, then. :P

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

This exact hat:

CocksHat.jpg

I would say that this style hat is still incredibly popular today. Very much still a collegiate bookstore "staple" item. I think the reason it's still around is because it's a pretty clean design that is not gaudy or defining of a particular fad or era.

Also because it says "Cocks."

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

In Winnipeg, there is no question that the NHL Starter stuff was super-popular in the early 90s - no surprise given the NHL's popularity. What's weird is that there were tons of people rocking Starter jackets of teams that would have been totally obscure by Canadian standards. I knew guys who loved to wear Georgetown or Michigan stuff yet could not name one single person associated with those schools.

There was even a short-lived epidemic of kids getting jumped for their early 90s gear. The top two targets? Bulls and Raiders team stuff. If you wore this jacket, you had to watch your back around Winnipeg Transit bus stops:

IMG_0953.jpg

Nobody would hassle you for a Canadiens or UNLV Rebels jacket, but if you had the silver and black, LOOK OUT

Archived