WWE Championship concept

Has2916

I've seen the image that's out there that is supposedly the new main plate for the WWE Championship. If that turns out to ne true I will be quite disappointed. So, I decided to make my own concept. Something I wouldn't be disappointed in. I'm more of a late 90's early 2000's fan, so this concept may not be for fans of more recent eras.

WWEChampionshipConcept1.png

I also hope to include a TV Championship in this post and a new Tag Championship design.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely a very well designed WWE title concept!

One thing I would change would be the sides of the main plate. Those parts are too reminiscent of the current IC title, which is a spin off of the classic belt. However, I think you could go in the same direction as they did with that belt by using a design that's a nod to the past as well. Here is a link to the history of the WWE title belt designs. I was thinking if the design was in a way similar to the mid 90s belt (the one that Shawn Michaels had), it might look really good.

Keep everything as it is...except the center plate. I find that center plates look best when they are shaped like shields. Now there are many different shapes for shields, so that's where it's your choice. Also, for a championship as important as the WWE Championship, you need a more realistic looking eagle. Or if you want to take an easier route, just use a large WWE logo. You can put the globe behind it. See how that looks.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

So a more realistic eagle then? And perhaps some more character added to the CHAMPION banner? I'll try to put something together tonight.

As for using a shield as the main shape, I was thinking of doing that on the side plates of other belts. I can't think of a successful main championship shaped like a shield. Am I wrong?

It's kind of funny. On sports unis there are mostly generally agreed upon elements that look good. However on a championship belt it seems everyone has their own ideas.

WWEChampionshipConcept2.png

Here's version #2. I used a more detailed eagle and I actually think it makes the belt look wider, in a good way. I went with a different style of eagle than is traditionally used to try and make this a modern looking belt for a new era of fans. Good/bad? Because of the eagle I rearranged it and the globe.

Thoughts?

Definitely looks better with the wings coming out of the shield. That's what made the winged-eagle belt look great - it wasn't just a solid circular plate or "2d" plate like everything before it. The eagle wings are what made that belt work, even though it was relatively small.

I think that you could round out the bottom more so it doesn't go so far down, narrow the top of the shield , and change the angle of the wings slightly so that even more is protruding.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like the design on the center plate; I just don't like the center plate shape you chose. I understand why you chose it, but I don't like the "waves" on the sides of it. It looks like a banner or a flag and that doesn't work for a World title IMHO. Use the exact same design but on a different shaped center plate and I think I'll be happy :)

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I love the 2nd design. It's a beaut!

The globe centred in the wings looks much better, as do the new wings.

Very good work here man!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I like the design on the center plate; I just don't like the center plate shape you chose. I understand why you chose it, but I don't like the "waves" on the sides of it. It looks like a banner or a flag and that doesn't work for a World title IMHO. Use the exact same design but on a different shaped center plate and I think I'll be happy :)

I think your WWE champion design is pretty awesome; returns the title to a more respectful and graceful look compared to the spinner. With that said, I agree with chawls about the side plates. It's typically associated w/ the IC title (a secondary title not the main title) so I would w/ a shape similar to the IWGP heavyweight title (IMO). as well maybe adding the word heavyweight over champion and a small crown on top of the globe (these are just suggestions).

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Thanks for the c&c everyone. I will play with the shape of the main plate and see what I can come up with.

What do people prefer. The roundness of the Winged Eagle and Attitude Championship belts, or the "longer" look of the Undisputed and Spinner belts?

I like B I believe but it is close. You cannot have World Heavyweight if that is what that says since they have the WWE Champion & World Heavyweight Champion.

WWE spells out the name on alot of the titles if you need something to put there.

A is better.

You could make the black around the main plate a little flatter, so more like the undisputed belt (but not as much) and then put extra detail on the sides of the main plate like the gold eagle belt had. It'd also make the bottom less awkward where the strap is cut out around the "champion" bar.

Also consider a tapered strap instead of a level one. Taper it, and make the side plates a more unique shape. There's something about the rectangle with circle on top that just doesn't seem to mesh with the rest of the concept.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived